Are they not planning on resetting the leaderboards?!?

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
It's still very pointless to play this game on any competitive level when there are so many fake scores on this table ! Ridiculous scores.......99,988,388,700?!?!

Come on Farsight! Reset this table leaderboard and bring this table back into play for us.
Otherwise it's just silly to even try to get a real score.

EDIT:
It looks like Farsight is listening and they just reset the scores!
Time to set those high scores again. :)

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
What do you consider to be a fake score? I see that the PS3 high score is in reference here and I'm #4 on that leaderboard.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
What do you consider to be a fake score? I see that the PS3 high score is in reference here and I'm #4 on that leaderboard.

It's not a "fake score" in the sense that the score wasn't racked up and counted by the program, but it was done while every slight nudge during multiball gave you multiple millions of points.

People were cheating by accident.
My brother, who never played pinball before thought it was a feature of the table.

But, as far as that score goes, I'm going with:

A. Common sense
B. He admitted to using the Frankenstien Bash glitch oh about 300 times!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
They said they were going to when 2.0.2 came out on PS3, but that was before they had to pull the update, so I'm not sure why they didn't reset the MB board when the next update was released which finally fixed the glitch for everyone.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
They said they were going to when 2.0.2 came out on PS3, but that was before they had to pull the update, so I'm not sure why they didn't reset the MB board when the next update was released which finally fixed the glitch for everyone.

My guess is not enough people spoke up so they assumed it was fine left the way it is.

This is definitely not right!
null-5.png

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
I know I can't prove it but, I was operating on the 2.02 update when I got my score. (no glitch there)

I just happened to be in the zone that night (halfway drunk, as usual) and figured out the basic strategy to this table.
Chase that extra-ball. There seems to be no end to 'em. You'll get alot of Monster Bashes/Monsters of Rock (hopefully) along the way.

If the leaderboard gets reset, I'll get there again.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I know I can't prove it but, I was operating on the 2.02 update when I got my score. (no glitch there)

I just happened to be in the zone that night (halfway drunk, as usual) and figured out the basic strategy to this table.
Chase that extra-ball. There seems to be no end to 'em. You'll get alot of Monster Bashes/Monsters of Rock (hopefully) along the way.

I believe you, but I'm not so sure about those blokes above you.

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Thanks for the vote in my truthfulness, Jeff! It is much appreciated, Good Sir.

@ spoonman

The way I see the leaderboard is like this... Evilryu is #1. That kind of score seems absolutely feasible, in my eyes. There is some doubt about whether he was affected by the glitch, or not. Either way, he at least seemed to try to play a legitimate game. Phreaker admitted to his folly in another thread. Wolwerine... He's just proving that he has the patience to show that he's really not any good at MB.

Now I say, bring on the reset. I like a good challenge.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

2.02 had the glitch though. It wasn't fixed until 2.03.

I'm not saying you were doing it on purpose, but any slight nudge gave you a ton of points. Anyway, if you can get there again,
then there is no harm to reset them to erase the 80% of players that have racked up crazy scores with help from the glitch.

But there is no denying the hard facts though...
TPA-MB-MonthlyVsAllTime-1.jpg

The fact that since this was fixed (2.0.3) no one has even gotten close to the high scores of the glitched version (2.0.2), and in fact they are nearly ONE HUNDRED TIMES LESS than the #1 score. That sort of speaks for itself IMO.

And again, the top 3 players have all admitted to using the glitch. The top score guy had to end his game to avoid flipping the score.

So FARSIGHT>> Please make this right for the honest players!

Last edited:

Squid

Senior Creature
Mar 22, 2012
Okey Doke. Challenge accepted. I'll get back to ya. (by monday)

BTW update 2.02 DID fix the nudge glitch.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Hey your comparing ALL TIME against WEEKLY. I DIDNT CHEAT! I knew of a glitch but never attempted or seen it. Im #10 in the ALL TIME in the photo:)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Hey your comparing ALL TIME against WEEKLY. I DIDNT CHEAT! I knew of a glitch but never attempted or seen it. Im #10 in the ALL TIME in the photo:)

I'm not accusing you of cheating. I didn't cheat either, but my score was much higher than it should have been because every
single time I nudged the table = I got millions of point that I shouldn't have!!

And yeah,but the difference between [#10] 4 Billion and [#1] 100 Billion... is quite a lot!

Okey Doke. Challenge accepted. I'll get back to ya. (by monday)

BTW update 2.02 DID fix the nudge glitch.

Not for me it didn't. (I was playing on the PS3 BTW)

This is good news: (From Facebook) When asked about resetting the scores on Monster Bash:
The Pinball Arcade We are in the process of doing that now.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
The Pinball Arcade
Good news: Now that we have completely eradicated the Monster Bash scoring bug on ALL platforms, we have reset all leaderboards for that table!

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Haha good... when I put that bogus score on there, I had figured the boards were about to be reset. Glad they are now.

(points to legit Gorgar score...heh)

BRZ

Aug 2, 2012
Dang if only I knew about this glitch...
I would have taken the chance to milk it for my HoF score... :p
Because it seems that did not get reset.
And I thank FS for that.

For the record I have not cheated on any of my scores.
At least not knowingly. I didn't even know about the MB bug.
Being currently unemployed, I have a lot of time,
And some of my Hall of Fame scores took at LOT of games to finally achieve :)

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
So people are still reporting the glitch has not been fixed on the 360, so what was the point of resetting the scores before that was addressed?
Are they planning on resetting it once again when it's finally fixed?

Also, I crushed my "cheated" score on MB last night. Hitting #12 on the leaderboard (which is high for me).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.