Cannot move scores from old iPad to new iPad

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
Cheers, all. I've finally replaced my own original iPad with a new Air, so I'd like to move all the scores that my son and I have accumulated on my wife's iPad over to the new one. And I can't make it work no matter what I do.

I've tried backup from the old one, restoring to the new one, both "local" and "remote," whatever those mean. (I'm unclear what the difference is.) I am currently logged into the same Farsight account and the same Game Center account on both iPads.

I've tried moving all the pba*.dat files over manually from one to the other in iExplorer.

Nothing I do appears to change anything at all on the new iPad Air.

Am I completely misunderstanding how this is supposed to work? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
on the old iPad make sure signed in to FS. Back up to remote. On the new iPad sign in to FS and restore backup data from remote

Vercingetorix

Mar 12, 2012
on the old iPad make sure signed in to FS. Back up to remote. On the new iPad sign in to FS and restore backup data from remote

This seemed like the obvious approach, so I tried it several times before posting the question. It did not work.

At some point I tried logging out of my Farsight account and logging back in, to see if that made a difference. It wiped all the high scores off my old iPad, and I've been unable to "restore from remote" back to it either. So now I've lost all my 8 year old son's high scores trying to do this.

I still have all the pba*.dat files from the old iPad from before I ever started this whole process, but apparently directly copying them into the "Private Documents" directory doesn't work anymore either. If anybody has any suggestions how I can use them to get the high scores back, I'd love to here them.

This process is broken. My boy's going to be devastated. He spent hours setting some of these high scores and they appear to be gone.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts