BlahCade 30: U Interested in a New UI?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Stream/RSS/Download: http://shoutengine.com/BlahCadePodcast/u-interested-in-a-new-ui-13785

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...039748922?mt=2

Blab.im: https://blab.im/BlahCade

Just like a breath of fresh air, we’re back with another interview. Yep, you don’t have to listen to Chris and Jared blab on about stuff (as much) this episode. Instead, listen to Mike, Lee, and Ben from FarSight Studios talk with us live on https://blab.im/BlahCade about some of the big wins and challenges they had with implementing the new UI currently in public beta on Steam PC.

It’s both an enjoyable and informative session so get streaming and let us know if you want to hear more of this type of content by tweeting @Blahcade, @jaredmorgs or @shutyertraps.

Keep an ear out for the BackRoom later in the week.

Segments
  • Intro
  • Greetings and Salutations - 0:45 min
  • UI Blab - 1:30 mins
  • Sponsors and Outro - 38:00 min

Last edited:

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
Very nice :)

I guess all the sound feeds are getting mixed whilst recording so you don't have any options to re-mix before uploading? Would been nice if the interviewees had gotten a little push in level as they where a bit low in level.

Your interview skills beat allot of so called professionals that work in news and/or discussion format. You did not interrupt to much and you let silence in so the interviewed could expand (silence has its own pressure on people who answer questions and sometime they will add more information than an extra question would do).
Keep a tight rein on the will to interrupt and don't fill the silence and you two will soon win the Pulitzer price!

Very nice to hear a bit about head2head and their wish for implementing tournament settings even though that is not on any roadmap, atleast they are thinking about it.
What they did not mentioned when talking about H2H was if you could see your opponent play as you wait your turn - if there was a way to cut down on the data needed to show where the ball was, that is that it should need to be lightweight not to impede on the processing power too much.

Also as you two mentioned, different tournament types would be good for variety; believe they did not quite answer that IIRC?

This was a real treat and very TPA oriented and interesting - Good Job!

Cheers!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Very nice :)

I guess all the sound feeds are getting mixed whilst recording so you don't have any options to re-mix before uploading? Would been nice if the interviewees had gotten a little push in level as they where a bit low in level.

I spent about 40 mins in BandCamp boosting gain of the Farsight guys in post production to Max levels. I couldn't squeeze any more out.

Next time we meet (hopefully they'll come in again) I'll have them all sit close to the mix at their end.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
hehe the answer to the stern app question is *censored* :rolleyes:

I knew we'd be beat up if we failed to ask any Stern App question, but I also knew they probably couldn't answer any. So when they did, I was like, "Sweet!". 15 minutes later we got an email asking if we could remove the answer. *sad trombone*

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I knew we'd be beat up if we failed to ask any Stern App question, but I also knew they probably couldn't answer any. So when they did, I was like, "Sweet!". 15 minutes later we got an email asking if we could remove the answer. *sad trombone*

So what was the answer? ;)

Biff

Sep 18, 2012

yes, no criticism, but farsights constant leaks of information are somehow funny.

Spork98765

Jul 3, 2015
Will the Android version of the UI beta be an open beta, like the PC UI beta was and the Android beta used to be, and thus tested on a greater range of devices, or is it going to be done in the closed group?

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Will the Android version of the UI beta be an open beta, like the PC UI beta was and the Android beta used to be, and thus tested on a greater range of devices, or is it going to be done in the closed group?
I'd assume it will be done through Google plus like it is now.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.