2.04.10 (patched Dr Who Build) - Bugs Android

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hi,
Just downloaded and installed the build above, and the 'deadzones' around special buttons seem to be fixed.

The controller support is still broken though.
I noticed you added nudge via D-pad which is great and much appreciated.

HID controllers via Bluetooth still have no flippers though. I've tried playing without flippers but it looks like these are key to enjoying Pinball. :)

Tested using - Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F, and the following controllers...
Moga Pro (in mode B)
8bitdo Zero
Sixaxis Dualshock via Sixaxis app wirelessly via Bluetooth, and also wired via USB/otg adapter as a native controller.

For native HID Bluetooth controllers.
Controls confirmed working are...
D-pad
Left analogue stick
Right analogue stick
A, b, x, y buttons

Controls Not Working are...
Shoulder buttons (for flippers)
Analogue triggers

Any chance of a fix on this please, as it really has detracted from the enjoyment of the game loosing controller support.
Nvidia shield support is good (as I have one also) but the majority of players will be native controller type, so this could do with looking at.

If you need any testing on this - I'm happy to help and can install apk files offered.

Thanks.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Well, I have a Shield Tablet and still have no controller support. Based on Barons description My shield controller is still being recognized by TPA as a HID controller.

In game I have no flippers, but I can plunge the ball with the right analogue stick or the A button, nudge with the left stick, change camera with Y, enter the menu with B.

However once in the option menu from B I have no control of anything.

From the home screen all I can do is move from tab to tab with both shoulder buttons, and the right stick. I have no way of navigating the table select menu to choose a table. I can choose the highlighted one with the A button and get past the mid screen with the A button. But that is IT.

In short, I can do exactly the same as the previous build, so nothing has changed wrt controller support!!

So glad that this problem has persisted. Whatever Farsight broke 3 releases ago, fix it as I could at least use the flippers prior to then.

Seeing as the Beta group has again shown they do not have enough variety in their Hardware to source this problem, open the testing up to public and ask for people with this problem. This closed door testing obviously isn't solving it. Or short of doing that, ask about who is experiencing these issues and then work with them to find solutions.

Why the **** hasn't the OUYA/Razer Forge controller UX scheme been ported back to Android so that there is proper controller options in the game with mappable controls etc?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Well, I have a Shield Tablet and still have no controller support. Based on Barons description My shield controller is still being recognized by TPA as a HID controller.

In game I have no flippers, but I can plunge the ball with the right analogue stick or the A button, nudge with the left stick, change camera with Y, enter the menu with B.

However once in the option menu from B I have no control of anything.

From the home screen all I can do is move from tab to tab with both shoulder buttons, and the right stick. I have no way of navigating the table select menu to choose a table. I can choose the highlighted one with the A button and get past the mid screen with the A button. But that is IT.

In short, I can do exactly the same as the previous build, so nothing has changed wrt controller support!!

So glad that this problem has persisted. Whatever Farsight broke 3 releases ago, fix it as I could at least use the flippers prior to then.

Seeing as the Beta group has again shown they do not have enough variety in their Hardware to source this problem, open the testing up to public and ask for people with this problem. This closed door testing obviously isn't solving it. Or short of doing that, ask about who is experiencing these issues and then work with them to find solutions.

Why the **** hasn't the OUYA/Razer Forge controller UX scheme been ported back to Android so that there is proper controller options in the game with mappable controls etc?

Once again, it is not closed door testing. You're welcome to join in. Send a message to [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] to get an invite to the Google+ group. The whole point of moving the testing to the Play Store and Google+ was to facilitate easier and more secure distribution of beta updates, allow for crash reports to be sent directly to FS, and to centralize the reporting and discussion of bugs. When this was set up, there was an open invitation in the old Android Beta Test forums to anyone who wanted to sign up. Sorry if you missed that, but as far as I'm aware the invitation is still open, you just have to ask. Instead of whining about what you perceive beta testers aren't doing after every update, even though you don't actually have any evidence because you're not involved.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Get an invite to be frustrated by reporting bugs that won't be fixed. Yeah, no thanks. I have been through the whole FS beta testing circus before.

At this point I simply want FS to stop with the regression bugs, or at least to stop breaking old features when they put out new tables/versions. If that's too much to ask that beta testers make sure of then FFS stop being a tester and demand that FS invest money on actual QA procedure before it gets to you and then the customer.

Once again, I am speaking as an End User. The person whose money is supposed to pay for the product. Yet, this product is continually broken or not working as expected. This is a much, much, larger problem than beta testers getting all pissy because they are not feeling respected by Spork98765 on the fans forum. SMH

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hi,
Just downloaded and installed the build above, and the 'deadzones' around special buttons seem to be fixed.

The controller support is still broken though.
I noticed you added nudge via D-pad which is great and much appreciated.

HID controllers via Bluetooth still have no flippers though. I've tried playing without flippers but it looks like these are key to enjoying Pinball. :)

Tested using - Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F, and the following controllers...
Moga Pro (in mode B)
8bitdo Zero
Sixaxis Dualshock via Sixaxis app wirelessly via Bluetooth, and also wired via USB/otg adapter as a native controller.

For native HID Bluetooth controllers.
Controls confirmed working are...
D-pad
Left analogue stick
Right analogue stick
A, b, x, y buttons

Controls Not Working are...
Shoulder buttons (for flippers)
Analogue triggers

Any chance of a fix on this please, as it really has detracted from the enjoyment of the game loosing controller support.
Nvidia shield support is good (as I have one also) but the majority of players will be native controller type, so this could do with looking at.

If you need any testing on this - I'm happy to help and can install apk files offered.

Thanks.

I'll forward your report. Do you happen to use the moga pivot app on your shield tablet? Also we don't create apk files anymore for testing purposes anymore. Your more than welcome to join the beta group and participate when you want.

Also, were currently working on HID support so mode B will work. I believe currently only Mode A is working (with Moga Pivot)

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I'll forward your report. Do you happen to use the moga pivot app on your shield tablet? Also we don't create apk files anymore for testing purposes anymore. Your more than welcome to join the beta group and participate when you want.

Also, were currently working on HID support so mode B will work. I believe currently only Mode A is working (with Moga Pivot)

Hi - thanks for the reply.
No I don't use the pivot app or 'mode A' on the Moga. I was trying to test native HID Bluetooth controller support for you as this seems to be be what is currently broken. Native Bluetooth controller support used to be supported by TPA up until recently with the enhanced controller support builds. It'll probably be the most common used by your customers too I'd guess.

I have 3 controller options I can use to test this for you. In addition to those I have a Shield K1 with Shield controller also. The Shield with Shield controller currently works perfectly for me, but isn't working for all Shield /Shield Controller users. See above. Some are detected as Native Bluetooth controllers.

I've emailed support also so they should have that report sat waiting in the inbox.

Thanks again for looking into this issue.

It does add a lot to Android TPA having controller support.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
I know from testing on other apps, that supporting the shoulder buttons of Shield controller causes issues with Native HID controller buttons not working if you connect a standard Bluetooth controller.

I do testing for a flight sim app called Aerofly2, which gave similar issues when they added controller support for Shield Controller which they added for Shield TV support.
The controller support worked perfectly for the Shield with Shield Controller, but when you connected a native HID Bluetooth controller, everything worked except for the shoulder buttons and triggers. Sounds familiar so I thought it worth mentioning incase this is the same issue.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hi - thanks for the reply.
No I don't use the pivot app or 'mode A' on the Moga. I was trying to test native HID Bluetooth controller support for you as this seems to be be what is currently broken. Native Bluetooth controller support used to be supported by TPA up until recently with the enhanced controller support builds. It'll probably be the most common used by your customers too I'd guess.

I have 3 controller options I can use to test this for you. In addition to those I have a Shield K1 with Shield controller also. The Shield with Shield controller currently works perfectly for me, but isn't working for all Shield /Shield Controller users. See above. Some are detected as Native Bluetooth controllers.

I've emailed support also so they should have that report sat waiting in the inbox.

Thanks again for looking into this issue.

It does add a lot to Android TPA having controller support.

Do you have the issue on your other android device?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Do you have the issue on your other android device?
The native HID controller support doesn't work on my Samsung Note 4 SM-N910F (running stock Lollipop) with either of the three Native HID Bluetooth controller devices I have. It doesn't work for TPA only. Other apps like snes.emu support the controllers still on the same device.

My Shield K1 with Shield Controller (running stock MM) works perfectly with TPA. Although other Shield and Shield controllers are reported not doing (see Sporks post above).

I haven't connected a Native HID controller to the Shield K1 as I always use the Shield controller, but can if you wish me to.
I'm guessing that the flippers won't work via the shoulder buttons as this doesn't appear to be be working in TPA at the moment with Native HID Bluetooth controllers, but it has done in the past.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Looks like Farsight have a fix for this in future builds.
Spork will be happy again.
Cheers FlippyFloppy.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.