Request A new way to deal with leaderboard hackers.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
instead of removing their scores, flag their score as cheated.

so the leader boards would say something like

Cheater: (cheaters score and name)
1) first place legit score and username
Cheater

you get the idea.

Or shoe the cheated scores at the bottom, regardless of score. in fact if a score is clearly cheated, flag the farsight account as a cheater and force ALL their scores to the bottom of the leaderboards. that's a better idea. If they keep making new accounts, well, FS gets more money. :) Oh and of course reject submissions from unowned tables. if they wanna keep cheating they have to rebuy the tables.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
well cheating has and always will happen even if your playing chess or backgammon heh

i woukdnt really obess or even give them a second thought aside from cleaning up the glaringly obvious ones.

id imagine to most the likes of tarek or erik seem like cheaters.

best thing to do is keep it to a friends list or submit the score to the forum for peer review.

other than that were fighting the tide and barking at the moon

(side not jeff minters gridrunner recentky went free and theres a score in the 100billion and 1 trillion range, people are just very sad)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Yeah the cheat scores are so obvious they scream cheat. Like 123456789 type scores or impossibly high scores. The best is to let them be, if they keep on getting removed, eventually the cheat scores will be of the more difficult type to single out. I say just ignore them.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Yeah the cheat scores are so obvious they scream cheat. Like 123456789 type scores or impossibly high scores. The best is to let them be, if they keep on getting removed, eventually the cheat scores will be of the more difficult type to single out. I say just ignore them.

The issue really is that the smart cheaters have scores that look legit. A lot of the ones removed recently were like that. People who just want to yell they're hackers will have scores in the trillions on a max 1M table or whatever, but the insidious ones are the ones you can't spot without the resources farsight has.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Just remove them. Being at the top of the board, even with a cheater flag, gives them the attention they want.

Flipperdeflip

Feb 17, 2015
If they keep making new accounts, well, FS gets more money. :) Oh and of course reject submissions from unowned tables. if they wanna keep cheating they have to rebuy the tables.

The FarSight accounts are free and the tables you buy aren't locked to that account. So there is no need to rebuy tables when creating a new account.

The issue really is that the smart cheaters have scores that look legit. A lot of the ones removed recently were like that.

LAW has stated that the accounts he removed were many of the obviously cheated top 20 scores and also known duplicate accounts. It's these duplicate accounts that had the legit looking scores.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just remove them. Being at the top of the board, even with a cheater flag, gives them the attention they want.

This. Removing them silently and with zero fanfare (just posting a dump of removed scores so legit scores that were removed can be argued) is the right way to do it.

Mark Miwurdz

Apr 7, 2012
I accidently set some scores on my US account Mark_Miwurdz_US. It even made invitros leaderboard. Ideally, I'd like them removed.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts