BAM for Future Pinball - 3D effect with 2D equipment

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Hi,

1 - the depth has to do with the settings I have used, I think I need to adjust the z camera a bit more. Camera is completely configurable within Bam.

2 - will do more vids, any special requests?

3 - wiimote is more accurate for sure but, the graphics/camera angle is no different, but the frame rate should be better as there is less CPU cycles used for led tracking. Also wiimote is more accurate but surprisingly the ps3 eye is darn good.

4 - will post one of gameplay but, will need to wait until next Monday as I am alone this weekend so kind of hard to do :)

5 - yes, I want zen and FS to support this in the future :)

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
TOTAN does not exist in Future Pinball (I believe). I know its coming in the (near) future as there is a full redraw of the plastics being done. it will look fantastic! CFTBL is doable and Funhouse is too but Rudy does look a little different than he usually does, so be warned :)

kimkom

Jan 28, 2013
Hi,

1 - the depth has to do with the settings I have used, I think I need to adjust the z camera a bit more. Camera is completely configurable within Bam.

4 - will post one of gameplay but, will need to wait until next Monday as I am alone this weekend so kind of hard to do :)

Nice one :) Thanks.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
So how does this technology work?

I take it the camera holder is wearing some kind of device that transmits his location witihin the room, and the renderer is constantly updating the image in relation to that?

If that's the case, what sort of hit is there in frame rate?

It's actually surprisingly simple!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOmVKqNHX7M

FarSight should REALLY consider something like this :D The biggest problem I have with basically all virtual pinball is being unable to get a genuine feeling of how the table is constructed, with a true depth field. Seeing some TPA tables IRL that I had never seen before, really changed my perception of them.

ralfpaul

May 20, 2013
It's actually surprisingly simple!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOmVKqNHX7M

FarSight should REALLY consider something like this :D The biggest problem I have with basically all virtual pinball is being unable to get a genuine feeling of how the table is constructed, with a true depth field. Seeing some TPA tables IRL that I had never seen before, really changed my perception of them.

Agree, FS should consider this for the cab mode. As the TPA tables are already renderred 3D, it should not be a huge issue to implement this. Even without head tracking ( and without PS3 cam or MS kinect) it is possible to improve feel for depth: Just change cameraposition in x/y/z direction simultaneously according to the ball position. I really hope FS will implement such an option in their planned cab version. I would be willing to pay some extra money for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts