Android - Bug Game pauses itself then goes into hyper speed

Omar_DmX

Sep 1, 2014
Hello,

I have encountered a bug where the game goes to pause menu during table play (I didn't press the pause button), then when pressing resume game and after waiting for the three second countdown, the game goes into hyper mode, it's like the normal speed is multiplied by ten or something, makes the game totally unplayable until quitting and replaying the table. I got this bug on Who Dunnit.
My phone is a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with stock 4.2.2 rom.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This is, unfortunately, a known issue. [MENTION=4573]Scumble373[/MENTION] (Android dev) is trying to work out the issue, but last report was he was having issues trying to isolate the many methods users can onStop() the game, and writing code around each scenario.

Scumble373

FarSight Employee
Jul 1, 2014
Hello,

I have encountered a bug where the game goes to pause menu during table play (I didn't press the pause button), then when pressing resume game and after waiting for the three second countdown, the game goes into hyper mode, it's like the normal speed is multiplied by ten or something, makes the game totally unplayable until quitting and replaying the table. I got this bug on Who Dunnit.
My phone is a rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with stock 4.2.2 rom.

Hey Omar,

As Jared said, this is a known issue, however, there is a known (temporary) solution! Going back to the home menu and returning to the game will fix the speed up problem 100%. A better, long term solution is coming.

Thanks

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I have samsung s3 and it happens for me when I accidentally rotate phone (so screen rotates landscape→portrait or vice versa) during play. A fix is to return to menu and rotate screen again, if merely returning to menu doesn't fix it.

Maybe you accidentally rotated screen? It happens easily if you just position phone flat. A suggestion is to lock the screen or disable screen rotation after you've chosen your preferred view for current table, so you don't accidentally rotate screen if you put the phone down on a table or sit hunched over playing ( ;-) ) .

debuggiest

Aug 10, 2013
I have samsung s3 and it happens for me when I accidentally rotate phone (so screen rotates landscape→portrait or vice versa) during play. A fix is to return to menu and rotate screen again, if merely returning to menu doesn't fix it.

Maybe you accidentally rotated screen? It happens easily if you just position phone flat. A suggestion is to lock the screen or disable screen rotation after you've chosen your preferred view for current table, so you don't accidentally rotate screen if you put the phone down on a table or sit hunched over playing ( ;-) ) .

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I have a rotation lock on my S5, and it looks like TPA ignores it completely. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I have a rotation lock on my S5, and it looks like TPA ignores it completely. Not sure if that's intentional or not.
I use an app called ultimate rotation control, works great with TPA. Had it almost since TPA came out. I mainly play in portrait with phone upside down, it's no problem, you select any view (I just used forced view) then lock it.

No need to root or anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.