Arcooda announced their pricing!

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Just a heads up and we'll go more into this when we record our next podcast with special guest Gregg, who does Spacies Arcade videos, but I got word from Arcooda and want to make this perfectly clear:

If you want the full Arcooda cabinet experience, you'll need to either buy the cabinet before the 30th (where it comes with the stand alone version) or at the very least purchase the $500 Arcooda Pinball Arcade for your later Arcooda cabinet purchase. Owning the Steam unlock key WILL NOT give you access to full cabinet function if you purchase cab later. You cannot transfer your key into the stand alone version, as each pack is a separate license that Arcooda pays FarSight for.

I wanted to make sure everyone realizes this before the 30th, as by the time we record that podcast it will be too late.

Caution: From what I have seen on Facebook, and also from an email I received from Arcooda, I am not sure that the "you'll need to either buy the cabinet before the 30th (where it comes with the stand alone version" is enough. I may be wrong (and I hope for everyone's sake that I am wrong), but my understanding is that even if you buy a cabinet now that you must also purchase the $499usd software before June 30th to get the "Arcooda Pinball Arcade Cabinet Version" of the software in that cabinet. Here is my evidence for that:

1) In an email I had received from Arcooda about the cabinet purchase it said, "If you would like to order, please firstly order the software before the 30th June, and also use the www.arcoodapinball.com website to list what you would like to order and any special requirements.".

2) On Facebook, Arcooda wrote, "the purchase of the $499usd will be credited to any Arcooda Pinball cabinet purchase (as long as you order an Arcooda Pinball before June 30th 2019). No need to pay $1500usd to get this deal. You MUST purchase the software however before 30th June 2018as the license expires. "

In my case, I am turned off about the International Wire Transfer aspect for the delay reason that zdjh22 wrote in their post above at http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...their-pricing!?p=274178&viewfull=1#post274178 , and also for other reasons. Because of my concerns about the International Wiring, last night I wrote back to Arcooda suggesting they take payments for the cabinet online, like they are doing for Software purchases.

In addition, in my own personal case, I have some logistic considerations of getting an Arcooda Cabinet into a room after its shipped to my home. At this point, I may just go back to my original Plan A, which is to actually build my own cabinet that has been in the planning stages for a long time. Then I can do the final assembly in the room its going into. I will probably buy the Arcooda Steam key at $149, and use the great NOEX Mod for the other tables. (I already own all the TPA tables.)

Last edited:

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
I realize and empathize that Arcooda got the rug pulled out from under them, and in some ways they are doing a great job of answering a million e-mails a day while also trying to salvage a project and market a quality product.

But they did not need to make everything exponentially more confusing and frustrating for everyone at the last minute with convoluted purchase instructions.

Three hours ago I was extremely happy as a prospective Arcooda cabinet owner and ready to place my order for the Ultra. Now I realize I have to absorb a $50 fine (excuse me, "fee") from my bank for the $3 expense of wiring money to China. But wait, No: Is the right plan to buy the $500 software today via credit card, then be credited that $500 tomorrow upon ordering of the cabinet since there is "No need to pay $1500usd to get this deal." I have no idea.

This wire transfer garbage must be about non-refundability, and I understand Arcooda needs that assurance. But come on guys, it's too late to make payment, enticements, and alternate payment universes this Magellanesque. Just take my $1,500 via credit card, as a deposit for the machine with TPA and Timeshock, and make it clear that this deposit is non-refundable.

If I am misunderstanding and making too big a deal out of this, someone please straighten me out. This thing about pre-buying the software (or not! sideways smiley face) seems like a broom with a dustpan affixed to the other end of the handle.

Last edited:

Re-Animator

Aug 13, 2012
For some reason my credit card payment was not accepted which sucks.
I just read that a bank transfer from the netherlands to china can take 5 work days...
So this will be too late.

Mookmonster

Dec 21, 2013
Aloha!

I have contacted arcooda, and have not had a reply yet, so I am really curious if someone here can give me an answer.

I have already purchased the $500 arcooda pinball arcade software package. I had been in contact with arcooda, and this seemed the best way to reserve a table. However, I am a little unclear about pre-ordering the actual arcooda pinball table and how to get the reduced shipping. If I ordered the software, does that also include me for reduced shipping? Or do I need to also provide a down payment to arcooda for the machine itself? Its all kinda confusing, sigh. Thank you for your time.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
For some reason my credit card payment was not accepted which sucks.
I just read that a bank transfer from the netherlands to china can take 5 work days...
So this will be too late.

My bank in the United States says their foreign wire transfers can take up to 10 business days before it's received at the other end. (That's in general to other countries, and not specifically about Hong Kong or China.)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Lots of questions that hopefully will be answered. Keep in mind Arcooda’s time zone, that they aren’t even in the office until 3 Pacific, 6 Eastern.

GUSHandGO

Feb 3, 2013
There is also a thread on one of their Facebook posts about running 3rd party software on their cabinets and whether such usage might require waiver of the warranty (note that hardware mods, over clocking, etc. justifiably should void the warranty). I am waiting on their answer as to whether their Highway I/O board gives customer add-on computing hardware (PC, console, RPI, etc.) access to all three monitors or to just the main backglass monitor.

I've been following that post with great interest. Unfortunately, Arcooda has been been terrible at replying to Facebook posts in a timely manner. It's all shame because the cabinet looks amazing... but by not answering these questions AND releasing some truly awful videos (like the one of the beardy Arcooda employee playing Candy Crush ) is just terrible marketing considering the time constraints.

zdjh22

Sep 28, 2013
Yeah. I know they must be neck deep in software issues, discussions with their legal staff, and loads and loads of e-mail. But promising FAQs, videos, and other answers by certain deadlines, consistently missing those announced deadlines, springing last minute surprises like asking for international wire transfers, and not answering emails and posts during the last weekend before the deadline is surely costing them customers. And I really want them to have lots of customers and to succeed, so that the cabinet I buy from them works and is well supported.

GUSHandGO

Feb 3, 2013
Yeah. I know they must be neck deep in software issues, discussions with their legal staff, and loads and loads of e-mail. But promising FAQs, videos, and other answers by certain deadlines, consistently missing those announced deadlines, springing last minute surprises like asking for international wire transfers, and not answering emails and posts during the last weekend before the deadline is surely costing them customers. And I really want them to have lots of customers and to succeed, so that the cabinet I buy from them works and is well supported.

Absolutely. At this point, all I need to hear is "If you connect a second PC, you can use the three monitors however you want," and I'm in for an Ultra. Because while it's cool to be able to play 76 TPA tables and other stuff... it would be an absolute game changer to play absolutely WHATEVER I want anytime using the three monitors. And I feel like it's such an easy question to answer... and it kills me that they're not doing it.

And this FAQ still says it will be updated Monday... even thought it's now Tuesday in Australia as I type this.

Last edited:

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I am waiting on their answer as to whether their Highway I/O board gives customer add-on computing hardware (PC, console, RPI, etc.) access to all three monitors or to just the main backglass monitor.

Absolutely. At this point, all I need to hear is "If you connect a second PC, you can use the three monitors however you want," and I'm in for an Ultra. Because while it's cool to be able to play 76 TPA tables and other stuff... it would be an absolute game changer to play absolutely WHATEVER I want anytime using the three monitors. And I feel like it's such an easy question to answer... and it kills me that they're not doing it.

And this FAQ still says it will be updated Monday... even thought it's now Tuesday in Australia as I type this.

I don't know anything about using the Highway I/O board for that purpose. But I did get an email back from Arcooda when I asked questions related to using the computer on the Arcooda itself for loading games.

Last night, I received an email reply from Arcooda with a "YES" to all three of my following questions which I had sent in an Inquiry:

can I accurately assume for the Ultra model all of the following will be True:

1) There will be a way to hook up both a Keyboard and a Mouse to the unit (for example so as to be able to do a software installation of games through Windows 10 interface)?

2) Will it have a standard Windows 10 interface, and a Browser available to the User for Installation and playing of games, etc.?

3) Will there be an Ethernet port/jack/socket so as to be able to connect to the Internet without having to do it wirelessly?

Last edited:

GUSHandGO

Feb 3, 2013
I don't know anything about using the Highway I/O board for that purpose. But I did get an email back from Arcooda when I asked questions related to using the computer on the Arcooda itself for loading games.

Last night, I received an email reply from Arcooda with a "YES" to all three of my following questions which I had sent in an Inquiry:

can I accurately assume for the Ultra model all of the following will be True:

1) There will be a way to hook up both a Keyboard and a Mouse to the unit (for example so as to be able to do a software installation of games through Windows 10 interface)?

2) Will it have a standard Windows 10 interface, and a Browser available to the User for Installation and playing of games, etc.?

3) Will there be an Ethernet port/jack/socket so as to be able to connect to the Internet without having to do it wirelessly?

Weird... there was a Facebook thread about bypassing the Arcooda frontend to use Windows 10 and Arcooda's response was:

"We understand many customers are looking to make modification however our model is designed for plug and play. And if you have problems, the PC needs to be repaired by our service centre.

We are considering to allow customers to agree to a no warranty policy - if customers modify/overclock/change wiring/components/etc they waiver their warranty. If this is an option that customers would like, we can consider."

It's such a bizarre way of responding that doesn't answer the question at all. And what customer would LIKE their warranty to be voided?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Weird... there was a Facebook thread about bypassing the Arcooda frontend to use Windows 10 and Arcooda's response was:

"We understand many customers are looking to make modification however our model is designed for plug and play. And if you have problems, the PC needs to be repaired by our service centre.

We are considering to allow customers to agree to a no warranty policy - if customers modify/overclock/change wiring/components/etc they waiver their warranty. If this is an option that customers would like, we can consider."

It's such a bizarre way of responding that doesn't answer the question at all. And what customer would LIKE their warranty to be voided?

Yes, GUSHandGO, I had seen that Facebook post you quoted, which is the actual reason why I had sent Arcooda my three questions. It's almost like Software verses Hardware was somehow getting merged together in what was being said on Facebook. I can understand why changing Hardware might void a warranty, but it made no sense to me if that applied to Gaming Software being loaded onto these Cabinets that are advertised as being so versatile.

In fact here was the full Inquiry I had sent to Arcooda in which I quoted something they have on their website itself (at https://www.arcooda.com/our-machines/arcooda-video-pinball/) . As I mentioned before, they responded with a "YES" to all three of my questions:

Your website says, "The game choice is only limited by you. Unlike regular pinball machines you can install 1000’s of licensed video pinball and arcade games on Arcooda Video Pinball. Arcooda offers the ability to use your own software or add your game libraries from cloud gaming to the already installed game titles."

Based on the above, can I accurately assume for the Ultra model all of the following will be True:

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's what I saw on the prototype cabinet; it's a PC running Windows 10. You have your desktop but it's in portrait mode. You open up Steam, just as you always would, and select TPA where you have choice of DX9, DX11, and Arcooda Cabinet mode. It's at that point the Arcooda software kicks in and you are off to the races. What this means is, you can run any of your Steam games on this cabinet, you can select if it's playing on the touchscreen in portrait mode or on the backglass monitor. You can play Zen, Zaccaria, Pro Pinball, whatever. If you felt like playing GTA V, you totally could.

The plug and play aspect is that Arcooda wants this to be extremely simple for people to use and add on to. The add ons however refer to coils, shaker motors, and other accessories they plan on selling. The same would apply to hooking up a PS4 or Xbox One to this. You'll even be able to plug in your phone and use the touchscreen to play games. I was even able to navigate around the Windows desktop using the touchscreen instead of mouse and keyboard.

What they don't want you doing, and this is the warranty aspect of things, is throwing in your own computer components and then complaining when something doesn't work right. This isn't a home brew cabinet, it's off the shelf ready to go. So think of it as a car, and if you go changing the fuel injection and add on a supercharger and then blow the engine because you forgot to tune the car's computer properly, that's on you.

GUSHandGO

Feb 3, 2013
What they don't want you doing, and this is the warranty aspect of things, is throwing in your own computer components and then complaining when something doesn't work right. This isn't a home brew cabinet, it's off the shelf ready to go. So think of it as a car, and if you go changing the fuel injection and add on a supercharger and then blow the engine because you forgot to tune the car's computer properly, that's on you.

I'm cool with all that. And if I can just plug in a second PC and run whatever I want without tampering with the Arcooda-installed PC (they basically say you can in this video, which Arcooda used as an example on Facebook as a comparable plug and play system), then I'm all in. Sure, I'd love to be able to mess around with the Arcooda-installed PC... but it's not a dealbreaker if I can effectively use a second PC that I already own if i want to hobby around a bit while safely using the Arcooda hardware.

I just wish Arcooda would say, "Yeah. You can hook up your own PC and do whatever you want with all the screens. Knock yourself out."

If you can use all three screens with Zen Pinball, etc. on Steam... it surely must work like that, right?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
I received an email 1.5 hours ago from Arcooda, in response to an email I had sent them around 20 hours ago. I am posting some of it here because the last sentence below may helpful to those that are comfortable with, and willing to do, an International Wire Transfer, but are concerned that it won't get to Arcooda before June 30th . It could be that "confirmation of payment" Arcooda mentioned will provide you with what you need to get the advertised extras for those that make the June 30th cabinet related deadline. (If you want to know that for sure, you will need to hear it from Arcooda.) The following in italics was in that email from Arcooda:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that you can make your credit card purchase of the software via link below - this must be done before the 30th June 2018

https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com

Payment for the cabinet, can only be made via bank transfer (wire), that is, you must physically go to your bank and transfer the $1500usd deposit into our bank account

You can then send us a copy of the transaction receipt you will get from you bank as confirmation of your payment.

GUSHandGO

Feb 3, 2013
I received an email 1.5 hours ago from Arcooda, in response to an email I had sent them around 20 hours ago. I am posting some of it here because the last sentence below may helpful to those that are comfortable with, and willing to do, an International Wire Transfer, but are concerned that it won't get to Arcooda before June 30th . It could be that "confirmation of payment" Arcooda mentioned will provide you with what you need to get the advertised extras for those that make the June 30th cabinet related deadline. (If you want to know that for sure, you will need to hear it from Arcooda.) The following in italics was in that email from Arcooda:
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that you can make your credit card purchase of the software via link below - this must be done before the 30th June 2018

https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com

Payment for the cabinet, can only be made via bank transfer (wire), that is, you must physically go to your bank and transfer the $1500usd deposit into our bank account

You can then send us a copy of the transaction receipt you will get from you bank as confirmation of your payment.

So does this mean that we're effectively putting a down payment of $2000 since the $499 software is "free" if the cabinet is purchased before June 30? I'm fine with that... I just don't want to do the $1500 wire transfer and have them say, "Oooooh... but you didn't purchase the software before June 30... so, you're out of luck. But thanks for buying the cabinet anyway."

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
So does this mean that we're effectively putting a down payment of $2000 since the $499 software is "free" if the cabinet is purchased before June 30? I'm fine with that... I just don't want to do the $1500 wire transfer and have them say, "Oooooh... but you didn't purchase the software before June 30... so, you're out of luck. But thanks for buying the cabinet anyway."

I know what you mean. There are various ways to interpret it. Could be that you have to do both financial transactions before June 30th. And then you would get a credit for the $499 when you pay off the balance before the cabinet eventually ships. That's what I was talking about in my post above at http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...their-pricing!?p=274194&viewfull=1#post274194

Mookmonster

Dec 21, 2013
I know what you mean. There are various ways to interpret it. Could be that you have to do both financial transactions before June 30th. And then you would get a credit for the $499 when you pay off the balance before the cabinet eventually ships. That's what I was talking about in my post above at http://digitalpinballfans.com/showt...their-pricing!?p=274194&viewfull=1#post274194

So i can confirm if you paid $500 for the software, they still want $1500 for a total of $2000. If you didnt buy the software, then your down payment of $1500 is all you need to reserve. Frankly, this is really stupid and got me in a bit of a financial bind, because I wanted to make sure I would reserve the software, and since they said on their facebook page that the $500 for the software counts towards the table cost...only later did I find out it doesnt get added to the down payment. So save your $$ if you plan on buying a table and just send them the $1500 and skip the software.

GUSHandGO

Feb 3, 2013
So i can confirm if you paid $500 for the software, they still want $1500 for a total of $2000. If you didnt buy the software, then your down payment of $1500 is all you need to reserve. Frankly, this is really stupid and got me in a bit of a financial bind, because I wanted to make sure I would reserve the software, and since they said on their facebook page that the $500 for the software counts towards the table cost...only later did I find out it doesnt get added to the down payment. So save your $$ if you plan on buying a table and just send them the $1500 and skip the software.

As someone who works in public relations and marketing, I feel like Arcooda must not have a very good marketing team. I feel like I want to by this in spite of their efforts to sell it, which is insane since it's a significantly less valuable item in just a few days. From what everyone has said, they're a legit company that makes excellent products... but, geez, you'd think they'd hire someone who would know how to promote. No joke, I laughed out loud when I saw the Candy Crush video because that was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen a company release considering the circumstances and the potential customers BEGGING for up-close and personal content of machine that costs thousands of dollars. I still feel like it was just a middle finger to all of us asking for more videos and info... "You want a video, here's your video, you jerks." :p

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.