Download "all" function needed

Thaedor

Aug 19, 2013
I just upgraded to a new tablet and re-downloading all my tables is very tedious. Under the manage tables folder there should be a way to download multiple tables at once.

Ryan Routon

FarSight Employee
Feb 24, 2012
It's on my list, I have just been told by management that it is low priority, we have other features we want to get in first, but we have not forgotten =)

crazywolf

Jul 9, 2013
nice to hear :)
Hope then it will be for upgrades too. On new TPA Versions you dont see which tables have an update, just if you start them you get a message.

LanceBoyle

Jul 5, 2013
nice to hear :)
Hope then it will be for upgrades too. On new TPA Versions you dont see which tables have an update, just if you start them you get a message.

Well, you can also tell if you hear the music you generally get when you haven't downloaded the table.

Kirill Kirilld

Sep 6, 2013
About table upgrades.
I think it's reasonable to inform users about them. The best choice is to do it right in the application (something like inbox), if it's not difficult. Or at least on twitter + facebook + PAF.
Thanks!

N

netizen

About table upgrades.
I think it's reasonable to inform users about them. The best choice is to do it right in the application (something like inbox), if it's not difficult. Or at least on twitter + facebook + PAF.
Thanks!

Having a detailed change log would go a long way to this being communicated but that is still a work in progress.

As it is you are aurally notified of table assets having been updated within the application due to the change in music. When the table selection carousel menu music plays the music from the main/starting menu it will indicate that there is a Rez file to download for that particular title.

When the selection menu plays the associated music/sounds or silence for the selected title then there are no updates to the assets.

I know it is a PITA, but I flip through the entire selection carousel after each update and listen for an audio cue of any updates.

Kirill Kirilld

Sep 6, 2013
Having a detailed change log would go a long way to this being communicated but that is still a work in progress.
I know it is a PITA, but I flip through the entire selection carousel after each update and listen for an audio cue of any updates.
I know that and I do the same.
But aren't table updates released independently of app updates? So you must "carouselling" every day to be sure up to date. And if you own all tables, it becomes annoying very soon

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I know that and I do the same.
But aren't table updates released independently of app updates? So you must "carouselling" every day to be sure up to date. And if you own all tables, it becomes annoying very soon

No, the app must be updated with REZ flags to trigger the REZ file update.

That is the only official time that the table files get updated. Or when Ryan releases a beta build and we need to download the latest REZ files for the new tables.

Last edited:

MonkeyGrass

Jul 11, 2013
Been needing it for months....

I think it's on the same "list" as the PS4 audio fix, PC cabinet options, and multi-controller support.

In other words....

...don't hold your breath.

Michael DiFilippo

Mar 26, 2012
Been needing it for months....

I think it's on the same "list" as the PS4 audio fix, PC cabinet options, and multi-controller support.

In other words....

...don't hold your breath.

Oh hey, and throw in a favorites option to mark all the tables you play on a regular basis to view. Dont even get me started on (sorting, grouping, filtering, folder options) there are just too many endless things we actually need that would help with the current UI or any UI for that matter.

I hope this is all thought out and fullfilled in the next major UI release. And something that none of us will have to bring up again. :)

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
For me the favorites would be more important ... or being able to use the extSdcard.

I don't think that anything will come soon. As before mentioned: Don't hold you breath!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts