Brunswick Pro Bowling - New Farsight Game

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's a question...

I'm assuming that in order to do a proper bowling game, ball spin is involved? If so, might this be the gateway to getting ball spin into TPA?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
OMG-it-Spins_c_112725.jpg

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here's a question...

I'm assuming that in order to do a proper bowling game, ball spin is involved? If so, might this be the gateway to getting ball spin into TPA?

Well considering they made the first brunswick game before TPA, I'm guessing probably not. My hunch is that this is probably just a rehash of that game with updated graphics, the features mentioned above, etc. similar to how Orbals was a remake of one of their older games (what ever happened to Orbals, btw?).

[MENTION=580]Heretic[/MENTION] lmao

Last edited:

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
IGN isn't a good website. They give games everyone hates like Skyward Sword a 10/10 and they give critically acclaimed games like the new Pokemon games a 7.8/10 strictly because of "too much water".

I hope this isn't a failure for FarSight and I hope it doesn't go through the same infamy Orbals has.

A lot of Farsight's games have been stinkers, one even rated as "One of the worst games of all time".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Party

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I've played a few games of this recently, and the game is a bit of a mess on an iPad Air 2. The UI features a really small font, with things that aren't lining up properly.

my biggest issue is with the game itself. There's no sense of speed with the ball. It just slowly goes down the lane and bumps into some pins, which then fall over. I've played some other bowling games on PS3, and the ball blasts down the lane and slams into the pins, sending them flying. There's nothing like that here.

TomL

Mar 12, 2013
I've played their newly released Android version. There's something wonky with the swipe detection. Most of the time it's fine, then sometimes it thinks you wanted to throw a gutterball angled to the far right. Ugh.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I've played a few games of this recently, and the game is a bit of a mess on an iPad Air 2. The UI features a really small font, with things that aren't lining up properly.

my biggest issue is with the game itself. There's no sense of speed with the ball. It just slowly goes down the lane and bumps into some pins, which then fall over. I've played some other bowling games on PS3, and the ball blasts down the lane and slams into the pins, sending them flying. There's nothing like that here.

Same on Android. No sense of speed or excitement. I want to be able to thrust the ball at high speed from time to time without the feeling of it being constrained. Also I feel it would be better to pull the ball back to bowl. Another thing that is bad are the limited sound effects. There is no feeling of a real alley. Plus the sounds of the pins falling seems to play 1-2 seconds after the ball hits them. Feels like it was rushed, but with a few tweaks (days of effort I would say) it could be greatly improved.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
id honestly be more shocked if they did pull it off, orbals scared the hell outta me.

god bless them they do try!

edit - also fuzzy controls itd be insane to use the real money gimmick

Last edited:

JJH516

Banned
Jun 4, 2014
I've played a few games of this recently, and the game is a bit of a mess.

Thanks for the review, I've been waiting for one, now I won't bother wasting my time. It was pretty much what I expected.

Re-making games they've previously done that failed miserably is not one of their strong suits. :p

mpad

Jan 26, 2014
Aaaaah the time that could have been spent on TPA...
The best thing is the tiny possibility of big lebowski though

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
i do really like bowling with friends but how complex can yiu make this game? smething to sink yiur teeth into

happy to give it a try at least

I really enjoy PBA Bowling Challenge on mobile, great pin physics (occaisonal weirdness though), and cool tournament structure. Not to mention one of the fairest feeling F2P models I've ever seen, including balls that give you energy (your limiting resource) every time you get a strike. I'll be comparing this to it.

MWink

Jan 13, 2013
I was looking at this, thinking about giving it a try, till I saw the list of permissions. Why does this game have such an extensive list of permissions?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
I really enjoy PBA Bowling Challenge on mobile, great pin physics (occaisonal weirdness though), and cool tournament structure. Not to mention one of the fairest feeling F2P models I've ever seen, including balls that give you energy (your limiting resource) every time you get a strike. I'll be comparing this to it.

I really enjoy this game too. Reminds me of Gutterball by Skunk Studios. Brings back memories.

Naildriver74

Aug 2, 2013
I have been playing this often. I like it a lot.
The sounds of the pins crashing brings back the past playing in an old ally that didn't have automatic pin setters.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.