Any chance season 1 price goes down?

Guitarpik

Nov 3, 2012
I was just wondering if you guys think there is any chance that the season 1 pack will be reduced in price when season 3 comes out.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Season 1 is fairly reasonably priced if you ask me.

Season 2, now that's where I'm hoping for a price drop. You get fewer tables than Season 1, yet it costs more. I already have it, so I can't complain, but I find it hard to recommend Season 2 to my friends because the value of 1 is so much better.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Wait for steam sales to make quick work of the prices, then get them when they arise, provided you're getting the PC version.

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
Wait for steam sales to make quick work of the prices, then get them when they arise, provided you're getting the PC version.

Steam sales only happen if Farsight wants them to happen, so it's not a given at all. I would be somewhat surprised if the season packs didn't go on sale eventually, but still.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
There's a limit on how far down Season Pack 1 could go. There are quite a few licensed tables in there, not only the Kickstarter tables Twilight Zone and ST:TNG, but also smaller licenses like the two Elvira tables, RBION, Creature, Monster Bash, etc. Then add the licenses for the four manufacturers.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's down to $30/$40 already. There were 18 tables in Season 1. That's $1.67 a table or $2.22 a table, depending on whether you go Pro or not. In other words, really bloody cheap. (They are probably losing money on TZ and ST:TNG at this price, actually, but only FS would know for sure.)

JPelter

Jun 11, 2012
There's a limit on how far down Season Pack 1 could go. There are quite a few licensed tables in there, not only the Kickstarter tables Twilight Zone and ST:TNG, but also smaller licenses like the two Elvira tables, RBION, Creature, Monster Bash, etc. Then add the licenses for the four manufacturers.

To be honest, I'm surprised it's down to $30/$40 already. There were 18 tables in Season 1. That's $1.67 a table or $2.22 a table, depending on whether you go Pro or not. In other words, really bloody cheap. (They are probably losing money on TZ and ST:TNG at this price, actually, but only FS would know for sure.)

I don't see how, unless there were more stipulations to the licenses than the flat fee we paid for with kickstarter?

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I don't see how, unless there were more stipulations to the licenses than the flat fee we paid for with kickstarter?
The kickstarters only covered the upfront cost to get CBS to agree to the deal. There are per-unit royalties as well.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
Practically all the tables have per-unit royalties - the original Williams/Bally/Sterns the royalties go to them, while licensed tables part goes to the manufacturer and the licensor.

Ones like STTNG and TZ are especially pricey because they're considered "premium" licenses. Others like RBION are much cheaper.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012

Season 1 includes the launch tables as well, so it's really 22.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I was just wondering if you guys think there is any chance that the season 1 pack will be reduced in price when season 3 comes out.

It's unlikely for the reasons already stated. Season One already has a discount applied. So you are getting the tables for a bargain at the price they are now.

I've hoping for some Google Play Gift Cards for Christmas for my Season 3 Purchase. Can't wait to figuratively throw my money at my tablet screen. \o/

Members online

Members online