First impression

Man-Machine

Dec 6, 2012
The gameplay is very straightforward and simple. Once you locate the checkpoints you are basically ready to go. Mastering the dead pass is very useful on this table. The upper playfield is a funny addition. The bad thing are the Gottlieb flippers wich make play a bit clunky.
The sound is somewhat understated.
I' ve been playing this a lot but wonder if still will after, say, four months.

DanBradford

Apr 5, 2013
I agree, it's ok but after I get to 100 HOF points on it (currently 52 with about 21M) I'll probably consign it to the same pile as HD3 and T2 ie never play again

Does anyone know if we can stack EBs in this game? If so then the sky is the limit.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
i been doing horrid on this table so far right now its my worse scoring table. and i can't master that second mini play field up on the right.

Last edited:
K

Korven

I don't like cars, racing or hurry up's, so this will be one of the least played tables for sure. Even if I had enjoyed the theme, gameplay would still be incredibly dull and uninspired.

Chris Dunman

Apr 11, 2012
Nowt to do with TPA but this table is dull, dull, dull. Not saying poor choice by TPA cos some people love it I'm sure. For me it's one I shall play very very rarely.

That said, it's miles better than CO1812. Again, not saying TPA made a bad choice. Different strokes and all that but 1812 is for me an epic fail.

JenniferS

Feb 8, 2013
I'm loving this table! The checkpoints range from easy to challenging, and once you get that bonus up to 800K, it's nerve-wracking to think of losing the ball and that potential bonus. And that eight-bit sounding music, I love that, being a kid of the 80's.

pezpunk

Jul 29, 2012
yeah, i'm into this table. I like the constant hurry-up, and variety of shots. It's also very simple -- just hit the checkpoints! The prototype of this table had a reversed lower playfield like BH and HH. Too bad that didn't make it into the production version. Victory could also use a multiball mode as a reward for completing a race, IMO.

phattslagg

Banned
Jul 29, 2013
I'm really enjoying this table - not into racing or cars at all, but I don't see how that matters, since the experience of pinball couldn't possibly come near that of driving, anyway!

I particularly like the music, as it reminds me of the soundtrack to Gates of Zendocon on the Atari Lynx :)

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
isnt the ball a little to small on this table? the lower flippers look huge compared to the ball, i have never seen the real table so i dont know if it is supposed to be this way.

Eegah

May 12, 2013
BOW BEFORE MY PINBALL MIGHT

More seriously, with the emphasis the table has in flow I wish some of the checkpoints connected better. Hitting Checkpoint 2 nearly always gives you a clean shot at 3 and 7 leads directly to the finish for example; kinda wish you could complete a full lap just by chaining shots like that.

norbert26

Apr 21, 2013
isnt the ball a little to small on this table? the lower flippers look huge compared to the ball, i have never seen the real table so i dont know if it is supposed to be this way.
i thought the ball was about the same size as white water and comparable to terminator 2 (in landscape mode camera 4 ipad mini) ?

Eegah

May 12, 2013
This might be somewhat illusory, as the reflection of the table on the ball camoflauges it somewhat, making it look smaller than it really is.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
I've never played it IRL and it took me some time to get used to, but I'm liking it so far. Does seem a bit on the floaty side, but the ball tragectories are a little better than I'm used to seeing in some tables like T2.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
I like this table, it certainly is a simple affair rulewise but it's nice to get in a rhytm where you go from shot to shot and race to race and it also feels like one of those tables that reward precise shooting by letting you control the flow. My best score was 187M but it only registered the 87M part of it, that was a huge bummer, hope they fix that soon. I like the fact that to get good flow and chain shots, you have to employ a lot of basic techniques like flipper passing and dead passing. Hardest one in my opinion is lap 4 in the inlane of the left flipper. The safest (but not fastest) solution is to shoot the upper ramp from the upper left flipper, but there's also a ricochet shot possible from the left flipper towards the the "S" and "H" targets that directly feed the inlane. I'm still figuring out where that sweetspot is. I also like the fact that you can luck out with a double register of the extra ball hole with the ball not ejecting the whole way, I'm not sure if that is proper behaviour for this table, but it's really that kind of detail that make TPA tables sometimes feel like real tables.

DopedToInfinity

Mar 31, 2012
When this table was released I first got it on my ipad2 and the playfield textures looked bad. I've since upgraded to an ipad air and it still looks bad. Compared to most tables in TPA it looks very low-res. I have a hard time believing the textures weren't re-used from the wii gottlieb phof collection.

Apart from that I'm glad Farsight have re-centred the playfield :)

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
Some tricks.

You can plunge the checkpoint 1. this scores it's full value as it passes through the rollunder from the right side. you can then whack the ball into checkpoint 2. this also scores full value, because you did it while checkpoint 1 was scoring.

If you can keep getting extra balls you can play forever. but there's only one from the eject hole per ball.

Members online

Members online