Arcooda Software Refund Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
Has anyone requested a refund or know the process for doing so? I can find no instructions on the website for this. I know that Arcooda/Farsight are diligently working to resolve bugs and improve the software before 6/30. However, I can already see that this is not a product that improves the game enough (for me) to warrant its cost. In fact, in many ways, I prefer the base DX11 game over the Arcooda version.

I can only speak for myself. I know others may be thrilled with it and I wish Arcooda nothing but success.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
For the record, count me as somebody who is more than thrilled with the product.

Even though there are a few bugs remaining with the two-monitior mode which I’m using, the added realism this brings to tables like “Attack From Mars”, “Circus Voltaire”, “Medieval Madness”, and “Funhouse” running on my cabinet is thrilling. Add the multiple cabinet views and the product is clearly superior to anything the hobbyists can provide. And I’m confident at this point that FarSight will address the minor remaining bugs in a timely fashion.

I just wish there was someway the deadline could be extended so more pinball enthusiasts can enjoy the product before its gone. *sigh*

priested

Nov 7, 2013
My post is not meant as a referendum on the software. I am truly glad that others like it. I sincerely hope that I am one of the only ones who doesn't. Just seeking info if someone has it. I have emailed Arcooda as well. Just thought someone here might know. Thanks!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
My post is not meant as a referendum on the software. I am truly glad that others like it. I sincerely hope that I am one of the only ones who doesn't. Just seeking info if someone has it. I have emailed Arcooda as well. Just thought someone here might know. Thanks!

You would need to contact Arcooda.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
You would need to contact Arcooda.

OK. Thanks. I reached out via their contact page on the website. I do think a refund policy should be posted on their website. I am kicking myself for not checking into that before the purchase. I usually am pretty good about doing that. I guess my initial excitement got the best of me in this case. Good luck to others who purchased. I can see how some could see the value in this software. I hope it is successful.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
OK. Thanks. I reached out via their contact page on the website. I do think a refund policy should be posted on their website. I am kicking myself for not checking into that before the purchase. I usually am pretty good about doing that. I guess my initial excitement got the best of me in this case. Good luck to others who purchased. I can see how some could see the value in this software. I hope it is successful.

I'm sure they will be in contact with you soon. I forwarded this discussion and they told me they were working on addressing it.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I did actually ask the question to Arcooda. They replied advising me to look on this forum and search for help in setting up the cabinet etc. I like the idea of having the cab work for TPA and mine isn’t far off. But there are issues at times and the occasional slowdown or random movement of the screens for example...so for me, I don’t want to fork out for something that isn’t going to work properly and have little support or help with. Not to compare Zen, but they’ve done this for free and it works flawless. So on the off chance Arcooda sorftware doesn't quite work, I wanted to know a refund could be sorted hassle free...im not sure on that after the question was deflected... If things work fine I’m happy to keep the software but I don’t want to pay for something that doesn’t work properly...especially when other pinball companies offer working cab support for free.

slippytoad

Jun 4, 2018
For the record, count me as somebody who is more than thrilled with the product.

Even though there are a few bugs remaining with the two-monitior mode which I’m using, the added realism this brings to tables like “Attack From Mars”, “Circus Voltaire”, “Medieval Madness”, and “Funhouse” running on my cabinet is thrilling. Add the multiple cabinet views and the product is clearly superior to anything the hobbyists can provide. And I’m confident at this point that FarSight will address the minor remaining bugs in a timely fashion.

I just wish there was someway the deadline could be extended so more pinball enthusiasts can enjoy the product before its gone. *sigh*

totally agree. i'm loving it with my 2 monitor set up (using the 3 screen configuration). i find that i'm playing tables that i didn't previously play because the cabinet views are so much better and i can see everything on the playfield extremely clearly

priested

Nov 7, 2013
Well, I heard back from Arcooda and there are NO REFUNDS on this product no matter the reason. Needless to say, I am not pleased.

You can see from my posts above that I was very gracious and non-comfrontational in posing this question. While I do feel this is somewhat on me for not checking into this, I find it deceptive that this information is nowhere to be found and not being discussed.

If they are going to sell software in this condition with no guarantees of support only weeks after release is deceptive IMO. The fact that there are no refunds should be plastered everywhere including ESPECIALLY the FAQ. I am posting again just so others are aware. Just know what you are getting into. You are purchasing a very buggy product with no guarantees of support that their competitors offer for free with their product. Buyer beware.

Last edited:

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I did actually ask the question to Arcooda. They replied advising me to look on this forum and search for help in setting up the cabinet etc. I like the idea of having the cab work for TPA and mine isn’t far off. But there are issues at times and the occasional slowdown or random movement of the screens for example...so for me, I don’t want to fork out for something that isn’t going to work properly and have little support or help with. Not to compare Zen, but they’ve done this for free and it works flawless. So on the off chance Arcooda sorftware doesn't quite work, I wanted to know a refund could be sorted hassle free...im not sure on that after the question was deflected... If things work fine I’m happy to keep the software but I don’t want to pay for something that doesn’t work properly...especially when other pinball companies offer working cab support for free.

This is very interesting to me. So you did ask and they "deflected the question". I feel like flippy floppy did the same in this thread. Very disappointed in that if he knew and just didnt say.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
This is very interesting to me. So you did ask and they "deflected the question". I feel like flippy floppy did the same in this thread. Very disappointed in that if he knew and just didnt say.

I asked about possibility of refunding etc, but was told to check this forum for help on setting things up. Ive no issues setting things up...things that dont work are out of my control. So i basically wanted to know...if those issue dont get sorted, could i have a refund for a product that wont work properly.

If things work...then fine...im ok with that. Especially as soon, these tables wont be available. But if things dont work properly, i dont want to pay for something that doesn't work...and think its only fair it can be refunded. It may also depend on how you paid. I think there is comeback with things like credit cards...but not sure if the same protection applies with debit cards.

But hopefully things will get fixed...

hlr53

Jul 12, 2016
I haven't purchased yet. Does Arcooda state all purchases are final? You could file a dispute with your credit card company if they didn't. Not sure how it works with an Australian company though?

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I haven't purchased yet. Does Arcooda state all purchases are final? You could file a dispute with your credit card company if they didn't. Not sure how it works with an Australian company though?

I do not recall seeing anything during the purchasing process but i guess thats possible. It wasn't obvious because I have seen multiple posts here that suggest people think they can get a refund.

I cannot imagine anyone buying the $500 version under these conditions. Not to mention their cabinet. Good luck with that one!

Last edited:

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Count me in as one of the happy Arcooda owners although the release certainly wasn't problem free.. I think a majority of the bugs we are seeing are directly related to adding two screen support at such a late stage. TPA was always my 3rd option playing on my cabinet since I hated that the views were not up to par with VPX or FX3. Since the cabinet mode fixes were released (after the initial botched release) I have been playing the hell out of TPA so for me is worth it. I think FarSight will get there with the fixes. They seem to be putting the time to fix things and making good progress. Arcooda should allow refunds if people can't get a working system though. That is just bad businsess on their end. What happened with the licensing sucks but at least they are getting to recoup some of their investment with the cabinet mode changes.

Last edited:

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
I'd be careful projecting hopes on this final version. When WHOF appeared on PS3 we were all thrilled but later we discovered stuff we didn't noticed the first days we were playing. Think carefully before you buy. I don't know... buggy software? No refunds? Think I'll pass.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I just think they should clearly state "All sales Final. No refunds" on the order page. To not include this in their FAQ is clearly deceptive IMO. Now it appears they have been evading the issue when others have questioned.

This software runs very poorly on my system except in the overhead flat view, which I hate. I also detect different physics in this software which hopefully is due to the view problem but I would rather not risk it. I started the refund process early because I had no confidence I would get a response after 6/30.

Most times when I have purchased things with an "all sales final" clause it is in all caps, bolded, and in the FAQ. Not so with this software.

Hopefully they fix all the issues because it looks like those who bought it are stuck with it - working or not.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

We are supporting the product and will continue to work on it.

I'll follow up with Arcooda regarding your case.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
OK, I just went through the entire ordering process on a test basis and there is no mention of refund policy. Also, a refund policy is nowhere to be found on the site. HOWEVER, at the very end of the ordering process, there is mention of a EULA. You have to click it to read it but if you do and scroll down to the bottom, they do state that the software is provided with no warranty of any kind.

I made the mistake of doing as I do when I rent a car and not reading all of the terms. Legally and technically, the mistake was mine. Arcooda, per their terms, doesn't owe me anything. Lesson learned.

Having said that, I do feel that burying this in the EULA and not being upfront about it anywhere else on their site or in their FAQ is shady at best.

They have basically suckered a bunch of us into paying them a good bit of money to beta test software they intend to install on their cabinets and sell for thousands without owing us anything if we are dissatisfied and want to return it. They even asked me to compile a list of the problems I am experiencing, having already told me I am not getting a refund. I'm sorry but my part in this paid beta test program is over. I hope the software eventually works as advertised but just know that if it doesn't, Arcooda is legally covered. They will owe you nothing. I assume this applies to the $500 version and the cabinets as well. Again, buyer beware.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
OK, I just went through the entire ordering process on a test basis and there is no mention of refund policy. Also, a refund policy is nowhere to be found on the site. HOWEVER, at the very end of the ordering process, there is mention of a EULA. You have to click it to read it but if you do and scroll down to the bottom, they do state that the software is provided with no warranty of any kind.

I made the mistake of doing as I do when I rent a car and not reading all of the terms. Legally and technically, the mistake was mine. Arcooda, per their terms, doesn't owe me anything. Lesson learned.

Having said that, I do feel that burying this in the EULA and not being upfront about it anywhere else on their site or in their FAQ is shady at best.

They have basically suckered a bunch of us into paying them a good bit of money to beta test software they intend to install on their cabinets and sell for thousands without owing us anything if we are dissatisfied and want to return it. They even asked me to compile a list of the problems I am experiencing, having already told me I am not getting a refund. I'm sorry but my part in this paid beta test program is over. I hope the software eventually works as advertised but just know that if it doesn't, Arcooda is legally covered. They will owe you nothing. I assume this applies to the $500 version and the cabinets as well. Again, buyer beware.

If you paid by credit card you may have some comeback so it’s worth checking...regardless of what is stated on the website.

However, the reply from FF above on my post sounds like FarSight will continue to offer support so hopefully any issues occurring now will soon be a thing of the past and fingers crossed...everything will be sorted. I think if I’d purchased the software and had issues that weren’t going to be looked at I’d ask for a refund for sure but with FS promising to continue support I’m guess it’ll just be a case of waiting for the bugs to get sorted and hopefully those who have purchased cab support will be able to get full working use from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.