Farsight developing a coin operated Virtuapin of Pinball Arcade?

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
First I have heard of it.....for some reason, (and I don't know why) this gives me a bad feeling.....:(

I posted a link to this thread over in cabinet thread on the PC forum. Maybe someone over there knows something about it.

mrhorseshoe

Jun 25, 2012
I'm all for it. I'm too stupid to build my own, anyway.

But dang, I'm excited about Steve Richie's Game of Thrones table. I might just have to buy that one new. Time to dip into that 401k!

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I don't see any problem with a coin-op pin cab version of TPA. I mean, how's it going to distract from the core product? The cab version of TPA, when it eventually comes along, will be the same as the PC version just with some multi-monitor display config options bolted on. So yeah if TPA are going to build their own cabinet, or contract out to have their own cabs built, why not give those cabs a coin-op option? It'd be up to the owners if they want to put those cabs out on site to take real money.

Anyway - Game Of Thrones pinball just makes no sense to me. Unless it's an ultra-wide-body and you have to wait 6 years between balls.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
So yeah if TPA are going to build their own cabinet, or contract out to have their own cabs built, why not give those cabs a coin-op option? It'd be up to the owners if they want to put those cabs out on site to take real money.
Licensing. That's a new revenue stream likely not in the current contracts, and you can bet your quarters the licenseholders are going to want their cut.

Extork

Mar 14, 2013
I don't see any problem with a coin-op pin cab version of TPA. I mean, how's it going to distract from the core product? The cab version of TPA, when it eventually comes along, will be the same as the PC version just with some multi-monitor display config options bolted on. So yeah if TPA are going to build their own cabinet, or contract out to have their own cabs built, why not give those cabs a coin-op option? It'd be up to the owners if they want to put those cabs out on site to take real money.

Anyway - Game Of Thrones pinball just makes no sense to me. Unless it's an ultra-wide-body and you have to wait 6 years between balls.

Just completed your wizard goals yesterday? Good going. As far as the GoT theme, I'd still love to see it even though I know nothing about it. Same with KISS. As long as it's not something completely weak like Mother Goose tells her pinball stories, Ya know. The fans of things like GoT, KISS, Wrestlemania always seem like the hardest core fans. Just sayin that I could see it being a really good pin. And as far as the quarter option goes, I'm not too worried about it. But I always just blindly assume everything's going to be peachy. Same reason I don't follow politics. And besides, since it's FS, it'll probably be years from now, if at all. And I don't really think about the future, I'm like a goldfish or a cat

chinzman93

Jul 1, 2013
My main fear would be that Farsight decides not to offer a consumer version with cab support. Could operators say that profits will be hurt if consumers can get similar software (minus the coin op)? Probably just paranoia on my part...

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I've got a feeling that this has been a long-standing entry in the news section of this publication. I don't believe it is a new revelation.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.