5-27 Update

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
How has the update been? I don't know because that update broke the entire app for me. Has that been an issue for anyone else?

Edit: meant 5-26 update

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
5-26? Is this Amazon Kindle?

Android.

Also, nice that they release updates on Fridays only, that way the customers get to be screwed throughout the weekend or longer because there is nobody available to fix bugs. Wouldn't be that major of an issue if I was still able to play TPA, but I cannot even get the app started. The app that I've invested $100s in.

In the future, I'll be waiting to update until the inevitable bugs get fixed. Checking Google Play store reviews, quite a few people have this problem. Good job!

dangerx4

Mar 29, 2017
How has the update been? I don't know because that update broke the entire app for me. Has that been an issue for anyone else?

Edit: meant 5-26 update

The same thing is happening to me, I can not start the app. Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro sm t320 kitkat 4.4.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Also, nice that they release updates on Fridays only, that way the customers get to be screwed throughout the weekend or longer because there is nobody available to fix bugs. Wouldn't be that major of an issue if I was still able to play TPA, but I cannot even get the app started. The app that I've invested $100s in.

That is a problem - in fact it's a bit of a disease in the software development world - we love the idea of releasing on Friday, but we always forget releasing on Friday generally is a good way to work the weekend as customers find issues with the release that were not caught in QA. (At least, in places where the software release is internal, and the customers are also internal, which usually results in a weekend recall).

Far better to release it on a Monday morning which then the whole staff can be prepped to handle the influx of problems (as well as warning the staff that if they need to do something, do it before the weekend is over!).

And yes, FarSight will suffer for it because it's a whole weekend where the app is broken and they'll get nothing but a flood of 1-star ratings and reviews that will sit around and be sticky by the time Monday rolls around. Hell, even on iOS there are problems (though not as severe as not starting). The only hope for iOS ratings is if those tables are unpopular enough that no one else notices.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
The same thing is happening to me, I can not start the app. Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro sm t320 kitkat 4.4.
Would not be surprised if it's the OS/device. I've still got mine knocking around at home, I'll see what happens. No problems on a Tab S2 on Nougat.

All the beta testers were on at least 5.0, most on 6.0 or higher with newer devices.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

meridian

Mar 22, 2014
Far better to release it on a Monday morning which then the whole staff can be prepped to handle the influx of problems (as well as warning the staff that if they need to do something, do it before the weekend is over!).

Mondays are the busiest time of the week for anyone doing software development in my 35 years of development experience. There is a reason we only deploy on Tuesdays.

Indus

Oct 24, 2014
Same problem :( since the last update, it crashes at begining on my Samsung Galaxy S5 (Kitkat 4.4.2) and my Archos Gamepad 2 (Kitkat 4.2.2)

Nov 18, 2016
I'm fine over here with my clunky old S4. But it's gone trigger happy. Specifically the plunger trigger. The plunger keeps shooting on its own during gameplay. Kinda annoying.

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
Galaxy Note 3 running Gummy, 4.4.4 is the device I'm usually using...

Wish I never followed the advice from my email conversation that had me reinstall the app, because I probably could've just moved all the tables to my SD card and reinstall the previous working version. Next time I'll make sure not to upgrade until I read the recent comments in the PS

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
I'm fine over here with my clunky old S4. But it's gone trigger happy. Specifically the plunger trigger. The plunger keeps shooting on its own during gameplay. Kinda annoying.

I believe I read that they removed the plunger camera angle... Hope is that working for you? I liked it personally and wish they just kept it as an option

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
The Dev is aware of this issue now.
It was reported in the testers group, and has been acknowledged.

Hopefully you'll get sorted this week.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Mondays are the busiest time of the week for anyone doing software development in my 35 years of development experience. There is a reason we only deploy on Tuesdays.

You reminded me - it's a 3 day weekend in the US (Memorial Day). So it's actually worse that they released on Friday - three days to gather negative review comments before someone will actually get around to fixing it.

AnvilCloud

Jun 25, 2016
Thought I'd add something else: when starting SPA, I get the pinball arcade has closed pop up, then SPA loads normally. That has only happened since TPA update

Nov 18, 2016
A very weird, annoying bug: when a table is touched before launching the ball, it starts the table vibrating like mad without stopping, usually leading to a Tilt or an inability to continue the game. And it's easy to screw up and nudge the table when you meant the plunger. Lots of games lost due to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.