Android Screen Recorder, for un-rooted LP5.0.X+

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Got to give this a shout out...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free

It's a HD screen recorder, free, with no water marks or time limits which works on un-rooted droids running LP5.0.X upwards.
Tested it myself with various Pinball apps and it records lag free in HD giving 60fps playback.
Even has audio overdub for commentary and can show screen presses.
Works amazingly well.

You have the option to punt a little the devs way by going pro, which adds an editor and other functions for £2.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Got to give this a shout out...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free

It's a HD screen recorder, free, with no water marks or time limits which works on un-rooted droids running LP5.0.X upwards.
Tested it myself with various Pinball apps and it records lag free in HD giving 60fps playback.
Even has audio overdub for commentary and can show screen presses.
Works amazingly well.

You have the option to punt a little the devs way by going pro, which adds an editor and other functions for £2.
Any idea if they're considering adding Twitch support?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This sounds very much like SCR, which was pulled from Google Play. The difference is that this app works without root.

Nice find, Baron!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Just realized this will only work on my phone and not on my tablet. C'mon Samsung how long does it take for you to pollute Lollipop with TouchWiz?

[Edit] Meh, some searching tells me Samsung aren't planning to push Lollipop to the Galaxy Tab 3. I'd have to do it myself, and I'd rather not take the risk....

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Just realized this will only work on my phone and not on my tablet. C'mon Samsung how long does it take for you to pollute Lollipop with TouchWiz?

[Edit] Meh, some searching tells me Samsung aren't planning to push Lollipop to the Galaxy Tab 3. I'd have to do it myself, and I'd rather not take the risk....
Flashing compatible ROMs is pretty foolproof these days.

If screen recording is important to you, it's worth doing. Along with getting rid of Sammy bloat.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Flashing compatible ROMs is pretty foolproof these days.

If screen recording is important to you, it's worth doing. Along with getting rid of Sammy bloat.

Getting rid of Samsung bloat is probably worthwhile, as well as investing $40 in a 64Gb Micro SD. Recording isn't really that big of a deal though.

I'm still nervous about doing an upgrade like that :D

Which is strange since I have no qualms about re-installing or upgrading Windows (that's my fun summer project, since I'll need a new SSD for Windows 10), and installing software is something I do all the time at work....

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Getting rid of Samsung bloat is probably worthwhile, as well as investing $40 in a 64Gb Micro SD. Recording isn't really that big of a deal though.

I'm still nervous about doing an upgrade like that :D

Which is strange since I have no qualms about re-installing or upgrading Windows (that's my fun summer project, since I'll need a new SSD for Windows 10), and installing software is something I do all the time at work....
Just read the instructions, then read them again. Then follow them carefully.

Someone with your technical ability should do just fine. And the XDA community and google is great for solving any issues you run into.

Flashing Android OS variants on devices used to be really mystical and fraught with issues. But there are whole ecosystems of apps and toolchains that make the process almost as easy as running a windows installer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts