I feel cheated, Free version doesn't get updated at the same time? Unbelievable!!!!

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
The MM flipper gap is definitely something that is being worked on as we speak, and has been for some time. The problem that exists is somehow on the iOS only the flipper collision/ geometry is actually larger than the flippers themselves. What this means is that the the flippers should technically hit the ball even if they do not appear to be able to. Sounds strange, I know, and the strangest part is that there is no reason why or how this happened on iOS only. But, I promise you all it is being worked on. As far as CV, a lot of the game physics had to be tweaked in order to get the table to run smoother. By the way!! I've just been informed the Plunger cam issue and the multiple balls in the plunger lane issue is reportedly fixed!! So I will keep you all posted as I find out more!

The flipper gap on MM is present on the Android and PS Vita Versions as well. When I made comparisons to a real MM, the plastics on either side leading up to the flippers seem to be a little shorter than on the real machine.

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
I have no doubt you're right about that. There in lays the problem. For whatever reason there seems to be difficulty getting the flippers to match up to their own collisions which is creating the gap. From what I understand though, the issue should be fixed soon if not now. I've personally had trouble with this as well, and being a huge pinball fan as I am I really do understand the frustration of these things. So I am always pushing for fixes, especially on MM which is one of my favs. By the way, thank you for all your input. I am in this forum now for good, specifically for the iOS so I will use any and all input I get.

-Jake

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
I have no doubt you're right about that. There in lays the problem. For whatever reason there seems to be difficulty getting the flippers to match up to their own collisions which is creating the gap. From what I understand though, the issue should be fixed soon if not now. I've personally had trouble with this as well, and being a huge pinball fan as I am I really do understand the frustration of these things. So I am always pushing for fixes, especially on MM which is one of my favs. By the way, thank you for all your input. I am in this forum now for good, specifically for the iOS so I will use any and all input I get.

-Jake

More information and updates like this from FS itself would cut down a lot of complaining, and enhance TPA's reputation. Keep it up!

emb531

Mar 22, 2012

-Jake

Thanks for the info buddy, MM is a great table and I haven't been playing it much because of the flipper issue. MB is awesome though, really enjoying that table!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Jakey baby if your our ios dude...please look up the blackhole ruleset that lower table closing the gate with different updates is bad

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
Ok, so here is the down low on just exactly what is going on with BlackHole. In BlackHole, the real-life tables can run either way and we have seen them run both ways, where some the lower gate stays open ones opened, and others the gate will close due to various reasons. The reason the BH tables were reverted back to the old settings is because the rules did not match what was actually happening on the table. Once the rules are all up to standard, which I was just informed they are, BH will once again be re-reverted back to the fix with the rules matching completely. So there is hope in sight and BH will be updated in the next release. I hope that is the definitive answer you were all looking for. I know it isn't that great right now will the old fix in, but soon enough it will be updated accordingly.
-Jake

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Ok, so here is the down low on just exactly what is going on with BlackHole. In BlackHole, the real-life tables can run either way and we have seen them run both ways, where some the lower gate stays open ones opened, and others the gate will close due to various reasons. The reason the BH tables were reverted back to the old settings is because the rules did not match what was actually happening on the table. Once the rules are all up to standard, which I was just informed they are, BH will once again be re-reverted back to the fix with the rules matching completely. So there is hope in sight and BH will be updated in the next release. I hope that is the definitive answer you were all looking for. I know it isn't that great right now will the old fix in, but soon enough it will be updated accordingly.
-Jake

Yes, that's great news. Thanks, Jake.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

-Jake

Glad to hear you guys are looking into, and possibly already in the process of fixing, the MM flipper gap issue.

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
No problem. I know you guys have had trouble in the past of getting things answered and I really appreciate your patience. I will do my best to get you all the info and answers you need

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
LOL Thank you, but I am no hero. Just trying to help. I know how hard it is to get real support from game companies as I am an avid XBOX360 user and have almost never had questions answered haha

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Since we're talking about Black Hole, I would like to know if the older tables like Black Hole and Gorgar will ever have full ROM emulation since your mission statement is to produce "exact recreations of the greatest pinball games of all time."

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
To answer the question about the older tables such as BH and Gorgar, tables such as these will never be able to be emulated. The reason for this is that these tables do not have ROM and emulation is usually impossible. The way we recreate these tables is by buying the actual tables(which we have) and using all methods available to us to try and exactly replicate them. Most of the older tables run like a clock of sorts, with no real CPU or anything of that sort, just a mchine that responds with switches and timing. This is the main reason the BH rules had to be rewritten and fixed because there were no rules available to us, we just had to figure everything out and write them ourselves. I hope this answers your question

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Im gushing and if ya knew me....this just confirms ive underpayed

I feel a pom pom comng but im mad enough

Im here to play birthin pains aint nothin

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
To answer the question about the older tables such as BH and Gorgar, tables such as these will never be able to be emulated. The reason for this is that these tables do not have ROM and emulation is usually impossible. The way we recreate these tables is by buying the actual tables(which we have) and using all methods available to us to try and exactly replicate them. Most of the older tables run like a clock of sorts, with no real CPU or anything of that sort, just a mchine that responds with switches and timing. This is the main reason the BH rules had to be rewritten and fixed because there were no rules available to us, we just had to figure everything out and write them ourselves. I hope this answers your question

Thanks for the clarification...regardless, Black Hole and Gorgar still play pretty close to their real world counterparts and I'm happy with the overall quality of these older tables you've recreated. I know you guys will rescript the older tables until they play pretty much dead on with the real life tables.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
First of all, thanks Jake for this avalanche of information! But I have a question...

To answer the question about the older tables such as BH and Gorgar, tables such as these will never be able to be emulated. The reason for this is that these tables do not have ROM and emulation is usually impossible.
Both these tables are solid state, so there's some sort of ROM running the show. Gorgar's ROM is available for public download at the IPDB. Black Hole's is mentioned but is not available due to Gottlieb asserting their IP rights.

Are these ROMs of a different type, maybe one that has been found to be fundamentally incompatible with how TPA's emulator works? I could understand that, since these machines are 30+ years old and computing architecture was very very different back then.

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
It takes a lot of testing and re testing and retesting, but we will get there. I'm happy to hear from those who've played the originals and that they are enjoying them, so thank you as well.

Pinball Arcade

FarSight Employee
Jun 11, 2012
@Serenseven

That is exactly correct and I actually forgot to mention that in the earlier post, so I apologize for that. Thats what it basically comes down to is our emulation guy cannot format or make the older systems compatible with his/ our emulation. I think this will be a fix maybe sometime in the future where it will be possible, I could be wrong but it is possible.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.