PC - Request Change Rumble / Force Feedback ?

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
While I do enjoy the rumble feature of an XBOX360 controller with TPA, I find it excessive. For example, the rumble motor spins when the ball lightly touches the flipper, or when the ball passes a rollover, or flips a spinner, etc. Too much!
Is there a way to turn this down? Say, the rumble only really needs to happen when the ball hits a pop bumper or sling shot, or with simulated shaker motor (Earthshaker, Road Show, etc.)

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
While I do enjoy the rumble feature of an XBOX360 controller with TPA, I find it excessive. For example, the rumble motor spins when the ball lightly touches the flipper, or when the ball passes a rollover, or flips a spinner, etc. Too much!
Is there a way to turn this down? Say, the rumble only really needs to happen when the ball hits a pop bumper or sling shot, or with simulated shaker motor (Earthshaker, Road Show, etc.)

Sorry, there isn't a way to adjust the rumble except for turning it on or off. Is it only excessive on certain tables?

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
Hi [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION]
It's on all the tables I've played (which is most of them). It's little things in the pinball game that causes a controller vibration/rumble, when (in my opinion) it should not. Such as:
if I cradle the pinball with a flipper, then fling the ball up the table
when the pinball hits a spinner
when the pinball goes down an outlane, or around an orbit
when the pinball drains
sometimes when the score is updated on the DMD (after a ball has drained)
even when the ball is barely moving and touches a rubber bumper or rollover.
etc.
It seems the vibration/rumble is based on the pinball and not what's actually happening on the table. Maybe??
Though, it's very logical that a rumble should occur when the ball touches a pop-bumper, touches a sling-shot, hit by the ball shooter, thrown back on the playfield via kickback; or when a shaker motor would spin. Ie. events that are actually felt in a real pinball machine.
I found the setting to disable vibration. Sadly enough, for now it's OFF.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Are you not able to adjust the rumble affect via the controller or the software running it? I use a PS4 controller via DS4 Windows and can do just that. Maybe you can do something similar in the controller settings on your computer, not within the TPA program? Funny thing is, I love a good rumble. I was previously using a Logitech f710 controller and the vibration was very muted within TPA and that annoyed me to no end.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.