Do you get anything for completing goals ? [Normal and or Wizard]

RevengeFan

Jun 26, 2013
There used to be trophies for completing the normal and wizard goals, but Farsight ran out of their trophy allotment during Season 2 (I think).
Also, completing the normal goals will unlock the wizard goals, and completing the wizard goals will unlock unlimited tilt on that table.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Generally getting goals gets you knowledge of the ruleset/wizardmodes/hiscore strategies.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
There used to be trophies for completing the normal and wizard goals, but Farsight ran out of their trophy allotment during Season 2 (I think).
Also, completing the normal goals will unlock the wizard goals, and completing the wizard goals will unlock unlimited tilt on that table.

It should be noted that playing with tilt off does not qualify those scores for leaderboards....but does PS4 have leaderboards yet?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
It should be noted that playing with tilt off does not qualify those scores for leaderboards....but does PS4 have leaderboards yet?

PS4 definitely has leaderboards and (I think) has had them since launch. It uses the same leaderboard as mobile, pc, and ps3/vita. When i switched from ps3 to ps4, I used the same psn id and still had all of my ps3 scores on the online leaderboard.

The issue that everyone is complaining about is that there is no friends filter for the ps4 leaderboards.

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
PS4 definitely has leaderboards and (I think) has had them since launch. It uses the same leaderboard as mobile, pc, and ps3/vita. When i switched from ps3 to ps4, I used the same psn id and still had all of my ps3 scores on the online leaderboard.

The issue that everyone is complaining about is that there is no friends filter for the ps4 leaderboards.
No friends! That's what I was thinking of.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
To be honest, FarSight did not meet the trophy cap at all If you compare the PS3 trophies to that of the PS4's, they (FS) could add a lot more. Whirlwind is the last table to have trophies on the PS3...the PS4 version stopped all the way back at AFM/Genie.

I do think if FS is done with the trophies, they can at least fix the friends' leaderboards (which haven't worked since launch).

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
To be honest, FarSight did not meet the trophy cap at all If you compare the PS3 trophies to that of the PS4's, they (FS) could add a lot more. Whirlwind is the last table to have trophies on the PS3...the PS4 version stopped all the way back at AFM/Genie.

I do think if FS is done with the trophies, they can at least fix the friends' leaderboards (which haven't worked since launch).

Well, in the past, a certain Facebook rep did say that the plan was to reformat the trophies (get all standard goals on all season 2 tables, get all wizard goals on all season 2 tables, etc), but what are they waiting for? If they were serious about implementing it, they should have done it when the season was first released. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

x_zot_x

Jul 28, 2015
Well, in the past, a certain Facebook rep did say that the plan was to reformat the trophies...
I think just adding trophies (after season 1) and a friends leaderboard would be a tremendous boast for this game. It was probably increase their sales as well. I know some people won't buy the other seasons just because they don't have trophies.

Also it seems like maybe they could treat each season as a separate entity. That way they'll never reach the maximum limit of trophies. They could keep the same three trophies per table (but change the wizard goals to gold) and add a platinum if you manage to get all the others. Because God knows you've earned it! I'm looking at you Genie!

Anyway, that's my take on it, but FarSight didn't ask me.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Well, in the past, a certain Facebook rep did say that the plan was to reformat the trophies (get all standard goals on all season 2 tables, get all wizard goals on all season 2 tables, etc), but what are they waiting for? If they were serious about implementing it, they should have done it when the season was first released. So, I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Yeah they did that for Xbox One for getting all of seasons standard and wizard goals as achievements. I think that's pretty cool. They could do away with the high scores trophies though. They really should fix the friends' leaderboards though. It has NEVER worked for PS4. NEVER! Still waiting on that. I'd rather them stop dropping tables for PS4 for a bit to work on that issue.

dmen1974

Mar 26, 2013
Yeah they did that for Xbox One for getting all of seasons standard and wizard goals as achievements. I think that's pretty cool. They could do away with the high scores trophies though. They really should fix the friends' leaderboards though. It has NEVER worked for PS4. NEVER! Still waiting on that. I'd rather them stop dropping tables for PS4 for a bit to work on that issue.
I totally agree. This game is almost complete, I don't understand why they didn't include friends leader board with the last update.

Daniel Osborne

Feb 28, 2012
Unfortunately the ps4 version is a complete joke.
No friends leaderboards
No trophies past season one or two
Appalling graphics
Poor sounds
More problems with each update (what's with the squares on cirqus voltaire? )
And many more mentioned by others....

workshed

Feb 26, 2015
Unfortunately the ps4 version is a complete joke.
No friends leaderboards
No trophies past season one or two
Appalling graphics
Poor sounds
More problems with each update (what's with the squares on cirqus voltaire? )
And many more mentioned by others....

Appalling graphics? I found the PS4 version to be much better than the PS3 version graphics wise, excepting some graphics bugs on a few tables (Seeing the ball on Creature while it is under the table comes to mind for example). The lighting is certainly better if nothing else. I'm generally not bothered by issues unless they directly impact the gameplay though...I've never even noticed the sound issues because I tend to play with the sound turned down so it is only barely audible.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
I totally agree. This game is almost complete, I don't understand why they didn't include friends leader board with the last update.

That is sad. The PS4 and XBOne versions should have been the definitive versions. I don't know anything about the XBOne version, but the PS4 version now pales to the PC version, especially since DX11 became available. At best, the PS4 looks maybe slightly better than DX11, but the PC version has fewer bugs, and even though the sound quality on PC isn't the best ever, it's still a lot more solid than the PS4 version. I keep reading that some of the old sound popping glitches are still on PS4-they're non-existent on PC. Plus, FarSight seriously dropped the pinball on trophy support. At least the XBOne got that right, with season cheeves.

The Pinball Arcade on PS4-a prime example of wasted potential.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012

Me either man. I be wondering what your score is on the PS4. LOL You were beasting on PS3/Vita.

Rafie

Jul 17, 2012
Friends leaderboards are not necessary but new trophies are necessary IMO.

Friends leaderboards are certainly necessary for most of us. Trophies are necessary for me in particular as well, but if I had to choose....it would be friend's leaderboards.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Are you guys serious about Farsight stopping trophy support on the PS4 tables?
I was about to re-purchase all of the tables again on the PS4 (I have seasons 1-3 in the cart), but now I'm thinking I might hold off.

I know many people don't care about them, but it's a big selling point for me. It makes completing all of the goals much more fun IMO.
Especially for the older tables (Central Park, Going Nuts, Genie). I still think there must be a way around the limitation.
How is it that Zen Pinball tables still have trophies on every new table? I lost count of how many tables they are up to, but it seems like quite a lot.

I think Farsight should take a few months off from releasing more tables and do some quality control on what they have out there already.
People are also saying there are still some issues with the PS4 sound quality on certain tables.

DarkAkatosh

May 23, 2012
lol @ the notion that they should take a few months off from releasing tables.

You can't get more ignorant than that, or can you....

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.