Bug ball stuck in gumball loader broke the game

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
This happened to me once so far, so it may just be a weird fluke, but i think i should report it in case others have seen it too.

this is a different issue from the occasional long pause after LITZ.

this occured during what was by farrrr my best game ever, so it was very frustrating! :eek:

i had gone through LITZ several times in the game. something weird happened while the game was auto-loading the gumball machine, though: a ball appeared to become stuck at the apex of the n-shaped wire track that dumps into the gumball machine. it was stationary but making a constant "clack" sound like it was banging against another (invisible?) ball.

i tried waiting, and then nudging, but the game would not load a new ball into the plunger. i then called the attendant. the attendant reset the ball that was stuck at the top of the gumball chute into the plunger, but then the machine loaded a SECOND ball into the plunger as well. uh oh. i shot both out, and played with two for about 3 seconds before one of them drained. at that point, the flippers went dead and it started counting up my bonus, causing the other ball to drain as well.

i hoped things were back to normal, but no. inexplicably, the game loaded two MORE balls into the plunger area :( apparently when two balls drain and it's not multiball, it loads two more?? weird behavior!

i decided to caaaarefully launch only one of the two. unfortunately, the game seemed to know that a ball was still in the plunger area, and when the first ball entered the playfield, the flippers would not respond, causing the launched ball to immediately drain. it then immediately loaded another second ball into the plunger. i was screwed -- there didn't seem to be any way to stop it from loading two balls at once, and no way to not immediately lose them since the flippers go dead if a) either ball drains or b) either ball remains in the plunger.

the bug occured when i was at 6 billion on my first ball with a full stack of extra balls, and the game ended at about 6.3 billion -- just under my previous high score :(

oh -- i should mention this was on an iPad 2.

Last edited:

iguanarama

Dec 20, 2012
This happened to me once so far, so it may just be a weird fluke, but i think i should report it in case others have seen it too.

Yeah I've had it too. The ball gets stuck in the metal ring leading into the gumball machine, and I think the continuous clicking sound is the mechanism trying to release the ball that it knows should be in there, as the sensor tracked it firing into the gumball machine.

I've had this happen several times; one time only, the gumball machine released two balls at once and caused a problem up there, but all the other times it was the above problem. When I'm on a high score, I hold my breath when I go into the gumball machine. :)

Members online

Members online