Do You Like Watching Others Play Pinball?

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I find myself watching people play pinball (on youtube) almost as much as i play myself. not even to understand a table better or learn a good strategy or anything, just to watch. i enjoy it, it calms my nerves sometimes, and im not nearly as big of a pinhead or pinball lover as a lot of you on here. i guess pinball just found me at a dark point in my life, and virtually saved part of me, as well as this community did, too. so i grew to really love it. the lights, the artwork, sounds, action etc. it just puts me in a happy place when all of my other interests have failed me (or i failed them), and i have to respect it for that.

so, do you also watch pinball? for any reason. maybe you dont. why and why not?

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
I like to watch videos on YouTube, some are about restoration of pinball, tutorials at PAPA or even sometimes tournament.
Hey, some people watch soccer, why not watch pinball ^^

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I like watching people play when we're hanging out in the same room, but that's about all the pinball I watch. Once in awhile I'll look up videos to check out new pins and stuff. Cool to hear that people enjoy watching pinball so much though. It's great that we have youtube for stuff like this. The vast majority of the youtube videos I watch are music related (live shows, jam sessions, etc.).

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
I love watching the tournament streams on both YT and Twitch. You don't realise how much you can learn about a machine just by watching people play it. Also covers off well how people adapt to different types of tables (between both EM/SS *and* styles, like Lawlor/Ritchie tables etc.).

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
I'll watch the PAPA tutorials for tips and pointers. Very handy I find. Plus I'll watch the streams members put out just to see how they play the tables.

The tournament PAPA videos are excellent just to see how real experts battle away, great fun. Some of the ball control is poetry in motion.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I also like the TNT videos showing how they repair/restore machines. They give some playing tips too sometimes.

Biff

Sep 18, 2012
I like it when Others play real pinball, but TPA or computer games in general - No, thank you.

PC.Doctor

Jul 22, 2013
I usually watch YT videos of other people playing pinball since there are barely any machines near my area. The only pinball machine available is located at an arcade center by the Holyoke Mall Food Court (Dale Jr) and I never seen anybody else play that except for myself.

I like to watch videos of actual pinball machine because they can teach me how to be a better pinball player.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
I like to watch videos on YouTube, some are about restoration of pinball, tutorials at PAPA or even sometimes tournament.
Hey, some people watch soccer, why not watch pinball ^^

right on! i havent gotten into watching too much tournament pinball, but did see a sick comback on The Getaway, down 240M came back and hit two super jackpots on his last ball to win it.

PoSTedUP

Dec 14, 2013
yeah, im glad to see yall watching pinball and enjoying it for whatever reasons. to learn rules, to learn about history, for entertainment, etc. its all for the love of pinball!!! :)

Eaton Beaver

Jan 25, 2014
I also enjoy watching videos of pinball on YouTube. I find when I watch a video it normally makes me want to play The Pinball Arcade and I also get that when listening to pinball podcasts. I think I actually prefer listening to podcasts on pinball over actual game play videos. I enjoy playing poker also but would prefer to be playing in a game than watching the World Series Of Poker on television. I would highly recommend the documentary Special When Lit to see some comical game play footage. They showed a former world champion player from the early nineties playing and he had a disco like routine of moves and motions with his body during games. Also the gentleman who has the two great pinball playing sons who is like an ambassador for pinball had some unusual leg motions going on during his game on Attack From Mars.

Shaneus

Mar 26, 2012
PAPA tutorials. Nuff said.

Most likely, by now, you all must love watching my videos ;)
We also love your modesty ;)

Surprised more here don't watch the tournament videos. I'm inclined to say that I'm addicted to them. So much to learn from watching the best in the world play.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Surprised more here don't watch the tournament videos. I'm inclined to say that I'm addicted to them. So much to learn from watching the best in the world play.

Shaneus, I'm hooked on them too. Especially love watching them live. I'll watch them all day long if my wife doesn't drag me somewhere.

Punisher

Jan 5, 2013
Since the closest thing to a pin is TPA around my area (I do live by the shore, and one of the arcades has a ton of pins), I have a tendency to watch youtube videos of people playing IRL pins, specifically Gameroom Collectables. They have the average skill that's comparable to mine, which is pretty damn good, and they have a tendency to make comments about things going on during the game.

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
I love watching PAPA's Twitch coverage, espcially with the commentators. I'd watch those 6- to 9-hour videos in their entirety (but not in one sitting, of course).

Members online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest posts