Americans are stupid. Why?

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
http://www.irishcentral.com/story/r...t-realize-the-titanic-was-real-146966725.html

http://commonsenseconspiracy.com/20...aive-comments-of-americas-youth-just-a-movie/

I was born in America, I live in America, and I will die in America. I'm glad I live in this country as opposed to some of the less developed countries out there. That being said... what the hell, man?!?! How are my countrymen and women this incredibly stupid? How can it be fixed? Can it be fixed at all?

My wife and I aren't having kids for exactly this reason. We're buying dogs. We don't have to make dogs go to schools filled with idiots like this.

Last edited:

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Unfortunately you'll find ignorant people all over the place. I'm sure you'd find some people that are shocked pinball tables actual exist as well ;)

N

Nik Barbour

It's no different here in the UK.
So many people who think they can stumble through life without learning a thing, and that the state will provide and give them every thing for free.
Sad thing is, the state does in increasing numbers every years, mainly because the one thing these idiots do is breed like rabbits.

RKade8583

Apr 5, 2012
That's why I'm a minarchist. The less the state does, the more we the people have to do. I may not be able to do much but, were the country my way, I'd be able to do SOMETHING instead of being a "liability" due to my "various severe lifelong physical disabilities".

On a related note, f*** the ADA.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Here in Canada we have those who feed off the state and those who work to provide it.

2 and a half months a year i work to pay the government.

Jay

May 19, 2012
That's why I became a teacher. Hopefully I can open eyes and minds. But it's an uphill battle. I think a big part of the problem is media saturation; many of the students I see are either too trusting of media or too cynical. And the US K-12 system is not about creating independent thinkers; it's about training kids to regurgitate information.

But maybe a bigger reason for the Titanic ignorance is that there's never been a pinball game made about the Titanic. I'm sure that would have straightened out all of the misunderstandings.

Matt McIrvin

Jun 5, 2012
I was born in America, I live in America, and I will die in America. I'm glad I live in this country as opposed to some of the less developed countries out there. That being said... what the hell, man?!?! How are my countrymen and women this incredibly stupid?

We played too much Gorgar and took him as a role model.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.