Request Blackwater 100

heavydskipp

May 31, 2012
Never played this table. It looks really cool. How bout bringing this one to TPA along with Data East TMNT. Thanks guys waiting fingers crossed.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
TNMT sucks, video game with two linked machines on the other hand was great.
but +1 for Blackwater 100

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Blackwater is a very odd table. The first few times I tried it I didn't realize it starts with multiball and you have to (manually) use the plunger to load the three balls at the gate. Once I figured that out the game started a bit quicker.

But its just too crazy of a table. I don't care for multi-platform games like Haunted House or even Black Knight, but this one takes mutli-platform to a new level. I just found it too difficult to follow all the balls on the table and that alone made the game not fun.

The game looks neat, which is why I played it multiple times, but in the end it just was more frustrating than fun.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Blackwater is a very odd table. The first few times I tried it I didn't realize it starts with multiball and you have to (manually) use the plunger to load the three balls at the gate. Once I figured that out the game started a bit quicker.

But its just too crazy of a table. I don't care for multi-platform games like Haunted House or even Black Knight, but this one takes mutli-platform to a new level. I just found it too difficult to follow all the balls on the table and that alone made the game not fun.

The game looks neat, which is why I played it multiple times, but in the end it just was more frustrating than fun.

Agreed. It looks awesome, but it's a frustrating game for all the reasons you state. I'd rather Banzai Run as a bmx theme table. I do like it better than No Fear though.

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014

I agree with some points. Starting a game with 3 balls is a nice gimmick in the beginning but later it becomes frustrating just like most of multiball modes because you don't have control. But........... I played this one a lot and once you really get to the game it isn't that much confusing. The ramps are quite long and shots are not that difficult which gives enough time to get rid of one ball and use the other one and then gain control again. Not a game for everyone but, IMO, better than Banzai (I really dislike that backglass crap) and far better than No Fear.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
It's definitely a challenging table. Keeping the ball alive is difficult. Very unique design.

Last edited:

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
Blackwater_zpsq1cuw8qk.png

Blackwater2_zpsrtoppyyg.png

It's a little hard to see but for those who have never seen how the game starts you load the 3 starting balls into the gate at the upper right. Once the countdown reaches 0 the gates drop and the 3 balls go into the upper level playing field. It's a challenging table but I like the uniqueness of it. Although unless TPA goes beyond 6-7 seasons I am not sure if the table is popular enough to make it to TPA.

Last edited:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Blackwater 100 was one of the first machines I remember as a kid, in the local bowling alley. I was fascinated by the playfield on the lower arch and for years thought that was a normal feature of pinball machines and thought tables without that were lame. I probably only actually played it like twice (who's got quarters at 8 years old), but walked by it every week for a year or two. I don't think I've ever seen another one to play since then. The Vegas PHoF didn't have it.

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
The Pinball Wizard Arcade has both Blackwater & Banzai. I wouldn't mind having Blackwater in TPA - but absolutely not in place of Banzai Run,which is the much better table IMO.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
+1
Banzai run would be so much better without that ultra pointless and utterly booring backglass gimmick. The same goes for safecracker.

That's what kills Banzai for me too. Playing in the backglass is so clunky, repetitive, and just becomes a chore. I do like the bottom playfield on Banzai though.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I agree with the Banzai Run sentiments. The backbox playfield is a neat gimmick... but ultimately it's a gimmick that isn't all that interesting for gameplay. It's just the exact same sequence of shots every time. It plays like Victory's checkpoints, which is not a ringing endorsement.

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
The Pinball Parlour & The Pinball Wizard Arcade sound like heaven guys! I live in a nowhere area where this kind of place just does not exist. I'd have to go down to Tampa or Miami to find anything like those places. Back in my youth there were one or 2 places with pinball, long gone now. Good thing we have TPA! :)

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
+1
Banzai run would be so much better without that ultra pointless and utterly booring backglass gimmick. The same goes for safecracker.

I love Safecracker because of the backglass board game. I love it.
Blackwater looks awesome. Love the apron playfield and I wish more tables used the apron for play or at least ran a trail through it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts