Farsight support

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
Does Farsight support still respond and fix issues? I emailed them twice and haven’t heard anything back. I’m missing a bunch of tables on my iPad 2 and it seems to be related to my account because the same thing happens on my iPhone.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Get a load of this, too:

Capture5.PNG

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
What question is that in reply to, and where is it; depends on context if its referring to all (inc. Stern/Gottlieb) licenses, or just some.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Comments linked to, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbI9cZYjMpM

"Didn't you guys used to make pinball games? Whatever happened to that."

Yes. We did. And before that, many other games. Orbals is based on a game called Mojo! that we developed in 2003.

We aren't making pinball at the moment due to licensing difficulties.

HighFive

Jun 9, 2019
Comments linked to, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbI9cZYjMpM

"Didn't you guys used to make pinball games? Whatever happened to that."

Yes. We did. And before that, many other games. Orbals is based on a game called Mojo! that we developed in 2003.

We aren't making pinball at the moment due to licensing difficulties.

Well, they have licensing problems with Gottlieb games? Wonder if they still own the right for them.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Demand for Gottlieb is very low. I'd like it, many here would, but overall, the demand is low. So even if no trouble there, the cost to produce probably is just too high for the reward.

And compared to Magic Pixel and Zen, their product is getting dated which would require significant updates.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
It's a nearly 10 year old game engine that TPA runs on. With no big ticket license, producing a new game engine to match modern expectations all so they could pump out a few more Gottlieb titles makes little sense. FarSight keeps playing the victim rather than admitting to their own shortcomings of not reinvesting in their product when they were at their peak. Pray they keep their servers running or a lot of people are going to lose the ability to play, as if you purchased through the game or won titles or seasons from FarSight they require your login to their server, otherwise the game doesn't recognize your ownership.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
Pray they keep their servers running or a lot of people are going to lose the ability to play, as if you purchased through the game or won titles or seasons from FarSight they require your login to their server, otherwise the game doesn't recognize your ownership.

I did purchase through the game, but IIRC, it would send you to the Playstation Store. I can kick myself now, I did that because I somehow thought FS would get a bigger cut of the revenue that way... a bit like a sponsored link.

Can we test this by disconnecting the PS3 / VITA from the Internet and seeing which tables still work?

-Byte

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I did purchase through the game, but IIRC, it would send you to the Playstation Store.
What Shutyertrap is talking about only applies to the mobile version of the game. He was replying to the OP, who only plays on mobile. Sony manages the license keys on their platform and yes, you have access to all of the tables when playing offline. I've done it many times in the past, when Farsight's leader boards were hanging up the games.

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
So I’ve sent Farsight support 3 emails so far and they haven’t responded to any of them. I guess they really don’t care about this game anymore.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
You know, I was really hoping for just one more patch for the PS4 version of TPA that would fix at least SOME the remaining issues.

Black Hole (one of my favorites) is not looping the background sound in-game.

Dr. Who (the official one, not the fako) flipper sounds go away shortly into a game and will affect any other tables after that, until you reboot the app.

AC/DC still has the garbled numbers during the match sequence. Oddly though, not EVERY time, but most of the time.

Honestly, I don't care that much about the music not looping during the table selection screen, but there's that too.

I'm sure there are many other issues that hardcore pinballers notice about the PS4 version, but those are really the only bad ones I notice. I have all 100 tables, by the way, and would have bought ANY and ALL future tables they might have released, despite the issues. But I've given up on that pipe-dream long ago. I mean, they still had Gottlieb and Stern, right? But still.....nothing.

Unfortunately, by the time I got a new PC that could actually play TPA in a reasonable fashion, the Bally/Williams license was already gone. So I only have the less-than-half that are left now. Sigh.....

Really hope those "contract" games they make now are doing it for them, they certainly aren't doing anything for me.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
I still play PA about as much as FX, maybe more. Bugs are super rare on PA Xbone & I plan on staying with xbox mainly for my old PA table access...I've got all the Williams/Bally +

Captain Chris

Jun 6, 2012
Was able to get the issue with my tables fixed today. Ended up sending another email during the day and they were able to fix it pretty quick.

RuySan

Nov 30, 2017
I did buy one Stern Pack yeasterday because of Starship Troopers and that new-ish Star Trek Table.

Even after all this time i still have the same bugs. I can't play full screen in DX11 mode (i get a black screen if I do), unless I change refresh rate to 50hz, and can't remap Alt keys to flippers (this works fine in DX9 mode). In the end I still end up playing in DX9, even though it looks completely obsolete.

It's a shame that at the moment both PA and PFX3 are dead.

Scared Stiff

May 18, 2019
I did buy one Stern Pack yeasterday because of Starship Troopers and that new-ish Star Trek Table.

Even after all this time i still have the same bugs. I can't play full screen in DX11 mode (i get a black screen if I do), unless I change refresh rate to 50hz, and can't remap Alt keys to flippers (this works fine in DX9 mode). In the end I still end up playing in DX9, even though it looks completely obsolete.

It's a shame that at the moment both PA and PFX3 are dead.

Well, at least FX3 will have Indy soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.