Arcooda - prompting for Key again. Anyone else?

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
[MENTION=7221]Arcooda[/MENTION]

I made a small change to the position of the virtual DMD on my system using the config tool. I am now being prompted to enter my license key on startup. I had
been running without issue until I made this tiny change.. I have rentered the key 4-5 times ago but keeps coming back as failed. Anyone else reporting this problem?

I sent a message to Sales email address to with my order number and license key.

Nighthawk

Jun 18, 2018
The same thing happened to me today. I also didn't make any changes. I played it on 2 days before without any issues.

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
Did you try to hard reset your Arcooda configuration by removing the relevent files in
C:/users/you/my games/pinballarcade/ ?

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
As Sebinouse mentioned, please try below and let us know if this solved the problem;

- go to C:\Users(ComputerName)\My Games\Pinball Arcade
- look for and delete the Arcoodainfo.dat file
- then restart steam, activate pinball arcade, and re-enter the key

If still having problems, please report back to us and we will work with FarSight for solution tomorrow when they reopen.

Last edited:

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
[MENTION=7221]Arcooda[/MENTION],

I deleted the ArcoodaInfo.dat file and tried to re-enter my license info again and it is still failing. Appears to be something down at Farsight I am guessing?

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I just tried launching in Cabinet Mode and am having the same issue.
It was fine Saturday (day before yesterday).

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
I have the same issue. All I did was change monitors temporarilly, then, lost my Arcooda license. When re-entering my key, it fails.

I contacted Arcooda, they sent me a reply which reads:

We are sorry to read about the problem you are experiencing. We have already contacted FarSight to find out exactly why the code is not working. We have asked them to make this a priority and we should have an answer by Monday (USA time).

I guess this is a Farsight issue. IDK. I'm a bit uneasy about losing a piece of software over an entire weekend (when I'm most-likely to want to use it) just because I made a simple tweak on my system... I hope this Steam key thing becomes a permanent part of your steam library, like the DLC's are...

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I agree, if a Farsight server/service is down it shouldn't lock us out of the game if the software is alreadly licensed.

zdjh22

Sep 28, 2013
Just now tried to start cabinet mode, and got the Enter Key screen. Entered the key twice, came back “Failed” both times.

Once I removed the Arcoodainfo.dat file and re-entered the key it worked. So, evidently the server, if it was down, is now back up. And other folks besides me will need to go through this procedure to get Cabinet Mode started. Entering that key is painful! No way to paste in the key that I could figure out.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I tried a little over 1 hour ago and it still wasn't working so might have just missed them fixing things. I'll try when I get home tonight.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
Confirming that deleting the "ArcoodaInfo.dat" file and re-entering key works.

Now, just perma-link this key, Farsight!

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
I am back and running too. Appreciate if Farsight jumps in and lets un know what is going on. Hopefully this is something can fix so it doesn't happen again!

jached

Feb 21, 2015
Same. Working again with no need for any adjustment. It is, I must admit, a kind of a jolt of realization how tenuous this all is, at present. Let’s hope there’s word on a fix tied simply to an active Steam connection.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
After deleting the “dat” file and reentering the Key, I’m back up now as well! <Whew>

During the period I couldn’t access the cabinet mode I attempted to run just the DX11 version of TPA and — as has been the case since early June — the playfield launched in monitor 2 (the backglass/DMD monitor on my 2 monitor cab); so I was relegated to playing just the DX9 version of the tables. :mad: Sure wish FarSight would fix this!!

zdjh22

Sep 28, 2013
I’ve had this too - when starting the DX11 version after previously running the Arcooda cab version my playfield starts on my backglass monitor, and once even on my DMD monitor. I couldn’t get any Windows 10 key combination to move the field. But then I noticed a thin blue vertical line at the edge of the playfield monitor (and when the game started on the DMD monitor it was on my backglass monitor). I was able to click and drag on that blue line to move the playfield onto the playfield monitor. After then exiting the change sticks on subsequent start ups.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I’ve had this too - when starting the DX11 version after previously running the Arcooda cab version my playfield starts on my backglass monitor, and once even on my DMD monitor. I couldn’t get any Windows 10 key combination to move the field. But then I noticed a thin blue vertical line at the edge of the playfield monitor (and when the game started on the DMD monitor it was on my backglass monitor). I was able to click and drag on that blue line to move the playfield onto the playfield monitor. After then exiting the change sticks on subsequent start ups.

Thanks for the tip!
THAT ACTUALLY WORKED!!

Furthermore, the playfield stayed on monitor 1 even when I switched back to “Fullscreen” mode!

Thanks again!!!

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
[MENTION=7419]Gabura[/MENTION] - Yes, being prompted for a key again. Nothing has change on my system at all so I assume it is a Farsight problem again.,
[MENTION=7221]Arcooda[/MENTION] - Can you get this looked at?

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
[MENTION=7419]Gabura[/MENTION] - Yes, being prompted for a key again. Nothing has change on my system at all so I assume it is a Farsight problem again.,
[MENTION=7221]Arcooda[/MENTION] - Can you get this looked at?

Yes thanks, its a FarSight server problem. We have already contacted FarSight earlier this morning and hope they have it resolved by tomorrow morning.

Members online

Members online