A couple of forum departures...

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Just letting people know that Franky requested his account be deleted earlier today, which I granted.

Gail r Schwartz has also been banned from the forum. I had placed her into a special usergroup where her posts were moderated before they'd show up, and luckily I did it before she made a few "interesting" posts regarding the 360 DLC delay, so no one else saw them.

I know many of you think Gail was simply a troll, but I was able to verify that she had an active Facebook account under the same email address, and also participated in a number of forums related to her job. I don't think she was a troll, just someone that... hmm... "operates on a different frequency."

Anyway, hopefully both these departures will make the forum more enjoyable for the other members. It's a bit of a shame Franky decided to leave, as I think he had some good points, he just wasn't able to convey them in a proper, courteous manner.

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
gTUBN.gif

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Sorry if I caused a stir by calling Franky out (several times) on the way he chose to communicate his points.
I can respect his POV, can see where he was coming from, but not the way he expressed it or the way he didnt respect those with more nuanced or opposite points. I think it's important to maintain the adult atmosphere that others have created here, whilst not trying to intrude on those others territory (as mods).

I hope people with similar, critical viewpoints to the way FS operate still feel free to express themselves. I can honestly say for myself and others here we are fans, but definitely not apologist fanbois.

In regards to Gail...well she did add character to some of the threads... in a fire-and-forget kind of way.

Last edited:

laughing_lunatic

Jun 6, 2012
haha, in a funny kind of way, I'll miss Gail... she was always a challenge to MY knowledge of the english language as I tried to figure out what the heck she was on about sometimes.... It wasn't even the usual tedious "l33t" speak, it was pure Gail-isms

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
I stayed quiet , but Franky did nothing to convey a tactful interaction with his threads. We want FarSight to consider these forums as a second home for them to seek useful feedback , and even more to get the praise they deserve and to see what the game's fans want next in their Pinball Arcade DLC and patches. Calling everyone suckups , and berating people for not being more critical of what he considered a flawed game , was not the image I want these forums to convey. Im just one guy , but I like having the FarSight guys feel welcome here to keep us up to date , and that guy threatened it with his "trollish posts" . We have a good thing here , let's not alienate the guys making the game these forums are about.

Bowflex

Feb 21, 2012
I've already forgotten this franky person. Gail had the classic intro to every post. It was like Larry Darryl and Darryl. Although I did think Gail was a dude for some reason.

Jun 28, 2012
Franky is gone? I am really sorry about that, he was a clever Guy. I am just spectating but there was a Point in everything he said and he brought more than once a different Light on the whole Story. He was the First who came up with the Two DLC per Month Problem and he was called stupid, now everyone agrees on that Problem and there are many other Things like that. And if you read his Posts, ignoring his unfortunate Tone, he was really a good One. One claimed Franky was not constructive but in Fact he was one of the most constructive People here on Board. I got more out of his Posts than out of the Posts from some People in this Thread. Now the Board becomes boring and Everyone is scratching Everyones back. Real Critism is only towards Microsoft. Franky would have never ever but someone on ignore or ask someone to leave the Board as some of you did.

I play Pinball since i am a little Kid and I really love the Game that is why i am very Happy and Thankfull that FarSight tries to recreate all these Tables but i do not think Pinball is so important in Life that someone who speaks out freely gets dissmissed.

to get the praise they deserve

Franky would have loved that.

Last edited:

George Klepacz

Feb 20, 2012
Pin-Wiz stated a long time ago that the two DLC model wasn't a good one.

As for Franky leaving, it sounds like it was his choice.

Bonzo

May 16, 2012
I, too, think that Franky could have been a valuable part of discussions here. If only he'd have been able to switch off Mr.-Know-It-All-Mode.

Regarding Gail, did you warn her via PM, Gord? I guess you did more than once...

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
We want FarSight to consider these forums as a second home for them to seek useful feedback […] and to see what the game's fans want next in their Pinball Arcade DLC and patches.

This, to me, is the biggest reason to kick the jackasses out swiftly. If this place turns into your average YouTube comments section, the devs will remove it from their bookmarks, and we won't have any more influence on the direction in which this product moves.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Yes, Franky wasn't kicked out, he asked for his account to be deleted. He raised some great points, he just did it in a poor manner.

Gail and I had a number of conversations through PM about how to better conduct herself here so she fit in better.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Pin-Wiz stated a long time ago that the two DLC model wasn't a good one.

As for Franky leaving, it sounds like it was his choice.
I didn't like his suggestion, but at $40,000 per update, it makes a lot more sense, especially since they've already blown so much on failed submissions.

BonzoGonzo

Jun 12, 2012
well farsight didn't just learn out of the blue, they have to pay for patches and stuff on xbla - they knew this all along and agreed to those terms... regarding to 2 tables per month... i don't know, at least farsight thought it is/was viable... i personaly thought the tempo of 2 new tables each month is a bit of an overkill... still do actually

Brandon Debes

Mar 29, 2012
I'm sure their rationale behind that release schedule is retaining mindshare among their more casual fans (not us). If somebody (who isn't quite excited enough about this product to post on a forum dedicated exclusively to it) has to wait more than a month between updates to a game, they may forget about it, uninstall it, etc.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Thank you for letting me know what kind of ice I'm skating on. I can get out of hand at times. :)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
This reminds me of a character called shockman or shocky down at the vp forums, totally original guy but could get into personal shouting fights I haven't seen the like of since....got banned offcourse, but lead to some nice discussions about how tolerant people are towards each other on internet forums, especially when dealing with people with clear autistic or narcissistic disorders. Anyway, not to question anything about aforementioned instances, just interesting to see that these issues are clearly universal on internet forums,
Slam23

Dutch Pinball ball

May 5, 2012
On internet you miss the very important aspect of communicating: expression of your face, and the tone how you tell things.

Plus, look at internet as a pub. In real world, rockers go to rockpubs, techno likers go to dance partys, other people like quiet bars, etc etc.

But on the internet there is only one bar. So all the different people, with different backgrounds and social skills are put to together. Often the just dont understan each other.

And they often use other words. On a football forum you can tell ''Hahah! You lucky basterd!!''.

But on a fly fish forum (just example) some people dont like that kind of language.

But i think we can wright books about community behaviour on internet forums. If i can give you 1 advise: its nice to discuss, but dont get ever in an argument with someone you dont know and probably never will meet. Just exchange arguments.

Cause i learned on the net that lots of people never heard of : ''agree to disagree''. And some of them are not having a discussion because they like to talk about the subject and get informed, but they just want to be right, no mather what.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I used to be like that. Whenever I saw someone was "wrong" on the internet, I felt like it was my civic duty to tell them that they were, and let the whole world know that. Then I realized, a) it wasn't my job, b) nobody gave a flying $&@!. Now I just go on about my business.

And b$&@ about the gap between the MM flippers!

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's the anonymous nature of the internet that empowers people to say things they wouldn't in real life. One of the reasons I post using my real name on forums is so I'm accountable for what I say. I'm waaaay less likely to tell someone where to go because of it. Of course the opposite is true; many people would never want to use their real names because they wouldn't want to be held accountable for what they have to say.

I'd have Franky back on the forum if he wanted to return, he'd just have to find different words to use to express himself.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.