Request Check for table updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

netizen

So, now we have to go to this sub menu each time the app is updated?

Rather than placing a download all button on the carousel selection screen when new tables are available, one has to go out of their way to look and see IF new tables are available. This is as bad as having to scroll through the whole list each time an update occurs to determine if anything was updated due to no changelogs, no table version numbering, no info with each version push to tell the end user what has been updated.

This is a Communication issue, along with design. I realize that the new UI is lost in Limbo, but put some thought to use, form and function.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
I may not be being clear hear. Everything is EXACTLY the same as it use to be when it comes to downloading tables, updating tables and everything else. Nothing has changed. The only thing that has been added is an option to update the rez files on existing tables that you have downloaded. So, if you don't play the pinball arcade for a few months, and you come back to the game, you may hit the "update all" button and the new VERSIONS of any tables that have been updated will be downloaded. New tables will automatically be put on the carousel when the app is updated. You should only go to this sub menu if you haven't played the game for a while, or just want to see if any of your existing, downloaded tables have gotten a version bump.

N

netizen

Exactly the same, which means no info on what has been changed and having to scroll the carousel each update to see if a new Rez file version has been pushed.

This is in part to Zero information in the next to nonexistent changelogs, devs forgetting to bump version numbers on the rez files, which for whatever reason Android users cannot see but iOS can.

This isn't a don't use TPA for a few months, it's an every update sort of feature, especially with 5 pushed updates in one week and no idea of which rez files are/were updated in any of the updates; short of doing everyone's favourite scroll through 50 tables to hear the FS theme song.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
I may not be being clear hear. Everything is EXACTLY the same as it use to be when it comes to downloading tables, updating tables and everything else. Nothing has changed. The only thing that has been added is an option to update the rez files on existing tables that you have downloaded. So, if you don't play the pinball arcade for a few months, and you come back to the game, you may hit the "update all" button and the new VERSIONS of any tables that have been updated will be downloaded. New tables will automatically be put on the carousel when the app is updated. You should only go to this sub menu if you haven't played the game for a while, or just want to see if any of your existing, downloaded tables have gotten a version bump.

You don't also work on the Vita, do you? 😉

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
Exactly the same, which means no info on what has been changed and having to scroll the carousel each update to see if a new Rez file version has been pushed.

This is in part to Zero information in the next to nonexistent changelogs, devs forgetting to bump version numbers on the rez files, which for whatever reason Android users cannot see but iOS can.

This isn't a don't use TPA for a few months, it's an every update sort of feature, especially with 5 pushed updates in one week and no idea of which rez files are/were updated in any of the updates; short of doing everyone's favourite scroll through 50 tables to hear the FS theme song.

well, it's not the same.
First, now we can update all at once. Which by itself is a huge step forward. I don't have to spend 30 minutes entering and exiting tables just in case some of them have an update.
Second, didn't try that new update, but he said now we can see which tables were updated because I complaind about lack of that info.
Third, option is in "manage tables" section which is quite fine. I found it there at first because I expected it to be there. Maybe it is just me but common sense told me to look there and not to expect something like that at table selection screen.
Regarding the version number, don't actually see the point in that info. On android at least. With each new TPA version you can't play older table version if newer one is available. So technicaly, one is always at the latest. Do we really care what number is that?
I agree that some things between FS-community-TPA itself-already published tables could and should improve but IMO, with this we got exactly what we wanted. And we got it pretty damn fast so there's nothing to complain. Not this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.