Atari VCS (2600) Video Pinball

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Just came across a nice video on YouTube from Croooow about the Atari VCS game. I know Croooow has been discussed in there forum before as he owns real tables and does TPA reviews.

This was my first virtual pinball experience and I think it was this that gave me the pinball obsession I have today and desire to seek out real tables as a youngster.

Canadian365

Jun 26, 2012
Atari 2600 Midnight Magic Pinball

Spent many hours on this back in the day! Best part of game at 1:12 mark!

Last edited:

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I never owned Atari Pinball but would play it often at Sears where they had the console set up to demo a bunch of games. But was never big on it enough to actually try and get my parents to get it for me.

Seem to recall having Midnight Magic on my Apple computer. But wasn't big on digital pinball back then.

It wasn't until Pinball Dreams came out on the Amiga that I really got in to digital pinball.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I never owned Atari Pinball but would play it often at Sears where they had the console set up to demo a bunch of games. But was never big on it enough to actually try and get my parents to get it for me.

Seem to recall having Midnight Magic on my Apple computer. But wasn't big on digital pinball back then.

It wasn't until Pinball Dreams came out on the Amiga that I really got in to digital pinball.
16-bit era was the sweet spot for me with console pinball simulators; of course nothing compares to playing modern game engines like Zen and Pinball Arcade.

Interesting to note if you play old school NES, Pinbot and High Speed are based off of real tables, and look and play very nice, although they added hazards like ball gobblers and other elements which unlock minigames when collected and kind of break the pacing of the table. In Pinbot if you advance the table enough times, the table changes colors and your ball turns into a triangle with werid but awesome physics. The ball gobblers in High Speed are especially annoying as you have to nudge right as they release your ball to avoid a SDTM drain, and oftentimes you're trying to shoot a ramp or some other skill shot, and the hazards really interrupt the play.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2016
My first digital table, way back in the day. I've been playing virtual tables on and off through the decades since.

Not much fun playing the mobile version on the Atari app. You need a joystick!

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I remember playing this a little bit but David's Midnight Magic for the C=64 got a ton of my time. Bill Budge Pinball Construction Set was another one i spent a lot of time on.

Members online

Members online