Download link for PinballArcade showbackglass application?

Driftin8ez

Nov 15, 2015
I can't seem to find a working link for the showbackglass application that works with pinballarcade. Does anyone have a working link and also do you know what version of pinball arcade to works with? I'm hoping it's the latest version. I wanted to use showbackglass because from my understanding of how it works it will show the back glass image during the table selection screen as well as during gameplay. The freecam mod only seems to show backglass when a table is selected and your in.

Thanks

Darquayle

Sep 29, 2012
you might want to send a PM to Bigboss on the VpForums site. I believe he wrote the code. I don't think it cares what version of PBA is runnning as it monitors one of the files that are accessed when loading a table. I also think it only changes image as the table is accessed, so I don't think it will show you the backglass from the selection menu. I used this version without issue until switching to the freecam util. both are good solutions.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
I use this app and it works well with tables from Seasons 1-4 but does not work with Season 5 tables. I do not know why. Also, it does not change the backglass until the table is started. Anyway, here is the link http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=25944

Once you install, let me know whether it works for you for Season 5. I'm thinking of abandoning it for this reason now that Pinball fx2 has built in backglass support. Will likely spend some time on the noex mod.

Driftin8ez

Nov 15, 2015
That download link is dead but if it only works when the table is launched I'll just stick with freecam mod

priested

Nov 7, 2013
That download link is dead but if it only works when the table is launched I'll just stick with freecam mod

Did you remove the period at the end of the link as the thread advises? If you remove the period, the file still seems to be there. Regardless, sounds like you decided to move in another direction. Here is the corrected direct link from that thread if you change your mind.http://pinballbulbs.com/files/pa_backglass.zip

Driftin8ez

Nov 15, 2015
Wow no I didn't. That's a huge fail in my part thanks for the heads up but ya Im sticking with freecammod. I built the entire pba table offering into pinballx launcher for attract mode in my cabinet. I haven't configured the table launder yet but for now when you exit pinballx it launches tba to the main menu. Good enough for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts