Arcooda Software Refund Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I know I'm beating a dead horse here so this is probably my last post on this topic. Just including my response to Arcooda to close this out. Some will agree, some won't. I get it. I still hope we end up with a decent product in the end.

Well, this is disappointing to say the least. The software you are selling people for $150 (and as much as $500) is basically alpha/beta, unfinished software that may never be completely fixed. I know from frequenting the digitalpinballfans.com forum, many there (including me) expected a refund was possible just due to the nature of this software release being an unfinished product.

While it is true the fact that there are no refunds is included in your EULA, it is not mentioned anywhere else - including the FAQ (where it ABSOLUTELY should be). One poster in the forum said he actually asked Arcooda about this prior to purchase and the question was deflected and not answered. Rather he was referred to the forum. While you may be legally covered via your EULA, it's pretty clear you don't want this to be widely known. I really can't believe you are basically having us beta test your unfinished software and selling it with the conditions of a finished product.

I started a thread on the forum informing others of your policy. Maybe others won't make the mistake I made of purchasing an unfinished product with dozens of game breaking bugs, beta test it, and not expect any refunds if dissatisfied. Unfinished products should not be sold under the same conditions as finished, polished, and thoroughly tested software.

I began my forum thread wishing you nothing but success. The more I have learned through that thread and exploring your website, the more I question your business practices. You are clearly trying to collect all the money you can prior to expiration of the licensing while placing all the risk you should be shouldering directly on the consumer. This is not honorable or ethical business practice. I hope you don't end up profiting by it.

I will just close by saying I am very disappointed in both FarSight and Arcooda for how you are handling this. I hope you make some changes to your website to better inform your customers of what they are purchasing including its condition. You could start by modifying your FAQ.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Seeing as how this is very much a dead horse, I'm closing this thread.

I do want to say, many of those first week issues have been resolved. The software itself can and will (according to FarSight) be worked on after June 30th. The thing that can't happen after that date, is the software being sold. For those on the fence, you can hold out all the way until that date, judge whether things are where you'd like them to be or not. After June 30th though, this offer is gone, never to return. Many have already posted how pleased they are with the software in its current state, so take that also in consideration compared to priested's account of it not running on his hardware well (which could change with an upgrade) and being disappointed in it not meeting his expectations. So watch videos, ask people what their computer specs are for running it, and know that the choice was releasing the software as it is now or never being able to release it at all. The loss of the WMS license was not expected, so both FarSight and Arcooda are trying to make the best of the situation while they are still able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts