DMD on second screen solved....(kind of)

dallaker

Nov 13, 2013
Hi all,

I've got a homemade cabinet and thought with the ability to stretch windows over multiple screens, I'll use the Nvidia control panel and placed my second screen above the first, then just stretch the window to my backglass monitor.

Crude, but effective.

Maybe somebody has a better idea?

Last edited:

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Good idea. I think that is how the Visual Pinball spanned tables used to work.

For me unfortunately it does not work very well as I get a jittery screen with excessive tearing when running it windowed mode, whereas full screen is super smooth. I guess it might be specific to my setup so it would be interesting to know if it works for others.

With all these attempts to get the DMD and/or backglass on the 2nd screen (a necessity for a pinball game!) hopefully Farsight will surprise us and it give it to us soon. We just got DX11, new flipper physics, so Farsight are cooking on gas so never say never. ;)

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
Don't get too excited. They have been saying that since 2013.

Well I won't be using cabinet any time soon, if ever, so personally I couldn't care less. I'm happy for everyone who can benefit from it though.
But I do believe they will release it fairly soon, like within a couple months, if nothing unexpected happens. They have said they worked on it before but they have said they had to focus on other things and this time they said it's a main focus again and what they're working on now and hope to release soon, and like it wasn't to answer any question about it or anything, it was more of an announcement.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.