android + iOS + PS3 leaderboards

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
so I only just realised that the mobile leaderboards also included PS3 scores!!! :eek:

A question for FarSight, can you provide some stats across a selection of the most popular tables, showing what percentage of the top 100 scores are for Android / iOS and PS3.

I've love to see what the split is...................... i.e are the higher scores coming from devices with a controller and proper nudging or not.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
What I've noticed (viewing only from the PS3 end of things) is it seems the mobiles tend to hold the top scores. My theory on why though is that often there are bugs that can be exploited for insane scores, but by the time the table comes to the PS3, those bugs have been corrected. One of the reasons I wish FS would reset the leaderboards every now and then, to level the playing field.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
From trying demos on a iphone I can tell its easier, the outlanes aren't as brutal and the top of the slingshots aren't made of ice. I wish they were separated.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
From what I gathered the consoles were much easier due to precision of nudging. SKILL_SHOT you're the first person I've heard say mobile is easier.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I think he's just observing the leaderboards. It varies from table to table whether mobile or console scores dominate the top of the list, but more often its the mobile scores.

inspector42

May 27, 2012
Very interesting. I had no idea. I've never played on consoles. Are there physics differences? Physical table differences?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Yeah - must say I was expecting the mobile scores to be lower based on the lack of nudging. If the mobile scores are indeed higher - that suggests physics differences between console and mobile.

Would love someone from FarSight to offer up some stats and their opinion on which platform is easier for achieving high scores.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Supposedly BOP on mobile doesn't cap the billion shot....Im #1 console score 4th overall 3 mobiles above me. I watched a video of a mobile game and instantly noticed how forgivable mobiles are. I wouldn't be suprised if it was easier because lack of proper nudges and smaller screen.

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
Interesting thread. Given the number of times I've drained on my iPod touch because of game lag (why do email notifications only come in when the ball is rolling down an inlane?) / nudge touch not registering / finger missing flipper /etc, I assumed (maybe wrongly) that console players had the better deal.

Dont Troll Me

Apr 29, 2012
i am starting to wounder if "cheat engine" works on mobile and tablets if so then there is a lot of cheaters out there :mad:

EDIT:
this is vary bad i looked around and it is in fact being used on mobile and there is something like it on tablets but not as powerful, the fact that mobile has the most suspicious scores and not so much on tablets is vary vary bad.

to cheaters: your minor skill with cheating programs and save edits does not make you skilled or a bada** player just a loser nothing more.

Last edited:

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
For me personally I play much better on the console with the controller and struggle with the touch-screen. However I could see the Android devices possibly being easier if using a controller app, the physics do seem a little toned-down somehow. That could be just perception on the smaller screen though.. and maybe the higher mobile scores are just coming from cheaters - idk.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
The top mobile scores are hacked to high hell. We need separate leader boards or as ER777 said, a platform filter option. Also OSX scores are included in the leader boards as well. I don't see why 360 has the separate leader boards and others don't. Then again it could be a Microsoft thing.

ER777

Sep 8, 2012
I should point out that my earlier post about the leaderboards was from memory and was either incorrect or outdated.

Right now I'm looking at them on the PS3 and there are only a handful of tables left where the mobile scores dominate the top 10 spots. Most of the top spots have been toppled by console scores. I guess if scroll through the whole top 100 there are still a good percentage of mobile scores in there though. A couple of the tables (RBIoN and BH) do have lots of mobile scores at the top of the list that seem very questionable.

I think some of the non-mobile scores are actually coming from the PS Vita too though, which may not play quite the same as the PS3.

Having a separate leaderboard like the 360 does is sounding pretty good right now..

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts