Best custom ball to use for dark brightness setting?

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
So far, I've got the season 1 pack, the star trek pack and the addams family pack.
What ball do you think is best to use so you can see the best when playing in the darkest setting? I kind of like the lightbulb one, but does that one disable goals/leaderboards?
Also are there any other balls that have effects like the electricity shooting out and paper trails in the addams family pack?
If I have to buy another pack to get the best ball that doesn't disable goals/leaderboards, I'm ok with that.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Edit: Scratch all that. I totally ignored the fact you were asking about dark brightness settings. I find every ball a bit harder to see in the dark setting than normal. I suppose if you want it to be otherwise use normal brightness. ;)

Last edited:

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
Lol, I kinda wish I saw your response earlier. I like the flashing lights so I play the dark settings to get maximum flash :cool:. It's a tradeoff I guess. Does anyone know if using the lightbulb disables goals/leaderboards?

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Not sure if the bulb ball prevents scores from posting to the leaderboards. It isn't really brighter than the standard ball, though (much to my disappointment!). I use the green ball, it seems to be the easiest one for me to see in dark areas--unless the table has a lot of green, in which case I use the blue ball.

I am ever so vaguely hoping that if the DX11 update ever comes out for PC and they get the same lighting mode the PS4 has, people there will complain they can't see the balls in dim areas and FarSight will magically make their highlights shine brightly, like proper highlights, so they can be seen. And then they'd put that fix on the PS4 version, too. ... Not that I really expect any of that to happen, but it would be nice. : o

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
OK, I tried the lightbulb ball today and it allowed me to unlock goals and get on the leaderboard. Unfortunately you are right that it's not much of a difference in brightness. I was hoping that it would work like a moving light and light up the areas around it, but no dice.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Yeah I was hoping it would just be bright itself. Ohhh well! Good to know about the leaderboard though.

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Lol, I kinda wish I saw your response earlier.

You didn't miss anything. If it was anything remotely clever I'd leave it there after the edit. Mostly just mentioning I like the greenish ball on BK/BK2000 for contrast (those that are red/green color blind would disagree I'm sure) and my penchant for using the smiley face ball on ST:TNG. Can't explain that one, but it's what I do. ;)

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
With the latest update, the lightbulb ball now works like you expect it to. It's very bright now and acts like a moving light. Awesome!:cool:

W1LDD ONE

Jul 21, 2013
Awesome! I'am off to try this out on my PS4 now I did my update Friday night.
I hate the regular ball in Dark Mode ridiculous.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
Oh man! I wonder why it cycles between off and on, though? (Same with the lightbulb-in-the-mouth one.) A bit counterproductive for a dark-mode night-light when it goes off half the time--unfortunately!

ROQ

Jul 30, 2015
would be nice if farsight would add an illuminated ball in to the game for the dark brightness setting.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I use the standard ball with lighting set between 0 and 10% using Mike's 'Brighten Ball' option in the config utility options launched from Steam. Works really well.

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
I use the standard ball with lighting set between 0 and 10% using Mike's 'Brighten Ball' option in the config utility options launched from Steam. Works really well.

This is the PS4 board. The PS4 version doesn't have that option. : ppp

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
That would be a example of "GOOD" DlC, I am already thinking "TAKE MY MONEY!" But sadly not a lot of companies like "Good" Dlc

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.