PS3 - Bug Camera stuck on gumball machine after starting powerball multiball

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Camera stuck on gumball machine

Got the powerball, returned it to the gumball machine up the far right lane. When the camera zoomed up to the gumball machine and started the multiball, the camera never snapped back. Had to play the whole rest of the ball blind, just hammering the flippers. Pressing the camera change button was a no go.

I know every little detail could possibly help, so I'll also add that I was hammering on the flipper buttons a bit while waiting for the mode to start.

Edit: this evidently can happen on any gumball machine shot where the camera zooms up to it. Also, the other balls in the machine seem to vanish when this glitch happens.

Last edited:

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
This also happened on the Vita last night, although it was just a regular gumball load shot.

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
I had the same issue on PS3 as well. was amazed how long I lasted not seeing anything. Feel a bit ashamed it was longer that most turns I can see on.

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
Happened to me again just now on Vita. That's three times (once on PS3, twice on Vita) within 24 hours of getting this game and not really spending much time on it yet.

Another tidbit I noticed: On Vita, when it happens, the other balls in the gumball machine vanish. Then after losing the ball with the camera stuck, it sort of fixes for the next ball, but it's still screwed up: you can't get the plunger view, so you can't measure the skill shot, and then there's other weirdness with the way the camera pans and zooms at times... for the rest of the game.

I'd say this is definitely a game breaker right now.

Marcel Carlier

Jan 3, 2013
This happened to me too on the PS Vita. I had a good game without any glitches. I made it to LITZ and the game restarted. The camera got stuck when I got the first powerball from the Gumball machine. I just started flipping untill I lost the ball. Luckily it was on the 3rd ball, so no big loss there. But still it shouldn't have happened.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
happened to me on PS3 twice same game. this zoom in on the gumball machine is unnecessary I dont jam my face against the glass really quick when I lock a ball, WE GET IT FS! you can render a gumball machine WOW! and when it starts gumball multiball it doesn't zoom out fast enough and 1 ball passes the upper right flipper before you can see whats going on. BOOOOO!

phreaker47

Jul 15, 2012
happened to me on PS3 twice same game. this zoom in on the gumball machine is unnecessary I dont jam my face against the glass really quick when I lock a ball, WE GET IT FS! you can render a gumball machine WOW! and when it starts gumball multiball it doesn't zoom out fast enough and 1 ball passes the upper right flipper before you can see whats going on. BOOOOO!

Noticed that too! And that's not even part of this glitch.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
This cost me 2 balls on my highscore run, I wonder what my score might have been without this. I dont want to attempt another 3 hour game until this is fixed. Everytime it goes in the gumball machine I start cursing DONT YOU F'ing STAY!

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Any way to turn all the zooming off! Like on CV ring master FH rudy face TZ gumball its fine the first couple times but when it zooms in and out for no reason gets annoying. FULL CAMERA LOCK PLEASE!

K

Korven

Sv: Camera stuck on gumball machine after starting powerball multiball

Any way to turn all the zooming off! Like on CV ring master FH rudy face TZ gumball its fine the first couple times but when it zooms in and out for no reason gets annoying. FULL CAMERA LOCK PLEASE!

+1! $#@! Dr Dude!

ostrich2

Feb 26, 2013
I have also encountered this issue - actually I can get it quite regularly - it's only a small proportion of the number of times the ball goes up into the gumball, but on a long game that's over a couple billion you're pretty much guaranteed to hit it at least once in my experience. I also believe I hit it once on just a regular load of the gumball (not when starting powerball multiball) but I'm not absolutely sure of that.

Since it is mentioned above that a fix in the works hopefully this will clear up - I will mention just for the record a couple of other things I noticed - one is that a couple of times I've seen the camera not move at all when the gumball goes up, which probably is a manifestation of the same underlying issue (although at least it doesn't cause any real problem for gameplay when it happens that way). The other is that I wonder whether this problem is also related to one I've noticed on several tables (not just TZ) where the table seems to lose track of where a ball is, even when it's no longer in play or stuck somewhere that it's not going to come out of (as is also indicated by the fact that calling the attendant fails to acknowledge the ball as stuck). When this glitch happens, it seems like the table has lost track of the fact that there are other balls in play that should trigger the camera to return to its standard position, and once unfortunately your balls inevitably drain and a new ball appears at the plunger, the camera returns to the proper position, it's as if something has triggered it again to move.

I'd still want to have a closeup view of the powerfield for just regular single ball Battle The Power up into the mag flippers - for single ball I find it does make it a lot easier to get the ball up into the target with a closer view of the field.

Apr 8, 2012
I encountered this problem 3 times in a 7.7 billion point game (would have been a lot more). Once it occurred, it kept reappearing each time I got into powerball multiball.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Interesting though after the camera locks on the gumball after powerball and the ball drains next couple shots to the gumball machine it doesn't zoom in on it, and it looks just fine. Make it like that PLEASE! Every game this happens for me and it takes a few gumball locks but eventually it will happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.