backing up scores?

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
SAVE DATA = /DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data

If rooted - back up the file above.
If not you'll need Helium app but will have to move table data temporarily whilst backing up.

N

netizen

if you're going to reset your nexus 10 you can use the wugfresh root utility to back up your data without needing to root, you'll need to go through making sure to install ADB drivers.

The backup is relatively painless.

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
SAVE DATA = /DATA/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/saved_data

If rooted - back up the file above.
If not you'll need Helium app but will have to move table data temporarily whilst backing up.
I used Helium in the end, worked great :)

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
- At min. a short Expot / Import function will be needed:
Yesterday, I've replace the recovery Bootmenue, uncomfortable, the tab does not start anymore. So I "must" upgrade from the rooted Stck FW JB to a customer FW with Kitkat.
About the problem with the recogning of the touchpad during multiball, I play with thinking, to buy a Samsung Tab Pro 12.2.
Now - to keep my points over the years ( Yes I buy the table up from Sessin1) and I'm not finish with all Mastergoals ( some missing) I should root the brandnew Tab ( I haven't buy in this moment) . After root, I lost my warrenty (2Y) in total :( and also the Tab will not make anymore an OTA. I'm not afraid to root a device, but it's early enough, if Samsung kick out the device from support ...

Here from my point : Please add a possibility or move the savefile to a place, which could be reachable with normal rights
THX

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
- At min. a short Expot / Import function will be needed:
Yesterday, I've replace the recovery Bootmenue, uncomfortable, the tab does not start anymore. So I "must" upgrade from the rooted Stck FW JB to a customer FW with Kitkat.
About the problem with the recogning of the touchpad during multiball, I play with thinking, to buy a Samsung Tab Pro 12.2.
Now - to keep my points over the years ( Yes I buy the table up from Sessin1) and I'm not finish with all Mastergoals ( some missing) I should root the brandnew Tab ( I haven't buy in this moment) . After root, I lost my warrenty (2Y) in total :( and also the Tab will not make anymore an OTA. I'm not afraid to root a device, but it's early enough, if Samsung kick out the device from support ...

Here from my point : Please add a possibility or move the savefile to a place, which could be reachable with normal rights
THX

You don't need to root to move your TPA scores and goals to a new device.

You can use an app called Helium, here... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

I use this myself to get my scores to my un-rooted phone.
Only slight problem, is it won't work with the TPA table files in place, it's too much data, so you need to move them or delete them prior to transfer of data.

The table files are in a location which is non-root reliant, its path is here...
/MNT/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/COM.FARSIGHT.ANDROIDPINBALL.JAVAPROJECT/FILES/...

I know it's not ideal, but it does work for non-rooted devices, at least until something better comes in.
Hope this helps you transfer.
Sorry it's late, only just seen your post.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Thx for replay. If I've a new device, I'll give Helium a try... otherwise must be root an option (so as normal ;) )

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not sure, if the last method works already for our problem:
It's a different, if I try to backup as Non-root or that's our point : restore and write the save file into a partition, where we have as non root no write access

N

netizen

I have used ADB to back up a non-rooted device. It can be a bit of a PITA but it's doable.

Seeing as I have mostly Nexus devices I use the Wugfresh utility and it's oh so easy to do.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
If you could make a backup - however you get it : how is the way to restore. this backup on another tablet without root( the /system /data is mounted only as read for the user) ? In this moment it looks like, that only Helium can do this job...

N

netizen

If you could make a backup - however you get it : how is the way to restore. this backup on another tablet without root( the /system /data is mounted only as read for the user) ? In this moment it looks like, that only Helium can do this job...

Usually the exact same way you made the backup. :/

If you use Helium, or HOLO, whatever you used, you use the App to restore; you may need an intermediate step of moving the back up file from one device to the next. If you use ADB you then use an app, or console commands, on your PC to push the info via debug mode to the device.

Generally backups, from the ones I have done, are saved as a single file. Might need to poke around in the setting and see where it backs up to to determine where to look for the file(s) to move, then be sure to set up the app on the new device the same way.

Mad07

Feb 13, 2013
Issue is now closed for me :
The new tablet arrived today; accu charged and the first action >>> root -> Status sill Original, Knox =0x0 :)

THX everybody for replay

Members online

Members online