Custom Ball Guide

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I decided to make this guide for all of the custom balls in TPA for several reasons. Since Farsight lost the WMS license, they have been forced to remove certain ball packs and repackage others. Like the new seasons, some of the ball packs require you to purchase balls that were previously available in other packs in order to get a few new custom balls. Also, since the menu now has names for all of the balls, it is much easier to make a list of them than it was before.

A few important notes:

1. If you previously purchased the season 1 and season 2 ball packs, you have all of the balls in Gottlieb ball pack 1 and the Gottlieb retro ball pack. No need to purchase them again.
2. The Farsight ball pack includes 3 balls that were given exclusively to users that installed Brunswick Bowling: Strike King, Melee, and Mastermind. In addition, there are also 7 balls previously available in the Addams Family ball pack.
3. The Stern ball pack has 4 previously unreleased balls: Ghostbusters, Mustang, Star Trek, and Whoa Nellie (well, technically they were temporarily unlocked for free at some point). However, there are also 3 balls that were previously available in the Season 1 and Season 2 ball packs

KEY
Black - Available when TPA is first installed
Blue - Currently available for purchase
Red - No longer available

1. Chrome
    [*] Marble
    [*] Gold
    [*] Camo
    [*] Zebra
    [*] Hades
    [*] Jade
    [*] Turquoise
    [*] Smiley
    [*] 8 Ball
    [*] Carnelian

[*] Twilight Zone (Twilight Zone custom ball, 2013 tournament award)
    [*] Borg (Star Trek TNG custom ball pack, 2013 tournament award)
    [*] Federation (Star Trek TNG custom ball pack, 2013 tournament award)
    [*] Klingon (Star Trek TNG custom ball pack, 2013 tournament award)
    [*] Eyeball (Eyeball custom ball, 2013 tournament award)
    [*] Attack From Mars (Season 1 ball pack)

[*] Big Shot (Gottlieb Retro ball pack, Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Black Hole (Gottlieb Ball pack 1, Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Bride (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Cirqus (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Creature (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Funhouse (Season 1 ball pack)

[*] Genie (Gottlieb Retro ball pack, Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] No Good Gofers (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Gorgar (Season 1 ball pack)

[*] Harley (Stern ball pack 1, Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Blackknight (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Medmadness (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Monster_Bash (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Party Monsters (Season 1 ball pack)

[*] Ripleys (Stern ball pack 1, Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Scared_Stiff (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Tales (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Taxi (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] Theater (Season 1 ball pack)
    [*] T2 (Terminator 2 ball pack)
    [*] T-800 (Terminator 2 ball pack)
    [*] Machine (Terminator 2 ball pack)
    [*] Cactus Canyon (Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Centaur (Season 2 ball pack)

[*] Central Park (Gottlieb Retro ball pack, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Champion Pub (Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Class of 1812 (Gottlieb ball pack 1, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Cue Ball Wizard (Gottlieb ball pack 1, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Dr Dude (Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] El Dorado (Gottlieb Retro ball pack, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Firepower (Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Flight 2000 (Stern ball pack 1, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Goin Nuts (Gottlieb ball pack 1, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Haunted House (Gottlieb ball pack 1, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Pinbot (Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Space Shuttle (Season 2 ball pack)

[*] Teed Off (Gottlieb ball pack 1, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Terminator (Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Victory (Gottlieb ball pack 1, Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] Whirlwind (Season 2 ball pack)
    [*] White_Water (Season 2 ball pack)

[*] Strike King (Farsight ball pack, Given to users that installed Brunswick Bowling)
    [*] Melee (Farsight ball pack, Given to users that installed Brunswick Bowling)
    [*] Mastermind (Farsight ball pack, Given to users that installed Brunswick Bowling)
    [*] Dirty Golf (Farsight ball pack, Addams Family ball pack)
    [*] Lightning (Farsight ball pack, Addams Family ball pack)
    [*] Hurricane Irene (Farsight ball pack, Addams Family ball pack)
    [*] Hand (Farsight ball pack, Addams Family ball pack)
    [*] Cousin (Farsight ball pack, Addams Family ball pack)
    [*] Fester (Farsight ball pack, Addams Family ball pack)
    [*] Light Bulb (Farsight ball pack, Addams Family ball pack)
    [*] Glo Orange (Glo-Ball pack)
    [*] Glo Blue (Glo-Ball pack)
    [*] Glo Pink (Glo-Ball pack)
    [*] Glo Yellow (Glo-Ball pack)
    [*] Glo Green (Glo-Ball pack)
    [*] Glo White (Glo-Ball pack)
    [*] Glo Mint (Glo-Ball pack)
    [*] Gallifrey (Doctor Who custom ball pack)
    [*] Cyberman (Doctor Who custom ball pack)
    [*] Dalek (Doctor Who custom ball pack)
    [*] Dr Who Mobile (Doctor Who custom ball pack)
    [*] Tardis (Doctor Who custom ball pack)
    [*] Ghostbusters (Stern ball pack 1)
    [*] Mustang (Stern ball pack 1)
    [*] Star Trek (Stern ball pack 1)
    [*] Whoa Nellie (Stern ball pack 1)

51 of the 84 custom balls are still available

Balls with Special Abilities
62. Dirty Golf - DISABLES LEADERBOARDS/GOALS Weighs less than a regular ball and is floatier like the Powerball in Twilight Zone, but smaller
63. Lightning - DISABLES LEADERBOARDS/GOALS IN ADDAMS FAMILY ONLY Ignores "The Power" magnets in Addams Family only
64. Hurricane Irene - DISABLES LEADERBOARDS/GOALS Ball moves faster as if the angle of the playfield is steeper. Also leaves behind book pages as it moves across the table
65. Hand - DISABLES LEADERBOARDS/GOALS Ball control which works the same as turning on ball control from a pro menu
67. Fester - Light bulb in Fester's mouth periodically turns on and off
68. Light Bulb - Periodically turns on and off
69-75. Glo-Balls - Glows in the dark, illuminating the area around it

Last edited:

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Thanks, Gorgar. Only missing Eyeball on PS4. Was it ever actually sold on PS4?

I don't think so. I didn't have a PS4 until it was out for a year or so, so it is possible that it was available at launch and then removed.

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
Anyone know if the glo-balls are suppose to be crossbuy between PS3 and Vita? I bought them like a month ago for PS3 and I assumed they'd also show up in the vita version but apparently not, or is this a glitch?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Hm. I seem to only have 6 of 7 Addams Family balls on Vita. Light Bulb isn't there.

Can anyone else with the Vita version who bought the Addams Family Custom balls check on this?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Anyone know if the glo-balls are suppose to be crossbuy between PS3 and Vita? I bought them like a month ago for PS3 and I assumed they'd also show up in the vita version but apparently not, or is this a glitch?

I don't have a vita, but I dug into my old purchases for PS3 and the custom balls that I did buy have two downloads each, 1 for PS3 and 1 for Vita. It looks like a glitch. If you haven't done so already, I would try restoring licenses, and if that doesn't work, see if the downloads for the vita version are in your download list.

Hm. I seem to only have 6 of 7 Addams Family balls on Vita. Light Bulb isn't there.

Can anyone else with the Vita version who bought the Addams Family Custom balls check on this?

That's weird. Maybe it wasn't made available on platforms without dynamic lighting. (I have no idea, just speculating)

Last edited:

Dok5555555

Nov 1, 2013
I don't have a vita, but I dug into my old purchases for PS3 and the custom balls that I did buy have two downloads each, 1 for PS3 and 1 for Vita. It looks like a glitch. If you haven't done so already, I would try restoring licenses, and if that doesn't work, see if the downloads for the vita version are in your download list.

Thanks unfortunately doesn't seem to show up for me on my Vita downloads, and can't seem to find how to restore licenses on the vita or ps3. Can't complain I guess since they cost half of what they do on other systems.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I don't think restoring licenses is an option on PS3 or PSV. If it is, I've never been able to find it.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Great list Gorgar, just a quick question. Do we have a list of balls that have special physics effects/disable achievements? If I recall, the golf ball was lighter than a normal ball and the hand ball allowed limited ball control. I think. Were there others?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Great list Gorgar, just a quick question. Do we have a list of balls that have special physics effects/disable achievements? If I recall, the golf ball was lighter than a normal ball and the hand ball allowed limited ball control. I think. Were there others?

I was thinking about adding that sometime later. I found an old newsletter with a list of the Addams Family balls, what they do, and if they disable leaderboards/goals.

tomwaits

Feb 8, 2014

I have the glo-balls on Vita and it only added the unlock key for Vita to my download list... no PS3 cross-buy.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Only one I'm missing is the Eyeball, looked on my steam past purchases and found it under November 2013 for .99, sent in an email to support to see if I can have it brought back.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So, I realized that the balls in the Farsight pack that I thought were new were actually given to users that had the Brunswick Bowling app installed on their device, so I made changes to reflect this on my initial post.

I also added a list of the custom balls that have special abilities and notated which ones disable leaderboards and goals.

I have no idea if there are any other balls with special abilities. I fooled around with the Doctor Who and Brunswick balls, and as far as I could tell, they don't do anything special. If anyone knows anything to the contrary, please post on here so that I can update it.

Also, I don't know too much about the Brunswick balls. Were there only 3?

Also, at least on iOS, installing Brunswick Bowling does not unlock the balls in TPA anymore, so I made that method of obtaining them red in my initial post.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
So from your list above, it looks like you can still get all the Addams Family balls by purchasing the Farsight Ball Pack? Is this correct? It doesn't show what balls you get in the shopping cart section on Android.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
I have no idea if there are any other balls with special abilities. I fooled around with the Doctor Who and Brunswick balls, and as far as I could tell, they don't do anything special. If anyone knows anything to the contrary, please post on here so that I can update it.

The Lightning ball for the Addams Family pack turns off the magnets during 'The Power'. Any scores logged while using the ball will not carry over to the leader board.

I also believe The Hand ball is the controllable. Not sure how it works on iOS but with a controller the right stick allows you to move the ball around the table at any point. Again any scores logged while using that ball will not carry over to the leader board.

There's also a ball you can control in Dr Who but can't recall which one - Tardis maybe? Will have to check later to confirm which one.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
So from your list above, it looks like you can still get all the Addams Family balls by purchasing the Farsight Ball Pack? Is this correct? It doesn't show what balls you get in the shopping cart section on Android.

Yes, according to the description on the PSN store (that was accidentally delisted along with everything else) the Farsight pack includes the Addams Family balls.

The Lightning ball for the Addams Family pack turns off the magnets during 'The Power'. Any scores logged while using the ball will not carry over to the leader board.

I also believe The Hand ball is the controllable. Not sure how it works on iOS but with a controller the right stick allows you to move the ball around the table at any point. Again any scores logged while using that ball will not carry over to the leader board.

There's also a ball you can control in Dr Who but can't recall which one - Tardis maybe? Will have to check later to confirm which one.

Thanks. I already have the information about the Addams Family balls (added to the bottom of initial post) but anything you can find out about the Dr. Who balls would be much appreciated.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I just purchased the Farsight pack on Android and can confirm that it contains all Addams Family balls. It's also $1.99. For the Hand Ball, a little joystick overlay appears on the left side (same as pro mode).

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Thanks. I already have the information about the Addams Family balls (added to the bottom of initial post) but anything you can find out about the Dr. Who balls would be much appreciated.

Looks like they all behave the same. None were controllable.

Odd since I seem to recall them mentioning on Twitch that some of the balls would do different things.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.