Do you get angry when the ball drains?

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
When you make a poor shot on STTNG and it drains down the evil out lanes. Data tells you 'If you had propelled the ball on the proper trajectory, you would have been rewarded". Makes me want to crawl in the machine and choke Brent Spiner for even recording that voice over.

Easter Egg: press both flippers during this sound clip and Picard will rudely interrupt with "Thank you, Mr Data." It gives you something like 10M too.

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
The thing that keeps me from getting mad is the fact that I remember how it was on tables IRL when a game was $0.25/$0.50 and a bad play actually cost you money.

I'm (almost) ashamed that I can instantly restart if I played a bad first ball. Back in the "good ol' days" you felt compelled to play out the rest ... but it probably made you a better player.

Morg

Apr 3, 2014
Easter Egg: press both flippers during this sound clip and Picard will rudely interrupt with "Thank you, Mr Data." It gives you something like 10M too.

Oh, that's cool. I just assumed he did that randomly, or when Data's sample had played repeatedly. I do tend to flail around a bit with the flippers after draining(or when bored) so I must be triggering it occasionally myself.

The weird thing was... I used to use that line there myself before I ever knew the table did. I about fell out of my chair the first time I heard Picard cut him off. :)

bluefalcon251

Apr 11, 2014
The other day I missed hitting Monsters of Rock on my last ball on Monster Bash that would have put me in the top 100 for that table (would be the first for any table)!! Still made 122 but MoR would have boosted me.

As for flippers, the cool thing about Monster Bash is hitting the flippers cancels the animations when activating the modes. I do miss one thing about real pins: walking past them in an arcade when idle and hitting one of the flippers usually makes a sound bite. I remember Whitewater makes a big foot growl. Whodunnit would ring the phone and the voice would ask if someone could pick up the phone! TPA sort of does this when selecting the games in the menu but it would be cool to have the random sound bites in TPA. STTNG was always my favorite and I would have to remember when a ball would drain to hit the flippers to get the Data bite and 10 million points (during my rage at losing the ball!!!). The original pin triggers would also make these sound bites.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I'd imagine that everybody would feel angry or frustrated when the ball drains, to some extent. Most frustrating for me are rapid, high-speed outlane drains from slingshots. Those get me more than anything else.

New Canasta has a camera built into the backbox that will take your picture after the ball drains. I have no idea why anyone would think that's a good idea.

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
I get angry playing on my iphone when the ball drains only because I pressed slightly outside of the proper area and it registers a nudge instead of a flipper press.

Or when a game is interrupted by a call, text or alarm.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts