Fix the backgorund music. Really. It's time.

bigfatbass

Jun 20, 2016
Can you PLEASE fix the freaking auto playing background music? Separate it from the other sounds, and PLEASE let us turn it off PERMANENTLY!!!! It even overrides device volume, so no matter what you do, it comes blasting out when you start the game. Who does this? I mean, what kind of idiot coders thinks this is OK?

Free facebook games handle this issue with ease. All of them. Really. There is a little freaking button on the screen at all times that will let you adjust settings and turn off music separate from the other sounds. How come a game WE ARE PAYING FOR can't get this simplest of simple things addressed? Especially since you broke it with an "update"! We know the proper code exists, we saw it working for a long time. Are you telling us the facebag "match 3" game coders are really that much smarter than you?

Sorry to rant, but it's been MONTHS of this bullsh!t, and it is time you guys played adult for a day and fixed it. Really. It's time.

Fix. The. Auto-play. Background. Music. We. Are. Begging. You.

Fix it.

Really.

Fix. It.

Actually, no. I'm not sorry to rant. This is a RIDICULOUS issue, and one that should have been fixed the day after the update that broke it was released.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Umm... it doesn't override the device volume.

I see you have a Galaxy Tab (just like me). The Galaxy Tab (and I'm assuming, almost all Android devices) has two volume settings:
"Notifications", which is used for all the chines and bells and beeps and whatnot when you get a new tweet or email or however you set it up. That's the volume that you can change when you're in the home screen.
"Media", which is the volume used by individual apps, such as TPA.

When you launch an app, you need to wait a while for Android to catch up and switch control to the "Media" volume. That's not just a TPA thing, it occurs on pretty much every app.

As for turning off the background music - there was an option to do so in the early UI betas, but it wasn't working, so it got taken out so it could be fixed. No idea when it's going to be fixed, mind you.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Can you PLEASE fix the freaking auto playing background music? Separate it from the other sounds, and PLEASE let us turn it off PERMANENTLY!!!! It even overrides device volume, so no matter what you do, it comes blasting out when you start the game. Who does this? I mean, what kind of idiot coders thinks this is OK?

Free facebook games handle this issue with ease. All of them. Really. There is a little freaking button on the screen at all times that will let you adjust settings and turn off music separate from the other sounds. How come a game WE ARE PAYING FOR can't get this simplest of simple things addressed? Especially since you broke it with an "update"! We know the proper code exists, we saw it working for a long time. Are you telling us the facebag "match 3" game coders are really that much smarter than you?

Sorry to rant, but it's been MONTHS of this bullsh!t, and it is time you guys played adult for a day and fixed it. Really. It's time.

Fix. The. Auto-play. Background. Music. We. Are. Begging. You.

Fix it.

Really.

Fix. It.

Actually, no. I'm not sorry to rant. This is a RIDICULOUS issue, and one that should have been fixed the day after the update that broke it was released.

Do you actually think this approach is a productive way to report a bug?

Because it isn't. Particularly suggesting a developer or developers are "idiot coders".

I agree that not being able to turn off the Pinball Wizard tune is not a good UX. I can confirm it has been acknowledged by the dev team and prioritised accordingly.

bigfatbass

Jun 20, 2016
Bug reported politely more than once, and not just by me. I have no other piece of software on my tablet that gives me a big blast of sound when I start it, regardless of my settings, and all notifications being turned off. This is the closest I've gotten to a response. You're right being snarky doesn't help, but sometimes maybe just a little.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.