First impression

Jim O'Brien

Feb 28, 2012
Tee'd Off: I remember playing this game in the Gottlieb Collection a long time back... Now that this game is on TPA, I feel rejuvenated and ready to play some more. It's as fun as I remember it!

Me too, and still have my PS2 and Gottlieb Collection. It would be interesting to fire it up and see my Tee'd Off and Genie scores. This is one of the best Gottlieb Premier tables and I almost forgot how deep the rules were what a great game. Does anyone know if the roulette letters are carried over from game to game ?

Tornado278

Sep 30, 2013
I had a lot of problems with the multiball modes, specially with cats and dogs rain (i cant be ahead when already have 3 billions points). In the ipad2, when you get 10 billions points, the score was back to zero, then, you cant do the 1 thousand points for hall of fame. The process to have billions of points is slowly, my best bid was the leg dog bonus (if you get extraballs the dog bonus repeated again and again).

Last edited:

Mark W**a

Banned
Sep 7, 2012
Please don't compare Dr. Dude to this.

90's Radical/Bodaciousness may not be your thing, but you can't deny quality artwork in the table, a well thought out, charming comic book narrative, a creative playfield with tons of crazy gimmicks, and an exciting multiball and overall well thought out, synchronicity to the gameplay.

T'eed Off has awful artwork, the Gofer himself is neither charming nor annoying, he's just ugly and stupid. Awful rules, and laughably bad, low budget DMD animations.

In it's defense there's a little bit of 'flow' going in the table, but otherwise it's just beyond uninspired, below average affair.

Last edited:

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Did anybody teach you how to play this game?

Eegah

May 12, 2013
Update's out on iOS. Fixed: slow DMD display, slow initials, now properly displays disturbing golfer butt before game. Not fixed: volcano/SKINS! bug.

oqvist

Nov 23, 2013
This is the only enjoyable Gottlieb table together with Cue ball Wizard. But I feel this is better. I did get skinned of my 1,2 billion score that was though :(.

Zorgwon

Sep 14, 2013
Now that it is a free table I really tried it and then bought the pack. Better than expected. No video modes but many different other modes which are all skill-based. Many targets. Lightning Storm a bit out of balance but you have to get that far. The DMD is really lacking information about the number of holes or holes-in-one made.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
The holes are indicated by playfield lights. 1-6-9 are at the volcano, 2-4-8 at the right ramp, 3-5-7 at the rightmost sinkhole.

There isn't any separate holes-in-one tally like NGG.

Yes, this game is surpisingly decent and unfairly underrated. It's not at all a weak imitation of NGG like everyone thinks at first (yes this came before NGG.) They play nothing alike. Teed Off has quite a novel layout and some interesting flow. And the unbalanced scoring actually converges back to balanced at the high end, with multiple ways to abuse multiple billions (Skins doubling, Lightning Storm/Anything Goes, Pitch & Putt.)

Last edited:

fromduc

Feb 28, 2014
Man, this one is really the table i had the more stress ever, this poker game is just a killer: was at 6.2B (double of my best score) on mys last ball when i started SKINS not even on purpose, quick step to the leaderboard, saw that a double would give me my 1st top 10 ever, i take the shoot! Of course it choosed me the 3 left targets so i didnt even tried and blocked the ball on left flipper waiting the end. But what i didnt know (only 2nd night i was playing and i never tried the recovery before) is that u dont just need to make the right loop, u also need to got the putting hole! Took me 3 other shoots and many fears befor saving my score ;p Cant wait to play it again, this table is a candy :)

TNT

Feb 27, 2015
I think this is one of those tables that it isn't as bad as its Pinball Arcade reputation would suggest.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
You'd think wrong (chuckle)

This table is not well liked in real life, due to the ease of exploiting it.

you can really just keep shooting up the middle during lightning storm that easily. Being able to roll the table in TPA is not unrealistic.

trunchbull

Sep 21, 2015
General question: how is the billion point shot achieved? I got it on accident once and I don't remember at all how I did it.

invitro

May 4, 2012
General question: how is the billion point shot achieved? I got it on accident once and I don't remember at all how I did it.

If you're talking about the "BILLION" that appears in the DMD, this happens when your score becomes or goes over one billion. I don't recall any shot worth a billion points.

trunchbull

Sep 21, 2015
Which is really strange because I was puttering along at like 300k or something and suddenly I had an extra billion points, so something must have happened but I still don't know what. I think it happened when I shot the volcano but it was also during one of my first games when I was just shooting everything to get a feel for it.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
There are a few ways to pass billion rapidly.

1) double score from a skins game
2) an insanely high normal jackpot (it can be gotten up to 765M!)
3) an end of ball bonus from lightning storm.
4) an ungodly high pitch and put.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Yeah, but none of those are going to give you a billion in one shot without you knowing what you did, they all require a lot of deliberate setup.

About the only big score you can get by just whacking around is the multiball super jackpot, which is 300M, although you'd know if you did it during multiball.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
One my more favorite tables, mainly because I played it at a restaurant in real life for a couple of days 20 years ago. Game seems to have a decent mix of drainingitis but relatively fair play. Oddly, I'm not great at the table, only just got the Lightning Round for the first time yesterday and nearly doubled my earlier best score.

One thing I don't like about the table is the wisecracks aren't always rational, trying to get SKINS! and you get it to the volcano for a letter and it asks if you are wearing a blindfold? Getting a high bonus has always seemed tricky on this table.

Overall, like the table. Hello ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.