Confused about sale -PS4

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
I have read a sale was in effect that would half the prices of season packs 1 & 2, I see the price change on steam but not on my ps4, the packs are suppose to be 14.99 right? are the days different for ps4, if so what days do the packs become discounted? thanks for any help..Also I have bought some of these tables before on ps3, this will not make me unable to get the discount season will it? thanks again

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I have read a sale was in effect that would half the prices of season packs 1 & 2, I see the price change on steam but not on my ps4, the packs are suppose to be 14.99 right? are the days different for ps4, if so what days do the packs become discounted? thanks for any help..Also I have bought some of these tables before on ps3, this will not make me unable to get the discount season will it? thanks again

Welcome to the TPA fan boards!

Is this sale "Steam only", or across all platforms? Steam is usually generous with sales, but their sales are not usually concurrent with game consoles.

If this sale is supposed to be across all platforms, it may take a few days to show up on PSN.
On a side note, you could've had ALL tables for free for a couple of days last week due to a glitch in the latest patch. Sorry, but it's since been corrected.

There aren't any restrictions on season passes that I am aware of. Even if you bought some of the tables, you can still get it to complete the season. The subject of cross-buy (between PS3, PS4, and the Vita) has been a sore subject for TPA fans. Many PlayStation games now support it, but TPA currently doesn't. So if you buy the tables for, say the PS3, and you want them for the Vita and the PS4, you have to buy them on each platform. This is where the discounts come inhandy for those wanting TPA on all three platforms. Again, no restrictions on purchasing season pass discounts but what money you have.

Hope this helps.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Yes there is a psn sale, for the US at least. See the tpa facebook page. But it isnt up yet. Another miscommunication between sony and farsight I guess.

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
Thanks for the welcome! great to be here , Okay am I missing the point of this sale or something lol I mean it is for season pass for season 1 and 2 right? I mean it's just to buy the tables right? Because now that I see the discounted season 1 pack it says I can't buy them because I don't own some packs on the ps3 version lol I have no idea what it going on, pinball arcade is making it hard to give them money

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Ps4 should have nothing to do with anyhting you bought on ps3. Are you sure you arent trying to buy the 'pro upgrade'. Cause you cant buy that without having the season pack iy is supposed to upgrade (obviously).

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
Yeah I am very sure it doesn't say pro upgrade. it just says bundle. not sure what I should type in to get to the 50% off season pass 1 lol they made this very very hard or I may be missing something here

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Ps4 should have nothing to do with anyhting you bought on ps3. Are you sure you arent trying to buy the 'pro upgrade'. Cause you cant buy that without having the season pack iy is supposed to upgrade (obviously). By the way, I still see normal prices for the seasons (at leasr for S2. I dont think the saleprices are adjusted.

War Bot

Jul 29, 2015
Okay yes I finally understand what was going on! I was confused by alot of the wording on the psn store..I saw discounted, so I thought that was the sale, it was not the sale it was the upgrade as you said. but it didnt say upgrade or anything in it's title, sorry this can be very confusing! and as you said the discounted [SALE] prices are not up even though they were suppose to start yesterday..thanks your patients and trying to help bavelb I am very thankful

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
No problem, ill be sure to mention when the prices are updated here for the US psn store (as thats the one I want them for considering I got S1 at a sale on is store at xmas...).

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
PSN updates/sales are generally only on Tuesdays except when they are doing their Flash sales which TPA presumably would not be included in. So it might not be until next Tuesday that it starts and maybe Farsight didn't communicate this properly.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
The sale is up on psn now. Season 2 for ps4 at least (cant see season 1 as I have it already)

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
Is the base game on PS3 normally $10 or $20? I was about to buy the S1 and S2 packs, then realized I only own TPA through my PS+ subscription, so if the subscription isn't activated I wouldn't be able to play the game.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Season 1 buys you the basegame. I bought it last year and get the 4 tables with it. And im fairly sure they changed it by now that the base game is the free version (incl.totan).

Baltimore Jones

Jul 25, 2013
Hm I'm not so sure about that - for PS3, not PS4? The store still lists the base game and doesn't have a description, but it's $9.99 right now and the pictures are of the 4 "base" tables. The Season 1 pack description also does not mention it as including any of the 4 "base" tables.

It's actually unavailable for me to purchase anyway, probably because I "own" it through PS+, so it's a moot point until I get to test it.

I won't get to test it until October since my PS3 is across the country. :(

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
On ps4 they have both base game and S1 for sale for same.prices you mention. I figured id get s1 on top of the free version (totan) and to my surprise it opened up TOM RBION and BH. Was quite happy with that. Lots of tables for 15 bucks.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.