[ANDROID] Zaccaria Pinball update v1.03

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
We are about to send a new update to Google Play, here is the change list:

ADDED a new graphics feature, LIGHTMAP REFRESH RATE. The lower setting makes faster performance on slower devices.

ADDED support of iCade, USB contollers (tested with PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360 controllers) and keyboards.

ADDED support of immersive mode.

ADDED renewed light effects for LOCOMOTION, PINBALL CHAMP, FARFALLA and ROBOT.

FIXED broken hole on CIRCUS.

FIXED ramp issue on DEVIL RIDERS.

FIXED 3rd flipper issue on SOCCER KINGS.

ADDED missing coin sound for some tables.

FIXED music issue in Game Time Bonus on SPOOKY.

REMOVED in-app restore button (because it's an automatic function).

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
We are about to send a new update to Google Play, here is the change list:

ADDED a new graphics feature, LIGHTMAP REFRESH RATE. The lower setting makes faster performance on slower devices.

ADDED support of iCade, USB contollers (tested with PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360 controllers) and keyboards.

ADDED support of immersive mode.

ADDED renewed light effects for LOCOMOTION, PINBALL CHAMP, FARFALLA and ROBOT.

FIXED broken hole on CIRCUS.

FIXED ramp issue on DEVIL RIDERS.

ADDED missing coin sound for some tables.

FIXED music issue in Game Time Bonus on SPOOKY.

REMOVED in-app restore button (because it's an automatic function).
Wow - do the Bluetooth controllers give analogue nudging?

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
Wow - do the Bluetooth controllers give analogue nudging?
Only 4 ways digital nudging with fixed force is.
Anyway we haven't tested Bluetooth controllers because we have USB ones. Hope it will work with them too.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Not sure if I'm imagining this, but has anyone had occasional issues with swipe nudging?

Not consistently, but occasionally I swipe nudge and get the reverse effect of the expected nudge effect. Most times it works as expected, but say one in ten gives a reversed output.

Example (just to clarify). Put thumb on screen and hold left flipper up, then swipe thumb towards the right, which should be like nudging the left side of a real table, ie shoving a real table from the left should steer a descending ball leftwards, but... occasionally I think I get the reverse direction to what I expected.

Anyone else had this, or is it just my clumsy thumbs on a 5" phone?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Anyway we haven't tested Bluetooth controllers because we have USB ones. Hope it will work with them too.
I'll post back here and let you know straight after work.

Thanks again Zsolt!

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
It does work with any Bluetooth controllers connected as 'Native Controllers'. Tested with Moga Pro, and Ps3 Dualshock via Sixaxis. :)

There is definitely something not quite right with nudging though.
Just occasionally, but nudge controller stick to the right, the table visually moves from left to right, ball should steer left on table, but occasionally it goes the opposite direction.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
got to hand it to you guys!! WELL DONE! AWESOME.

Plugged in my Xbox wireless controller via OTG cable and was up and running / controlling the table within 2 minutes!! How long have we been waiting for this in TPA!! So so simple when the implementation is like this.

just brilliant.

btw: Magic Castle - the plunger does not have enough power to get ball onto table.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
2 questions :
1) which table has a multiball? (to reach the Google goal/ I haven't see this one)
2) If the ball served on the plunger, the screen "tick" /jump. Also if the ball kick into the game, on some table the cam jump to the wall glad. Seen mostly with Cam2. Are this issues somewhere on the list?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
The good :)

Firstly many thanks zsolt for the quick controller support. Tested with keyboard and Xbox controller and they work great. My icade won't work but that is only because Google broke the Bluetooth support a few os versions back.

The bad:(
One problem with the new build is some tables have lost the gorgeous dark mode (it is there but it is too bright). It is really noticeable as that is what made the game look so good.

Luckily I posted a screenshot in the initial thoughts thread so have something to compare.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ase-Discussion?p=193594&viewfull=1#post193594

I haven't changed any light settings - they are the defaults.

Last version v1.02:
screenshot_2015-02-23-19-14-44.png

V1.03:
screenshot_2015-02-24-20-36-13.png

Other tables are also impacted - eg Pinball Champ, Robot, Faralla, Locomotion

Anyone else notice this who uses dark mode?

Last edited:

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
in this version, at the start of every new loaded table the hint of time bonus ball is visible and must be kick away via OK. After that, also the hint of bonus time ball is written at the button.
Is there a possibility to disable the text at every start of a new loaded table?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
in this version, at the start of every new loaded table the hint of time bonus ball is visible and must be kick away via OK. After that, also the hint of bonus time ball is written at the button.
Is there a possibility to disable the text at every start of a new loaded table?

I found this useful - explained why flippers stopped working on last ball for me :). Thought it was a bug at first

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012
Thanks for the update Zsolt, but as others have stated, I also prefer the previous lighting effects when using dark mode. They were all fine the way they were and no change was needed.

Affected tables : Locomotion, Pinball Champ, Farfalla, Blackbelt and Robot.

Please restore the dark mode lighting on these tables to match all of the other beautifully lit tables.

Last edited:

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
The good :)

Firstly many thanks zsolt for the quick controller support. Tested with keyboard and Xbox controller and they work great. My icade won't work but that is only because Google broke the Bluetooth support a few os versions back.

The bad:(
One problem with the new build is some tables have lost the gorgeous dark mode (it is there but it is too bright). It is really noticeable as that is what made the game look so good.

Luckily I posted a screenshot in the initial thoughts thread so have something to compare.

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...ase-Discussion?p=193594&viewfull=1#post193594

I haven't changed any light settings - they are the defaults.

Last version v1.02:
screenshot_2015-02-23-19-14-44.png

V1.03:
screenshot_2015-02-24-20-36-13.png

Other tables are also impacted - eg Pinball Champ, Robot, Faralla, Locomotion

Anyone else notice this who uses dark mode?
Fine tuned dark mode, what do you think?

se99ic.jpg

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013

Looks awesome!

Re nudging
Would it be possible to add an menu option that would invert (or reverse) the current nudge behaviour?

The nudge input directions are backwards to the way my reflexes want to put them in.

Thanks again.

PiN WiZ

Mod & Forum Superstar
Staff member
Feb 22, 2012

That looks much better. Now you're going to have to do all of the tables that way... ;)

Is there a reason why the slingshot plastics are no longer lit?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts