Table Pack #34 speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

p6800

May 17, 2013
Just like the POTO file that was in the steam version since launch or something... This things tell nothing about when some table will pop. It's just a confirmation that that table is on the radar, and we all know for sure, from a few interviews, that they love Steve Ritchie and hs1+2 were a lock.

I also love HS2, but common sense tells me it will be here later, maybe even next season. It's too similar to hs1 and they need to spread things out in a nice way

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Well they would want to release a big title table before TAF.
POTO ,Party Zone and now Earthshaker is not the best start to the season they could have made.
Still people have requested these tables otherwise they would not be developing them

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I also love HS2, but common sense tells me it will be here later, maybe even next season.

Your common sense is off, as "High Speed II" WILL arrive this season.

Well they would want to release a big title table before TAF.
POTO ,Party Zone and now Earthshaker is not the best start to the season they could have made.
Still people have requested these tables otherwise they would not be developing them

I agree if you exclude POTO. I thought that was a real nice surprise, and it was the first DATA EAST table, so it was aces all around.

As for "The Party Zone", "Earthshaker", "High Speed II", & "Starship Troopers", well, wake me up when those are over and done with. I'm glad that people are getting them, because all of them (besides ST) have been heavily requested, but none of them do anything for me. In fact, I've honestly lost interest in TPA because the choices this season just don't do anything for me. I'm tired of playing the games that we already have. (TPZ= Dr. Dude, HS II= HS, Earthshaker= Whirlwind...BORING!!!)

I'm patiently awaiting much better choices, like "F-14 Tomcat", "Judge Dredd", "Corvette", "Swords of Fury" etc etc...

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I know what you mean with being kind of bored with TPA right now. I like all the tables from season 3 and 4, so far, but they all feel kind of familiar.

Diner is fun and all, but it still feels like Taxi to me, more or less. Its too bad Cyclone didn't win that poll. I'm ready for Farsight to take a chance and bring us something different.

pm1109

Dec 18, 2013
Your common sense is off, as "High Speed II" WILL arrive this season.

I agree if you exclude POTO. I thought that was a real nice surprise, and it was the first DATA EAST table, so it was aces all around.

As for "The Party Zone", "Earthshaker", "High Speed II", & "Starship Troopers", well, wake me up when those are over and done with. I'm glad that people are getting them, because all of them (besides ST) have been heavily requested, but none of them do anything for me. In fact, I've honestly lost interest in TPA because the choices this season just don't do anything for me. I'm tired of playing the games that we already have. (TPZ= Dr. Dude, HS II= HS, Earthshaker= Whirlwind...BORING!!!)

I'm patiently awaiting much better choices, like "F-14 Tomcat", "Judge Dredd", "Corvette", "Swords of Fury" etc etc...

I have lost interest in TPA aswell.Maybe if dx 11 came to PC finally that would rekindle my interest in the game again.Playing a lot less now than before that is for sure.
To be honest the only thing I am looking forward to is GTA 5 coming to PC on 27th Jan game wise.

Last edited:

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
I have lost interest in TPA aswell.Maybe if dx 11 came to PC finally that would rekindle my interest in the game again.Playing a lot less now than before that is for sure.
To be honest the only thing I am looking forward to is GTA 5 coming to PC on 27th Jan game wise.

Imagine walking into a room full of every machine ever created. Farsight is hand-picking on average the top 100 tables people would think of walk up to and actually play.

We all have our favorites, like my past times, Bad Cats, Rollergames, etc.

I've been buying every table on Android since it's release and now switching from console to PC. Gotta appreciate their love for pinball. The collection thus far is so underrated. With the addition of Addams Family it's one of a kind. We will have another two years of this, and hopefully the party never ends. It's been such a thrill ride since their announcement three years ago. :)

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
Diner is fun and all, but it still feels like Taxi to me, more or less. Its too bad Cyclone didn't win that poll. I'm ready for Farsight to take a chance and bring us something different.

The problem is that they've already done the truly most popular tables (other than licenses) and arguably, most of the best of the 90s DMD era that doesn't come with a heavy licensing price tag. Frankly, a list a *lot* of people love frankly would be incredibly expensive (eg: TAF, Indy, Lord of the Rings, Judge Dredd, Simpsons Pinball Party, Jurassic Park...)

I'll admit I've also held off on Season 4 because the pin list just doesn't thrill me at the moment, but I'm sure others would love it. Can't pretend HS2 and Earthshaker are not popular choices. (I like both okay but they are not "top pins" to me.)

We may not be getting Cyclone now, but I have to assume we are getting it some time in the future, either later this season or in the next, it seems too obvious.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
The problem is that they've already done the truly most popular tables (other than licenses) and arguably, most of the best of the 90s DMD era that doesn't come with a heavy licensing price tag. Frankly, a list a *lot* of people love frankly would be incredibly expensive (eg: TAF, Indy, Lord of the Rings, Judge Dredd, Simpsons Pinball Party, Jurassic Park...)

I'll admit I've also held off on Season 4 because the pin list just doesn't thrill me at the moment, but I'm sure others would love it. Can't pretend HS2 and Earthshaker are not popular choices. (I like both okay but they are not "top pins" to me.)

We may not be getting Cyclone now, but I have to assume we are getting it some time in the future, either later this season or in the next, it seems too obvious.
It sounds like we'll get Cyclone next season. I agree that we have the best tables so far. Actually, all my "must haves" are in TPA. You can't fault them for making the most requested tables. I'm really looking forward to TAF!

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Like I said, I'm not mad, they're doing tables that have been highly popular and highly requested.

My issue is that a lot of them are pretty much the same as the others. I'm ready for something different, again, like "F-14 Tomcat", "Swords of Fury", "Rescue 911", "Xenon", "Corvette", etc etc. This is the first time I've been completely burnt out on TPA to the point where I'm not even playing it.

Once I'm finally able to get POTO on PS3, I'll be compelled enough to jump back on and play for a while, so that's a plus.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I've been trying to push the idea that if Leader Boards reset every month, there'd be a reason to go back to the game. FarSight also really needs to get online head to head implemented, as that too would stoke the fire.

It's not a knock on the game that there is a growing sentiment of burnout among many forum members. It's to be expected after 3+ years. What FS needs to do is take a long hard look at how Blizzard keeps there audience coming, and paying, for more long after the shine has come off the game.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
I think one of the major issues is that we've had a half season's worth of brutal tables that tend to me more punishing than fun to play from LCA-POTO. Also POTO is def not starting season 4 off with a bang. To me POTO has severely limited replay value and there's not a lot to do. I think things will pick up once we get TAF into the fold. But the fact is what unlicensed tables we're left with are more niche than wide appeal with a few exceptions (red and Ted). still i'm happy to get as many tables as possible.

Adding Super Wizard goals might be fun too.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
yeah. adding a third tier of goals (when the table provides enough) will give people something to do.

There are quite a few TPA tables i could have made 3 tiers of goals for.

Some good wizard goals for TAF.

1) Collect train wreck extra ball.
2) start tour the mansion.
3) score a triple jackpot.
4) score a super bear kick
5) Finish the tour of the mansion. (this means don't drain during the automatic loop through all the rooms)

Last edited:

DokkenRokken

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
I've been trying to push the idea that if Leader Boards reset every month, there'd be a reason to go back to the game. FarSight also really needs to get online head to head implemented, as that too would stoke the fire.

It's not a knock on the game that there is a growing sentiment of burnout among many forum members. It's to be expected after 3+ years. What FS needs to do is take a long hard look at how Blizzard keeps there audience coming, and paying, for more long after the shine has come off the game.

That's a good idea, but that doesn't do much for those of us who couldn't care less about high scores. lol I think what would help is to give the DMD's a break for a minute. There are so many non DMD classics that have been endlessly requested, and ones that aren't big licenses. Would it kill them to do "Xenon" or "Mousin' Around"?

I was excited as hell for "Diner", until I played it and saw that it was dark as hell. That kinda kills some of the fun.

I think one of the major issues is that we've had a half season's worth of brutal tables that tend to me more punishing than fun to play from LCA-POTO. Also POTO is def not starting season 4 off with a bang. To me POTO has severely limited replay value and there's not a lot to do. I think things will pick up once we get TAF into the fold. But the fact is what unlicensed tables we're left with are more niche than wide appeal with a few exceptions (red and Ted). still i'm happy to get as many tables as possible.

Adding Super Wizard goals might be fun too.

I disagree about POTO, but we've already had this little discussion before. The response to POTO was mostly positive, and we finally got a Data East table, esp one that was highly requested. If anything, I'm tired of playing the same game over and over. (Again: "Dr. Dude"= TPZ, "Whirlwind"= "Earthshaker", "HS= HSII, etc etc.) I already have these damn tables, and the "prequels", if you will, are just as boring as their sequels. I played TPZ for about two minutes before I was endlessly annoyed by the table.

If anything, POTO was a nice change up. We need more tables like that, instead of the same goofy toy themed/DMD tables. I LOVE DMD, but even I'm tired of it at this point. Sadly, it's only going to continue the next few months as we get "Earthshaker", "Starship Troopers", "High Speed II", "The Addams Family", etc, etc. I'll bet $100.00 we also get "Red & Ted's Roadshow" this season as well, just because why not?

It's a sad day when even I'm excited to get an EM, just because it'll finally be something besides a goofy DMD. lol (At the very least, can we stop with the Lawlor tables?!? Thankfully, those are just about done.)

Last edited:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I'm hoping for an EM or early SS soon as well. I've found that I keep going back to older tables when I don't know what else to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts