BAM for Future Pinball - 3D effect with 2D equipment

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
So how does this technology work?

I take it the camera holder is wearing some kind of device that transmits his location witihin the room, and the renderer is constantly updating the image in relation to that?

If that's the case, what sort of hit is there in frame rate?

Carl Spiby

Feb 28, 2012
So how does this technology work?

I take it the camera holder is wearing some kind of device that transmits his location witihin the room, and the renderer is constantly updating the image in relation to that?

If that's the case, what sort of hit is there in frame rate?

He's using the 'camera' from 2 wii remotes and he's wearing an IR emitter (just an IR led wired to a battery).

The performance hit isn't very significant in comparison to using face tracking with a webcam.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
FYI I have tried the "ps3eye" mode (uses the ps3 eye camera), no other devices required as it uses face tracking. Although in my current setup, I am having some tracking issues, no doubt because the ps3eye is sitting on top of the backbox; it is still an incredible achievement and it is blowing the socks off anyone trying my cab. There are many settings you can adjust to help with the tracking, the developer of BAM has done wonders here.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Here is a demo of BAM on my pincab, using the PS3 Eyetoy module. As mentioned above, only special hardware is a $15 used PS3 Eyetoy camera, nothing else.

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Here is a demo of BAM on my pincab, using the PS3 Eyetoy module. As mentioned above, only special hardware is a $15 used PS3 Eyetoy camera, nothing else.

Thanks for sharing!

Looks good but as you say, not as accurate looking as the Wiimote set-up. Sense of depth looks a little shallow too, do you think this is down to the height of the camera?

Hope you can post some more vids of your set-up soon. Any chance you could post one during gameplay?

Members online

Members online