A VERY dangerous thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Mann

FarSight Employee
Nov 7, 2012
Ok guys. I know this is a MASSIVE can of worms that will lead to the collapse of the internet, but for the sake of the company I must face this head-on and ask:

What are your Top 5 complaints/product requests that you would like to see?

Some rules and things to keep in mind:
This is NOT for table requests for future releases
This is NOT for console requests for future releases
This is NOT for anything out of the realm of our control, i.e. the 360 situation
This is NOT for kickstarter or anything related to that process

This is me trying to get a broader scope of things in terms of what the community wishes to see fixed in some sort of priority
Some examples I have heard:
A delete tables button
A reset password button
A update all tables button
A favorite tables filter/button
A working front/forward nudge

PLEASE do not spam this. This is a serious effort to cultivate our general progress and see the Big Issues that need addressing.
PLEASE keep your posts short and sweet, providing just enough detail or evidence to get your point across.

YOU are the community. So, let's hear it.

P.S. Please do not PM me about this thread. I will be reading it very thoroughly and carefully over the course of the next while. Thank you for your participation.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I would say the light/dark slider is what I want implemented the most.

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
Thank you Mr. Mann for this opportunity : from my corner the game overall in consideration , nothing console specific .

[general]
I would like FarSight to enhance the ball noises into something closer to reality . One only has to listen to any real pinball video to realise the lack of bass in the current game VS real tables .
The ball should sound like a heavy rolling noise over a hollow box of polished wood , not the muffled sound it currently is. Almost like a small bowling alley.
[general]

The lighting also needs more polish , there is a dramatic effect when lights go out and attraction modes beginning , and flashers are sometimes so bright it should illuminate the playfield like a lightning strike , perhaps the newer update will solve this .
Pin Wiz
) Enhance visuals and lighting which includes replacing low res textures with high res textures, implementing G.I lighting that is controlled by the ROM and improving flasher effects to illuminate near by objects and the surrounding playfield.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
For iOS,

An option to switch which side activates which nudge direction.
A nudge UP ability.
User placeable buttons, ie. the launch buttons and magna-save buttons.
If not user placeable, then just move the ST:TNG launch button to the bottom center.

ZForceFFC

Jun 7, 2012
I'd like to see a light/dark option as well (This is specifically referring to the PS3 version)

tripleplonq

Dec 3, 2012
For iOS:

1. Shake/nudge sensitivity/config menu. (device sensor sensitivity, not tilt threshold, of course)
2. iCade/input device configuration menu.

Lord Boron

Apr 18, 2012
In addition to the ios nudge options already mentioned I would like to see a user adjustable view angle or at least a top down view (cabinet view) for iOS.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Touch regions.

These would be used to configure where you tough to use the flippers, or nudge. Right now nudging on an iPad is nearly impossible because of where it's located.

brakel

Apr 27, 2012
For the ps3:

1) Fix the bug when two people make the high score list in one game, the game locks up after the first player enters his initials requiring a force close of the game.

2) Add multiple controller support for multi-player games.

TripleT

Sep 23, 2012
Configurable button placement for Star Trek.

Configurable nudging region on tablets, with a fine line optionally displayed showing where flipping ends and nudging begins.

Recently played table filter. So least favorite tables drop to the bottom.

Crush3d_Turtle

May 15, 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to make this thread. The PS Vita version of the game is in a pretty sad state especially considering the number of bugs and other problems that have been compiled in this topic. Personally, I don't think that the current version of the game takes advantage of the capabilities of the system. For instance, the portrait mode seems to be rather poorly implemented by forcing touch screen controls when there are physical buttons as well as only allowing nudging through the back touch-pad which simply does not work.

As far as being interested in additional features, I would love to see TPA take advantage of the connectivity capabilities between the PS Vita and the PS3. Also, I would love to see extra features like statistics tracking for each table including information such as total playtime, number of games played, total monetary value of play based on price of a game at the time of release, track scores over time, etc.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Please move the launch button on STTNG to the top or bottom.

Can you also make it so that turning off family mode does not disqualify you from leader boards and goals.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Make the tunnel to the Rudy Shot in FH transparent, like it is in the consoles.
Fix the arcing right orbit issue in AFM

Give us a portrait mode on the consoles.

NO MORE FAMILY MODE! It's got a "T" rating anyway. Having it as the "standard" table default so people will buy the "Pro" version to change it isn't smart business, it's being an a******.

Better communication - if a bug or other issue is heavily reported and isn't being fixed, we'd like some information as to what steps are being done, or if it can't be fixed, or isn't being worked on, why.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Thanks for looking to the community for our thoughts and concerns
1) A big table specific fix for Black Knight (PS3 version). That is a mess from a art standpoint. the green areas are pretty much all black and the black smudges. Some scripting things like both balls releasing at the same time on two ball multi, upper plastic blocking the top left flipper, top left flipper angle, balls disappearing from the lower field and appearing on the top. Just needs work...I would be quite happy just to hear it's being worked on. The overall silence has been quite a burn. :(
2) On bride it seems like on multiplayer games when someone has the head on a different stage than the others it'll zoom in between turns to switch and it pretty much breaks the camera for that players turn.
3)I would love to see the day/night slider.
4)Not sure the new UI you have planned but I would very much like a grid based table selection. Rip off Zen 2 if you must ;) ... please copy them!
5) The "Hall of Fame" leaderboards on the consoles

Last edited:

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
Here's my one request:

Please, please, please dedicate some additional resource to acknowledging and fixing gameplay issues / bugs on released tables that have been identified and reported by the community. It's the extremely frustrating last 2% for a game that is 98% fantastic.

As one example: Medieval Madness, iOS: troll bombs, when acquired, are incorrectly used up when either flipper is used, i.e. almost immediately. This negatively affects one of the key goals of the game (Battle for the Kingdom). It was reported by me, and several others, months and months ago, using the correct bug reporting channels, and continues to be mentioned regularly in the forums. But sadly, it is still not fixed, or even (to my knowledge) acknowledged / provided with a status update.

An external-facing bug tracking system for dedicated community members to report bugs would be ideal, but perhaps too exposed and open to abuse. ("Why isn't blah blah bug fixed?") Alternatively, it would be great to have more detailed bug fix lists with every app update, rather than have to play your favourite table after an update to see if a bug has been fixed. Also (or alternatively), consider a regular forum post here of known gameplay bugs and their status for resolution.

Thank you for making TPA: it's given me an extremely wonderful nostalgia trip and continues to be one of the few games I play.

atlantis1982

Nov 23, 2012
Since tournaments are now only for paid customers (depending on table); how about earning goals during tournament play?

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
In order from most wanted to least.

1. Lighting slider
2. Ambient arcade sounds w/ volume slider
3. Favorite tables filter/button
4. Working front/forward nudge
5. Update all tables button (could be useful on iOS)

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Three things

1) Push the consoles as hard as they can go with more dynamic lighting while still keeping the fps smooth. Meaning, night mode should be like real life dark room gameplay with GI that goes out when the table calls for it.

2) Realistic mechanical sounds. The recent PS3 update brought us some sweet sounding pop bumpers. Now for the slingshots and flippers.

3) Turn those extra balls off in the tournaments. Like PAPA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online