Creating A Steam Account

ZREXMike

Jul 30, 2015
Was messing around on the laptop & decided to try TPA demo for pc, even though my computer is a few years old. Always says my password is too short, no matter how long I make it, & no matter if I try to reg at their website or from the Steam app. Any clues on this? No big deal as I use Xbox 360 for most TPA play anyway. Thanks.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Was messing around on the laptop & decided to try TPA demo for pc, even though my computer is a few years old. Always says my password is too short, no matter how long I make it, & no matter if I try to reg at their website or from the Steam app. Any clues on this? No big deal as I use Xbox 360 for most TPA play anyway. Thanks.

This is from Steam's own support page regarding their password policies:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478

Select a Strong Password
A strong password is a necessary first step toward ensuring the security of your account. Your password should meet all of the minimum requirements listed below:
  • Use at least 6 characters
  • Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
  • Include at least one number within the password
  • Do not use a name, a word that could be found in the dictionary, or a series of letters as it appears on the keyboard ("qwerty" and "12345" are not secure passwords)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
This is from Steam's own support page regarding their password policies:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1266-OAFV-8478

Select a Strong Password
A strong password is a necessary first step toward ensuring the security of your account. Your password should meet all of the minimum requirements listed below:
  • Use at least 6 characters
  • Use a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters.
  • Include at least one number within the password
  • Do not use a name, a word that could be found in the dictionary, or a series of letters as it appears on the keyboard ("qwerty" and "12345" are not secure passwords)

Also, you constantly need to enter verification codes via e-mail should you switch computers. Microsoft has become horrible about this, and this is one of the reasons I don't play my old 360 anymore.

I'm all for cyber-security, but when it makes accessing items you have paid for less accessible, what's the point of paying for it?

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
Also, you constantly need to enter verification codes via e-mail should you switch computers.

You can disable "Steam Guard" in the settings if you don't like e-mail verification. :)
(or keep it enabled and receive codes on your phone :))

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts