Bug Android 4.2.2 T7-QC AudioSonic Lights, Camera, Action Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Jun 9, 2014
G'day. Not sure where this fits in. But I upgraded to a quad core at KMart (Australia) which is a 4.2.2 T7-QC AudioSonic. All was going okay, until I tried to install Lights, Camera, Action. It tried to download (after the update) but failed. In a older version of this tablet, I had to uninstall and reinstall to fix it, but don't want to this time as everything else is going well and doing so would cancel any scores I have. Any chance on another update to fix this.

Also noticed bugs on 4 player games of Black Knight and Tee'd Off. Neither will go through to the end of the game to place a high score - Tee'd Off freezing on Ball 3 Player 2 every time.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
G'day. Not sure where this fits in. But I upgraded to a quad core at KMart (Australia) which is a 4.2.2 T7-QC AudioSonic. All was going okay, until I tried to install Lights, Camera, Action. It tried to download (after the update) but failed. In a older version of this tablet, I had to uninstall and reinstall to fix it, but don't want to this time as everything else is going well and doing so would cancel any scores I have. Any chance on another update to fix this.

Also noticed bugs on 4 player games of Black Knight and Tee'd Off. Neither will go through to the end of the game to place a high score - Tee'd Off freezing on Ball 3 Player 2 every time.
G'day Paul (from a Brisbanite)

Sounds like you have got a corrupted table download somehow (it happens).

To fix the issue, go to the main menu > Options > Manage Tables.

Find LCA in the list of tables and delete the table.

What this does is deletes the table file and any junk files.

Now try to repeat the process of downloading LCA.

sdcard/Android/data/com.farsight.androidpinball.javaProject/data also holds this data, and you can delete the files directly from this file location.

Paul

Jun 9, 2014
Ok. Thanks. Never knew you could do that. So I'll keep trying till I get it.
Do I do the same with these then...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Ok. Thanks. Never knew you could do that. So I'll keep trying till I get it.
Do I do the same with these then...
Not sure about those. Will have to play them later and see if I can replicate the issue. At work at the moment.

So to clarify, the game ends. You are certain you have a high score to enter, but are never presented with the initials entry interface.

Or does the game hang at the end of the last ball of the fourth player?

Paul

Jun 9, 2014
Both Black Knight and Tee'd Off won't let me place a high score. I always play 4 player, but has happened on 2. BK gets to player 4 ball 3 and the 3&4 double up. If you quit and go back, still frozen. You have to go back to the tables and select from start to refresh it. Tee'd Off is always Player 3 Ball 3 and is frozen until you switch off the tablet (frozen as in music keeps going, gopher says "Shoot the ball" but you can't do the action). I have tried un-installing table and re-installing without success.

And thanks for the quick and local reply. I was worried I was in the wrong section or that I would be ignored (being Australian). The trick with un-installing and re-installibng Lights, Camera, Action worked on the 2nd go - but had to hold tablet as close to the modem as possible to finally do it.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Both Black Knight and Tee'd Off won't let me place a high score. I always play 4 player, but has happened on 2. BK gets to player 4 ball 3 and the 3&4 double up. If you quit and go back, still frozen. You have to go back to the tables and select from start to refresh it. Tee'd Off is always Player 3 Ball 3 and is frozen until you switch off the tablet (frozen as in music keeps going, gopher says "Shoot the ball" but you can't do the action). I have tried un-installing table and re-installing without success.

And thanks for the quick and local reply. I was worried I was in the wrong section or that I would be ignored (being Australian). The trick with un-installing and re-installibng Lights, Camera, Action worked on the 2nd go - but had to hold tablet as close to the modem as possible to finally do it.
I'd try clearing the other table files (BK and TO) as well. It could solve the issue.

I am aware early Gottlieb creations (TO) and scripted tables such as BK did have some issues with tracking multi player games.

I'll have a go now.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012

I just tested Teed Off

I use a PS3 controller and SixAxis to play TPA.

I got a high score on player 1 and entered my score without issue using the touch screen.

I then continued to play player's 2 to 4. I couldn't tilt with the analog stick, and I couldn't tap pause, or activate it using triangle button. I could only flip with the controller.

There is definitely something going on with this table. Might be worth trying out other Gottlieb tables as well.

N

netizen

Isn't this an issue that was present previously on TO. I remember this multiplayer problem where first player to finish with a highscore effectively ends it happening during the beta.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Isn't this an issue that was present previously on TO. I remember this multiplayer problem where first player to finish with a highscore effectively ends it happening during the beta.
I wasn't sure. Was hoping someone else would chime in. 😉

Paul

Jun 9, 2014
I'm not a tablet expert like some, so I do get a bit lost in the conversation. But can tell you high score or not, the same thing happens as listed above - but only during multi-player and only on those two games. Can this be fixed or updated and/or do we have to inform someone in charge of this error? I'm sorta new here and get a bit lost as to which section to go to. Heck - I don't even know what a Beta is,,,

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I'm not a tablet expert like some, so I do get a bit lost in the conversation. But can tell you high score or not, the same thing happens as listed above - but only during multi-player and only on those two games. Can this be fixed or updated and/or do we have to inform someone in charge of this error? I'm sorta new here and get a bit lost as to which section to go to. Heck - I don't even know what a Beta is,,,
Well, netizen suggests it's a known issue in previous beta builds we've tested here, so I would imagine it is in the bug tracking database.

If you want the issue pushed up the priority list a bit, I would email support@pinballarcade.com and report the issue formally. That way, your voice is added to the bug and gives the dev team a better indication about how it is affecting users.

As a workaround until they fix it, play a single player game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts