Confused about iPhone 5/5S

Feb 19, 2014
So I recently got a 5S and I'm happy with the lighter weight, ios7 runs a touch quicker than it did on my 4S, the screen is taller obviously, and some games (Crazy Taxi is now 60fps vs 30-45ish on my 4S) run better.

Pinball arcade is a wierd one though. First thing you notice is the color is a little better, and sharper, and of course you have more room to see more of the table. But Alpha Numerical display games the display looks stretched... Like, stretched -horizontally- not vertically (though if it's stretched vertically maybe as it does look a touch "squashed").

This confuses me as I was to understand the phone only increased vertical res, with horizontal res staying the same.

By this same token, why do tables appear more detailed? Judging by the look you would think the entire resolution was raised not just the vertical resolution.

So perhaps someone who better understands resolution and image quality can explain to me what I'm seeing here. Thank you.

And overall I'm very happy with the game and new phone, but it can be a bit jarring after playing on ps4. The game was already 60fps on my 4s so it kinda makes you wish for enhanced graphics option on a phone with 3X the power. But I'm not complaining, still looks great for on the go pinball :)

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
By this same token, why do tables appear more detailed? Judging by the look you would think the entire resolution was raised not just the vertical resolution.
The entire resolution (AFAIK) was not changed but the level of detail rendering used on the faster/newer iOS devices is MUCH higher.

Feb 19, 2014
The entire resolution (AFAIK) was not changed but the level of detail rendering used on the faster/newer iOS devices is MUCH higher.

Oh ok that makes sense.

Don't want to start a new thread for this , but I'm experiencing dropped and delayed inputs. It's very strange, and I'm wondering if it's the game or the phone. I don't want to take a perfectly good phone back to the store if that's the case...

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I used to play on my iPhone 4S but then I tried it on the iPad. It's like comparing a cheese sandwich to a large super supreme meat feast pizza with extra toppings. Try it. On eBay or in cash converters type pawn shops you can pick up early iPads cheap now. You won't regret it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts