Ball through flippers bug is now fixed

Mike Reitmeyer

FarSight Employee
Mar 13, 2012
There was a bug posted on the forums here about the ball going through the flippers. I'm having trouble finding where that post was, so I figured I would post this here since the fix affects all tables.

The issue had a video that showed if you flipped at the tip of one flipper, then quickly flipped the other flipper the flipper would go through the ball and not hit it.

I was able to find a fix for that bug today.

Nov 13, 2012
Very nice!

I seemed to encounter this more when in a multiball mode and flipping when two balls were vertically directly above a flipper. The ball touching the flipper would pass through and I'd hit the upper ball. Glad it's fixed!

Sinistar

Jun 20, 2012
There was a bug posted on the forums here about the ball going through the flippers. I'm having trouble finding where that post was, so I figured I would post this here since the fix affects all tables.

The issue had a video that showed if you flipped at the tip of one flipper, then quickly flipped the other flipper the flipper would go through the ball and not hit it.

I was able to find a fix for that bug today.

Let's hear it for Mike , though I never witnessed the bug , Im sure we are all glad it's resolved . You're a company asset and a credit to the game.

David Pannozzo

Mar 6, 2012
I have tried to find the ball through the flipper bug, but I can't find it on either my Xbox 360, Playstation 3, or Playstation Vita. I have not had bugs on any system, I guess I got lucky. Know when I was playing Visual Pinball version 8.1 on my computer, I always saw the ball go through the flipper on most tables. Then when Visual pinball 9.0 came out (Destruk) and his team fixed that problem, I keep watching and I'll let you know if that bug gets one of my systems.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
You are indeed lucky if you haven't seen ths bug. I experience it just about every time I play. Many times it happens very fast, or during multiball, so you might not notice it unless you're specifically looking for it.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
You are indeed lucky if you haven't seen ths bug. I experience it just about every time I play. Many times it happens very fast, or during multiball, so you might not notice it unless you're specifically looking for it.
Or if you're like me, you assume it was your own poor play rather than a bug. It'll be interesting to see if my scores improve any now that this is fixed.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Great news!
This is my favorite thing to hear from you guys. Feedback on the fixes and improvements that you're making.
Thanks for letting us know!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts