Camera issues

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Hi Zsolt et al,

Loving the game - thanks! Bought a gold subscription within 5 minutes of installing it. I realise you've been working hard to get it out of the door, but here are a couple of problems I'm having.

1) Views 5, 6, and 7 clip the bottom of the flippers, even with the ball resting on them (2012 Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2).

2) It sometimes feels like the camera is trailing the ball, and would be better if it led it slightly. I realise that's only partly possible when you don't know which way the ball is going to be going ahead of time, without making it very jumpy, but I think it could use a tweak - particularly noticeable with outlanes sometimes. Maybe this could be adjustable... which leads me to:

3) Customiseable cameras is an awesome idea, but I'm afraid I don't understand it at all. I think the camera screen needs a 'help screen', and perhaps a reset button too. What am I doing? Am I altering the camera presets permanently, or just until I switch camera mode? Do the four camera positions at the bottom represent positions the camera slides into? Does this affect all tables or just this one?

Great work so far!

Cheers, Mike.

Last edited:

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
Hi Zsolt et al,

Loving the game - thanks! Bought a gold subscription within 5 minutes of installing it. I realise you've been working hard to get it out of the door, but here are a couple of problems I'm having.

1) Views 5, 6, and 7 clip the bottom of the flippers, even with the ball resting on them (2012 Nexus 12, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2).

2) It sometimes feels like the camera is trailing the ball, and would be better if it led it slightly. I realise that's only partly possible when you don't know which way the ball is going to be going ahead of time, without making it very jumpy, but I think it could use a tweak - particularly noticeable with outlanes sometimes. Maybe this could be adjustable... which leads me to:

3) Customiseable cameras is an awesome idea, but I'm afraid I don't understand it at all. I think the camera screen needs a 'help screen', and perhaps a reset button too. What am I doing? Am I altering the camera presets permanently, or just until I switch camera mode? Do the four camera positions at the bottom represent positions the camera slides into? Does this affect all tables or just this one?

Great work so far!

Cheers, Mike.
Cameras 4,5,6 & 7 are the customisable view cameras, so if one of these is clipping, it's because you need to tweek the camera settings.
In custom camera gui at the bottom are 4 dots, which represent camera 4,5,6,7 so make sure the correct one is picked.

I'd definitely support a view lock button for custom cams as suggested already elsewhere, but do like the panning cams when set correctly.

Flipper bump

Jan 20, 2014
Last edited:

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Thanks, I've got my head around it now...

I still think it needs a bit more explanation in the menus though - it would especially help if the buttons at the bottom were labelled with the camera numbers, and 'dead zone' should maybe be called 'Pan dead zone' or something.

Cheers.

mikehg

Feb 5, 2014
Also, it might be good if the maximum movement settings for 'dead zone' and 'camera slide' tracked the ball perfectly. At the moment it's not really possible to use narrow FOV at all - the camera tends to lose the ball once it accelerates.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Also, it might be good if the maximum movement settings for 'dead zone' and 'camera slide' tracked the ball perfectly. At the moment it's not really possible to use narrow FOV at all - the camera tends to lose the ball once it accelerates.

yes I raised this in another thread. I find on some tables the camera cannot keep up with the ball, especially where the ball is released onto the middle of table.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.