Full playfield reveal for JJP's Hobbit

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I'm surprised this isn't already posted here. They revealed the (supposedly) full schematic for the Hobbit table on the 14th.
Personally I feel it looks emptier than I was expecting and wanting, but there is still a lot unknown.

Anyway, here it is for those interested. The link points out a few things

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index6.html

14a.jpg

N

netizen

The magnet and VUK behind the two Drop Targets on the left of that row of 5 give a lot of possibilities for Smaug.

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
Nice open middle. Wonder what Smaug is gonna do, since I doubt he'll just be a static toy.

He's supposedly going to be massively interactive. The middle is way open (except for the 4 pop-up/trap doors), but that is what I'm not to happy about.
It looks to plain and symmetrical to me.

Sean DonCarlos

Staff member
Mar 17, 2012
I wouldn't consider LOTR to have an open playfield. The left side, yes, but the right is pretty closed off between the Ring ramp, the Palantir target, the Gimli hole/VUK, and the sword ramp.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It's more open in the middle than a lot of pins, but yeah not as much as this.

Last edited:

Metalzoic

Jun 8, 2012
I think the hobbit would be better as a standard body game instead of a wide body.

You mean based off of how open that design is or the theme itself?

I think JJP has already stated that wide is their standard, so I doubt we will see any non-wide bodies from them at all.

Tom

Sep 9, 2012
Based of the design.
I personally like open games, but wide Bodies are best when they are packed with alot of "stuff" imo.

pseudokings

Jun 10, 2012
Reminds of Fish Tales (read above) and Avengers (drops in front of what I expect will be a smash target), and the way everything is up at the back together reminds of Spider-Man. I expect to like it. Probably better than WOZ.

Sumez

Nov 19, 2012
It -is- oddly symmetrical, but so is Taxi and Monster Bash, and those are among my favourites. I see nothing bad about this playfield layout, could be a lot of fun.

Axe slingshots look like a neat gimmick, too :)

DrainoBraino

Apr 11, 2012
I have a feeling this pin is ....GONNA BE AWESOME!

I finally got to play Wizard of Oz a few weeks ago when I was in Rehoboth beach DE. I walked into an arcade on the boardwalk, BAM, there is was. Played about 20 games of it. I loved everything about it, especially the lights. Holy cow, the lighting on this table is SICK. The playfield lights literally float off the table showing every color in the rainbow. Too bad it was in a room with huge florescent lights glaring on the glass. I would love to play it in a darkened room, with some...ahem...stimulating substances.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts